Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 08-13-2008, 02:01 PM
BillR mastering BillR mastering is offline
First system, 1972
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4
Trying to solve a problem.

I use cable vision for programming. I notice that several channels are imbalanced on everything, some lean pretty far right, others left. I called one of the actual stations, spoke to the engineer and it would seem that my cable provider has ultimate control over the channel balance, for everyone on their system.

We are talking 4 to 6 dB down on some "channels" for one side.

Since confirming that it is not the actual source broadcast stations fault (both with the phone call and the antenna) I chose to contact my cable provider and to no avail. They simply cannot understand what I am talking about. Out of 68 channels, 19 are running "low" on one channel of audio.

I have written 2 emails, made 4 calls and even wrote 2 snail mails.

Nothing.

How do you suppose it best to get hold of these people to tell them of their problem they have?

It would seem no one in my viewing area has complained or cares. Such is life in the good ole' USA.

We are talking the need to crank the balance to 9 o'clock to center the channels or as far as 3'oclock. We are talking all programming, advertisements, network, etc..for 19 different channels.

One would suppose they have racks and racks of compressors (yes everything is heavy compressed, for the second time around) and no one takes the time to check the output of them to see if they are balanced, Left/Right. Even mono programs are leaning.

Any ideas on how to get through to them, the cable provider?
(One snail mail went to the main office in a major city)

I tried to be humble with them as well.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:10 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.