Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-03-2009, 12:09 PM
Big Tuna's Avatar
Big Tuna Big Tuna is offline
Sorry, Charlie
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: North Texas
Posts: 39
Anyone seen the colorized version of "Miracle on 34th Street"?

I have heard that it is only on Laserdisc, am I wrong? I have it and me and my family watched it on Christmas eve and immensely enjoyed it and my sis-in-law's eyes were so big and she was watching in awe, saying she had never seen this movie in color.
__________________
<b>If Everybody Had Everything They Wanted, The World Would Be a Pretty Boring Place-CMC</b>
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-03-2009, 12:21 PM
newhallone newhallone is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 524
Never. And never will. Great movie though. I think the colorized is on dvd tho. Unfortunately.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-03-2009, 08:51 PM
Jack Lord's Avatar
Jack Lord Jack Lord is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 156
Yes, I have. As a matter of fact I own it on VHS. Indeed, I just commented on it on the colorized movies thread a few days ago.

So why do you ask?

Next Christmas, watch one of the newer versions on a B&W television to balance out the experience.
__________________
Pioneer: SX-1250, RT-1020L, PL-530, P-D70, CT-F9191, H-R60, SE-205 & HPM 100s.

KLH: Models 16 & 18, Tivoli Model CDP & Model 6 Speakers.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-17-2009, 08:14 PM
davidk5's Avatar
davidk5 davidk5 is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2
Yes , the latest DVD version comes with both the B & W & colorized version , this year i watched the colorized version , it looks really good , but i enjoy the B & W of course .
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-17-2009, 08:24 PM
Arkay's Avatar
Arkay Arkay is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 225
I have it on colorized laserdisc, and on B/W videotape.

When colorized stuff came out, I hated it. Somehow it bothers me less now than it once did; I just try to look at it as a quaint technology, much like those old hand-painted illustrations in some old books (dating from before color photography). But generally I like to view movies in their original format, whatever it was. That includes color vs. B/W, and also language. That is, I'd rather watch a foreign movie with original language and subtitles (where needed), than dubbed. I haven't watched the "Miracle" LD in a long time; didn't watch it this past Christmas since I wasn't home for the holidays. So I can't comment meaningfully on the color in it, before watching it again. It's a great movie, though! Anyway, when colorization is WELL done, it doesn't bother me so much --not as much as it used to, anyway.
__________________
Be yourself. Everyone else is taken.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #6  
Old 01-17-2009, 08:31 PM
Snade's Avatar
Snade Snade is offline
humble AK member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago burbs - DuPage county
Posts: 192
I love this movie in black and white.

But if you like the color version, that's cool.

It is simply a great movie.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:48 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.