Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-24-2009, 11:05 AM
Fred Sanford's Avatar
Fred Sanford Fred Sanford is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA
Posts: 68
It might get loud...

http://www.collider.com/entertainmen...d=10916&tcid=1

This might be interesting, I'm looking forward to seeing it. Documentary/interviews with Edge/Jimmy Page/Jack White.

je
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-24-2009, 12:03 PM
similost's Avatar
similost similost is offline
Rockin and Rollin....
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Alexandria VA
Posts: 223
yer link don't work..
__________________
Big ass speakers with too much power, and nowhere to go fast...
Altec A7-500; Peavey SUB118-HC
Modded Quicksilver 8417 Mono Amps; Tapco J1400
Behringer MX2004X; Tapco T-231; Peavey VSX; Pioneer SR-303
Technics SL-1200MKII; Pioneer RT-701; Yamaha CDX-1030; KLH Model 18
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-24-2009, 10:12 PM
dew042's Avatar
dew042 dew042 is offline
Magically delicious
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Next door.
Posts: 48
http://www.collider.com/entertainmen...d=10916&tcid=1
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-25-2009, 12:33 AM
EchoWars's Avatar
EchoWars EchoWars is offline
Once Ran Amok in Kent
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 81
Looks very interesting and I'd love to see it.

But...and I don't mean to disparage Jack White in any way, as I am a fan of sorts...does he really belong in a documentary about guitar players being compared to the likes of Jimmy Page and The Edge? Or was he added to 'freshen up' the whole deal with a more modern perspective? In that way, I suppose he fits, but in any other respect, he's the odd man out.
__________________
In battle, in forest, at the precipice in the mountains,
On the dark great sea, in the midst of javelins and arrows,
In sleep, in confusion, in the depths of shame,
The good deeds a man has done before defend him.
--Bhagavad-Gita
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-25-2009, 06:07 AM
Fred Sanford's Avatar
Fred Sanford Fred Sanford is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA
Posts: 68
http://www.itmightgetloud.com/info.html

Sorry about the first link...thanks for the edit.

je
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #6  
Old 03-29-2009, 05:48 PM
chadnliz's Avatar
chadnliz chadnliz is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 5
I am looking forward to the Anvil Doc coming out in April, though nobody else seems to be.
__________________
VMPS, Classe, Anthem, SOTA, Lexicon, HSU, ROTEL, B&W, Carver, Luxman, VPI, Audioquest, Discovery, Cardas, Hubbel and so on...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-02-2009, 03:50 PM
specialidiot's Avatar
specialidiot specialidiot is offline
a special kind of idiot..
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mendota Heights, MN
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoWars View Post
But...and I don't mean to disparage Jack White in any way, as I am a fan of sorts...does he really belong in a documentary about guitar players being compared to the likes of Jimmy Page and The Edge?
I think its a pretty interesting progression, really. Jimmy Page as the old skool dude, he's done it all, and set the stage for the rest of them. The Edge is either at the peak or just past the peak of his humongous career.

Jack White represents the up and coming. He's really not that good technically, but has the instincts and drive to create fascinating music and I predict that one day his chops will become legendary. Like Page and The Edge.

I can't wait to see it.
__________________
Up: Transcendent GG, McIntosh MC225, Micro Seiki DD-33 w/Dyna 10x5,Sony XDR-F1HD, Indignia
Down: Yamaha C-2x, Pass F5 clone, B-2, T-1, Cambridge Audio Azur 540C v2, Denon DP-62L w/DL-160,Diatone DS-77HRX, '78 Cornwalls, Ohm Walsh 2
Projects: KLH 17 Rebuild, Yamaha CR-1020
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-02-2009, 04:58 PM
julian_photo's Avatar
julian_photo julian_photo is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Downtown Toronto
Posts: 1
Go see it when it come outs. I was at the world premiere of it here in Toronto when all three of them showed up, great movie.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-02-2009, 05:04 PM
Sovereign's Avatar
Sovereign Sovereign is offline
Can you dig it?
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bottom of Tampa Bay
Posts: 8
Thumbs up

Saw the preview a couple of weeks ago. Does look really good but like the movie "The Hurt locker" I bet I will have to rent it to see it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-22-2009, 12:44 PM
specialidiot's Avatar
specialidiot specialidiot is offline
a special kind of idiot..
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mendota Heights, MN
Posts: 18
good interview of the director on the local sports station this morning, download it at:
http://www.kfan.com/cc-common/podcas..._PowerTrip.xml
__________________
Up: Transcendent GG, McIntosh MC225, Micro Seiki DD-33 w/Dyna 10x5,Sony XDR-F1HD, Indignia
Down: Yamaha C-2x, Pass F5 clone, B-2, T-1, Cambridge Audio Azur 540C v2, Denon DP-62L w/DL-160,Diatone DS-77HRX, '78 Cornwalls, Ohm Walsh 2
Projects: KLH 17 Rebuild, Yamaha CR-1020
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:11 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.