Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-29-2008, 11:16 AM
markc2's Avatar
markc2 markc2 is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: a Yankee in TX
Posts: 94
Best Hero Speeches from Movies or TV

Got Some ?
__________________


Quad ESL-63 USA Monitors * Nordost SPM * MC275mkV * Magnan Vi xlr * C220 * Magnan Vi * 834P Deluxe * LP12/ Ittok VII & Lyra Skala *
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-29-2008, 11:42 AM
ablethevoice's Avatar
ablethevoice ablethevoice is offline
boatanchors rule!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NW FloridHell panhandle. Ivan and Dennis survivor.
Posts: 130
I pretty much despised the movie, but Bill Pullman's speech as the President in ID4 was pretty cool. I also liked Cpt. Picard's speech in the final ep of TNG ("All Good Things") just before the Enterprise went into the negative time vortex. And speaking of ST, Kirk's speech in "Return To Tomorrow" was a pretty well written and delivered piece.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-29-2008, 11:56 AM
screenersam's Avatar
screenersam screenersam is offline
mostly harmless
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 75
From Buffy the Vampire Slayer 'The Sacrifice' (end of Season 5).
Buffy: "Everybody knows their jobs. Remember, the ritual starts, we all die. And I'll kill anyone who comes near Dawn."
Spike: "Not exactly the St. Crispins Day speech."
Giles: "'We few, we happy few...'"
Spike: "'We band of buggered...'"
if u understand the context, and know that Giles and Spike were Brits, it's hilarious.
__________________
"God is not afraid of the 21st century. He knew it was coming."
T. Shawyer
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-29-2008, 12:34 PM
gladiator335's Avatar
gladiator335 gladiator335 is offline
MRTI
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 9
"I'll be back!"
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-29-2008, 12:44 PM
Stereo_type Stereo_type is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1
Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

(Distorted version from "Blazing Saddles"; original "long" version attributed to "Treasure of the Sierra Madre")
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #6  
Old 05-29-2008, 12:59 PM
dr*audio's Avatar
dr*audio dr*audio is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 93
My favorite hero speech is by Charlie Chaplin in the 1940 film, "The Great Dictator." In that film he is a Jewish barber, mistaken for Hynkel, who is the film's version of Hitler. At the end of the film he has to give a speech. It is beautiful, but very long, so I have published it to a web page and here is a link to it for anyone who cares to read it:
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dgj8shxr_19fvbb9hgf
__________________
Warren

"No choice for sugar, but what choice could there be,
But to drown in coffee, or drown in tea?"
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-29-2008, 01:05 PM
Johncan's Avatar
Johncan Johncan is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 17
When a man with .45 meets a man with a rifle, you said, the man with a pistol's a dead man. Let's see if that's true. Go ahead, load up and shoot.

Joe (Clint Eastwood) from A Fistful of Dollars


Monco: [counting reward sums of outlaws he just killed] Ten thousand... twelve thousand... fifteen... sixteen... seventeen... twenty-two. Twenty-two?
[a cowboy comes from behind, Monco turns and shoots him dead]
Monco: ...Twenty-seven.
Col. Douglas Mortimer: Any trouble, boy?
Monco: No, old man. Thought I was having trouble with my adding. It's all right now.

Monco (Clint Eastwood) from For a Few Dollars More and Col. Douglas Mortimer (Lee Van Cleef).


Man With No Name: [counting Angel Eyes' men] One, two, three, four, five, and six. Six, the perfect number.
Angel Eyes: I thought three was the perfect number.
Man With No Name: I've got six more bullets in my gun.

Man With No Name (Clint Eastwood) from The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly and Angel Eyes (Lee Van Cleef)
__________________
Main rig
McIntosh MC2105 amp; Mcintosh MX-110Z preamp; Bozak Concert Grands; Systemdek IIX with Dynavector 10X4 MKII; Denon DVD-2910 CD/SACD/DVD-A/HDCD player; Roku Soundbridge M2000 into a Musical Fidelity X-DAC V.3
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-29-2008, 02:04 PM
MAXZ28's Avatar
MAXZ28 MAXZ28 is offline
Can't Get Enough Cowbell
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Down The Alley, MN
Posts: 42
One of my favorite Clint Eastwood dialogues.......Unforgiven

MUNNY:
It's a hell of a thing , killing a man. You take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

KID:
Yeah. Well, I guess they had it coming.

MUNNY:
We all have it coming, kid.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-29-2008, 04:08 PM
drknstrmyknight's Avatar
drknstrmyknight drknstrmyknight is offline
Frank
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mount Clemens, MI
Posts: 29
Scent of a woman

Frank Slade:" I'd show you but I'm too old, I'm too tired, and I'm too f~ckin' blind. If I were the man I was five years ago I'd take a flame-thrower to this place!"
__________________
#1 Squeezebox>Scott LK-72>Polk Monitor 7's
#2 Music Hall MMF5>Ortofon Super OM 20>Eico HF-81>Fostex FE206E FLH's
#3 Wintel Comp>SPDIF> Beresford DAC>Stromberg Carlson ASR-8/80> Wharfedale W70's
#4 IPOD>Eico AF-4>LaScalas
pics
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-29-2008, 04:15 PM
rickr15's Avatar
rickr15 rickr15 is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mesa AZ.
Posts: 51
As long as were on a Clint theme.

"I know what you're thinking punk. You're thinking did he fire six shots or only five. And to tell you the truth I forgot myself in all this excitement. But being this is a 44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question. Do I feel lucky? Well do you, punk?"

Or the ever popular

"A mans got to know his limitations"
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #11  
Old 05-29-2008, 04:22 PM
Scorpion8's Avatar
Scorpion8 Scorpion8 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Juneau, AK
Posts: 92
John Wayne, as Adm Rock Torey, on the bridge of the cruiser in "In Harm's Way" right before the battle in Palo Passage (mythical) talking with CDR Egan Powell (Burgess Meredith) about being scared before sea battles.
__________________
Retired USN.
"Good ........ bad ........ I'm the guy with the gun." Ash, Army of Darkness
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-29-2008, 04:30 PM
rickr15's Avatar
rickr15 rickr15 is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mesa AZ.
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion8 View Post
John Wayne, as Adm Rock Torey, on the bridge of the cruiser in "In Harm's Way right before the battle in Palo Passage (mythical) talking with CDR Egan Powell (Burgess Meredith) about being scared before sea battles.
What a great movie that is.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-29-2008, 04:32 PM
RayW's Avatar
RayW RayW is offline
speaker geeker
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Middle of Nowhere, IL
Posts: 27
While I'm not really much of a Keanu fan, I liked the huddle speech at the end of The Replacements even if the last bit is recycled...

"I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever."

Ray
__________________
"Keep your raft from the riverboat. Fiction over fact always has my vote. And wrinkles only go where the smiles have been." -Jimmy Buffett
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-29-2008, 04:41 PM
RayW's Avatar
RayW RayW is offline
speaker geeker
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Middle of Nowhere, IL
Posts: 27
Another sports related one. I've loved the Miracle on Ice story since I saw it live. I was giddy when they made a movie out of it. The pregame speech by Herb Brooks is one of the greats. I think Kurt Russell did a great job with it.

"If we played them 10 times they might win 9. But not this game. Not tonight."

the speech on youtube

Ray
__________________
"Keep your raft from the riverboat. Fiction over fact always has my vote. And wrinkles only go where the smiles have been." -Jimmy Buffett
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-29-2008, 04:47 PM
ke4jhj's Avatar
ke4jhj ke4jhj is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Posts: 24
I also agree with "dr*audio" on Charlie Chaplin's speech at the end of The Great Dictator.

It is hard to believe that was Charlie Chaplin's first "talkie" considering he had been making movies for over 25 years at the time and sound movies had been in existance for 13 years.
__________________
Dave

Never sweat the petty things and
Never pet the sweaty things
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.