Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-14-2011, 10:40 AM
DaveWM DaveWM is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Orlando FL
Posts: 5,607
yootoo tv rant

I guess I am just a old fuddy duddy, I finally found the X files on a channel I get on the cable, yea, turns out to be a "1st social network tv" huh...

anyway so if you want to watch mulder and scully you have to deal with very long breaks and constant streaming chatter (think its called a chyron) during the show. It was bad enough having to see ads pop up on the lower sides (like the nascar ad that would jump up and change a tire, sound and all in the middle of show) but this stream of idiodic chatter makes it nearly unwatchable. I think I get some masking tape maybe I can block it off. But then you have to set a timer to know when to come back to the show after the long ass breaks selling "apps" oy vey.

anyway I dont think I will be going back there anytime soon.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-14-2011, 11:33 AM
leadlike's Avatar
leadlike leadlike is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lancaster, Pa
Posts: 956
kind of reminds me of sitting down to watch Ren and Stimpy reruns on Spike Tv, only to find that they had added so many commercials that a ten minute cartoon was now extended to a 30 minute ordeal. Don't know if they are still doing that.

+1 on annoying popup tv ads that make extremely loud noises during your regular programming!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-19-2011, 11:57 PM
ChrisW6ATV's Avatar
ChrisW6ATV ChrisW6ATV is offline
Another CT-100 lives!
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hayward, Cal. USA
Posts: 3,552
I have a slightly related complaint. Mine is about football on Fox broadcast TV. Unlike the other networks that seem to just occasionally put a strip on the bottom of the screen with scores of other games, Fox has this going constantly, and it is always scrolling all kinds of details about the other games (ball position, player stats, etc.) that repeats over and over again. I got tired of my eyes following the motion only to read the same item I already saw five times. Since I watch the games with a projector, I found I can put a six-foot piece of 2x4 on the cabinet below the screen and adjust the video centering downward a bit, and just block the whole stupid scrolling line entirely. Much nicer now-just the game I am watching without the constant distraction.
__________________
Chris

Quote from another forum: "(Antique TV collecting) always seemed to me to be a fringe hobby that only weirdos did."
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:52 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.