![]() |
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
A new commercial low
Has anyone seen this commercial? A bunch of middle aged guys, sitting in a barn, grinning and playing instruments, and singing "Viva, Viagra." I've got no problem with advertising ED drugs, but this is really offensive. Maybe it's a tie-in with the 30th anniversary of Elvis's death next month. I never really cared for the original song that much, but I can't believe whoever owns the rights, let them make this abomination.
http://www.viagra.com/content/index....tent/index.jsp P.S. I guess in the competitive ED drug market, Viagra sales have been flaccid, and Pfizer wants to pump up their share. But this ad just rubs me the wrong way.
__________________
Too bad, it only seems, to happen in my dreams, Only in dreams, In beautiful dreams. |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
You can thank Sony and Elvis' estate, at least in part. Doc Pomus and Mort Shuman wrote it. Either way it's a bunch of suits looking at the $$$ and not giving a damn about the legacy.
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
I haven't seen that commercial but most advertising seems to be directed towards consumers with a peanut sized brain. Their poor attempt at humor is downright offensive to anyone with any kind of intelligence. Even the Superbowl commercials which were cleverly crafted in the past are crap these days. It's also shocking at the end of these drug commercials all the side effects they list as a disclaimer.
If you eat right, exercise and stay away from drugs and too much alcohol and stay stress free, things will work just fine. btw...I like ZZ Top's Viva Las Vegas! |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Just shows how degenerate the country has become and I mean economically as well as morally.
We used to have an economy based on shipbuilding, timber, heavy machinery, steel, autos and mining. Now we have an economy based on cell-phones and hard-on pills. |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
|
| Audiokarma |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
FWIW, figure out what you can market to the Baby Boomers and your financial future could be rosy..........
__________________
I think the world is run by "C" students - Al McGuire |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
My wife and I howled over this commercial, the first time we saw it.
Her response: These guys are saying, "My band and I cain't git it up, so we wrote this here song fer ya."
__________________
![]() Let us not look back, in anger, nor forward, in fear, but around, in awareness. |
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
![]() ![]()
__________________
Honorary AK E'Waver
|
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
The funny thing is that about six months ago I read something in the paper about how the ED druggies were going to stop advertising during the hours when young children were watching, now it is cialis and levitra at dinnertime.
"Daddy, what is erectile dysfunction?" Glad we don't have young children but anything for a $$$. Pharmaceuticals justify the high prices for developing wonder drugs, Ha! I wonder what they are going to call the next ED drug.
__________________
![]() Some people are like Slinkies, not really good for anything. They do bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs. |
|
#10
|
||||
|
||||
|
My kids watch TV too much. My 9yo daughter was sitting with me watching when one of the ED commercials came on. She looks at me and says "Daddy, do you have ED?" My wife was rolling on the floor not so much because of the question but from the serious way Jenna had asked the question.
She had no idea what she was asking, she just knew it was only men that get it. Isn't television grand??
__________________
Do I understand??...Ummm....Well....no |
| Audiokarma |
![]() |
|
|