Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-21-2009, 11:54 AM
Ultra-Hog's Avatar
Ultra-Hog Ultra-Hog is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: "State College, PA" in Central Pennsylvania
Posts: 67
Thumbs up Liam Neeson - Taken

Liam Neeson is one of my favorite actors, along with Gene Hackman, Sean Connery and John Malkovich. We saw "Taken" last night and we were not disappointed. While it was not exactly a new story line it did keep us on the edge of our seats throughout the entire move. I do hope that we have people like Bryan Mills working on our side. Can't even begin thank them enough...

This is where things start to get hot:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y_Wu36wIEM
__________________
You Rang?
R.I.P. little buddy!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-21-2009, 11:56 AM
Snade's Avatar
Snade Snade is offline
humble AK member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago burbs - DuPage county
Posts: 192
The buzz on this movie is great - one of the best action flicks in recent years.

I'll be seeing it when released on DVD.

Agree, Liam is one of the best actors working today. He can do everything - action, drama, or comedy.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-21-2009, 12:04 PM
prisoners's Avatar
prisoners prisoners is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Oak Park, Il
Posts: 62
Saw it last night also...you weren't the guy behind me talking all the way through were you???!!!! It wasn't bad, and Liam was very good. Kinda Hardcore/Ronin/Bourne Identity mix.
__________________
Project One w Blue Point #2/Tube Box/AES AE-3/Accuphase P-300/Meadowlark Shearwater HRs
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-21-2009, 01:13 PM
Ultra-Hog's Avatar
Ultra-Hog Ultra-Hog is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: "State College, PA" in Central Pennsylvania
Posts: 67
No, I don't talk in theatres and have little tolerance for those that do. It's that old school, old fashioned manners kind of thing.
__________________
You Rang?
R.I.P. little buddy!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-21-2009, 09:18 PM
Luckyman's Avatar
Luckyman Luckyman is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 19
I saw this recently, and must say I thought mit was a great flick!
And that from a person who rarely go out to the movies.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #6  
Old 02-21-2009, 11:15 PM
whoaru99's Avatar
whoaru99 whoaru99 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: MN
Posts: 37
Just got back from seeing it.

I agree...it does keep you interested and on the edge a bit.

The ending was different than I expected, but I won't give up any detail.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-24-2009, 10:10 PM
chadnliz's Avatar
chadnliz chadnliz is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 5
A review called it "The classiest Steven Segal movie ever made".......I thought that was some funny stuff!
__________________
VMPS, Classe, Anthem, SOTA, Lexicon, HSU, ROTEL, B&W, Carver, Luxman, VPI, Audioquest, Discovery, Cardas, Hubbel and so on...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-08-2009, 09:30 PM
f1 fan f1 fan is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 7
Taken is a great show. Liam can do it all. His movies do not disappoint.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-09-2009, 07:33 AM
soundmotor's Avatar
soundmotor soundmotor is offline
super modified
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Just off the shoulder of Orion
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadnliz View Post
A review called it "The classiest Steven Segal movie ever made".......I thought that was some funny stuff!
I don't think that is unfair description. The major difference between this film & most Segal flicks is that you believe Neeson. Something about being an actor vs. someone who acts I'd bet. He is just enjoyable to watch (Rob Roy!) and this one was no exception. What is too bad though was the minimal time his CIA buddies had. Some good actors in that group and I would have much rather seen them given more screentime than the twit playing his daughter. Same for Famke Jannsen, she was not given much material to work with. All in all though, not bad. But did we really need 2 threads on this? This one is still on the front page -

Taken
__________________
I took a hammer to a Regency TR-4, I was 6 at the time.

Last edited by soundmotor; 03-09-2009 at 07:37 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-09-2009, 11:13 AM
Ultra-Hog's Avatar
Ultra-Hog Ultra-Hog is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: "State College, PA" in Central Pennsylvania
Posts: 67
Rob Roy, another excellent performance by Liam Neesen in another excellent movie!
__________________
You Rang?
R.I.P. little buddy!
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #11  
Old 03-10-2009, 07:19 PM
dspang's Avatar
dspang dspang is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hamilton, Ohio
Posts: 6
Anyone remember his glory days of Darkman? Excellent movie for some fun cheese. Neeson does revenge so well.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-12-2009, 01:56 PM
stras's Avatar
stras stras is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3
Liam Neesen was great in K-19, Ed
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-15-2009, 10:54 AM
godzilla's Avatar
godzilla godzilla is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ypsilanti, Michigan
Posts: 46
I also enjoyed Taken. Though, Neeson is no Denzel in 'Man on Fire'.
__________________
Sansui Receiver Seven, Sony XA3ES, Klipsch KLF20's. .



Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-27-2009, 12:36 PM
SoCalBlink's Avatar
SoCalBlink SoCalBlink is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 14
Liam Neeson is definitely one of my favorite actors and I loved his most recent film, Taken... It was one of the best action movies I have seen in a long time. His voice gave me the chills when he spoke with his daughter on the cell phone right before she was taken.

My heart goes out to Liam and his two sons after the tragic death of his wife, Natasha Richardson I was encouraged to hear that her story and the media coverage of her accident actually helped saved a young girls life
Richardson Tragedy Helps Save Little Girl
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-28-2009, 12:52 PM
Ultra-Hog's Avatar
Ultra-Hog Ultra-Hog is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: "State College, PA" in Central Pennsylvania
Posts: 67
Ament to that.
__________________
You Rang?
R.I.P. little buddy!
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:18 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.