![]() |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Blow Up On TCM Last Night.
I finally saw this film after watching parts of it for the last 25 Years. I thought I was almost watching a Kubrick Film. Excellent. Love that 60's weirdness. Hemmings was an interesting Character, that you would not have recognized later in his life. He looked like he was 80 when he was 60.
|
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Definitely one weird flick... in a good way.
TCM is a great channel. TT not so much. I watched Brute Force with the great Burt Lancaster and a very young Hume Cronyn on TCM this morning. Excellent prison flick. Lancaster is intense. Has there been a thread on prison flicks? A favorite genre of mine.
__________________
"So now you know who gets mystified" |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
"Blow Up" is a right of passage.
It's up there with "La Dolce Vita" for metaphorical wackiness. |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Blow Up is one of my all-time favorites. Loved the Yardbirds scene. Have owned a copy of it for years, and it sees regular play.
__________________
What you got back home, little sister, to play your fuzzy warbles on? I bet you got, say, pitiful, portable picnic players. Come with uncle and hear all proper! Hear angels' trumpets and devils' trombones. You are invited! |
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Well I just won the Criterion Laserdisc version of this on EPay. $25 shipped. A little high but oh well.
|
| Audiokarma |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
The Yardbirds scene is hysterical. And who does not like the guy rolling around with the two models on the tarp.
__________________
Pioneer: SX-1250, RT-1020L, PL-530, P-D70, CT-F9191, H-R60, SE-205 & HPM 100s. KLH: Models 16 & 18, Tivoli Model CDP & Model 6 Speakers. |
![]() |
|
|