![]() |
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Actor Charles Lane dies at 102!
You probably don't recognize the name ( i didn't) but you'll know the face.
He's been in just about every popular TV show ever made and hundreds of movies! http://www.imdb.com/find?s=all&q=charles+lane |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
You are right. I didn't recognize the name but I sure do recognize the face. I looked at his list of performances, all 338 of them (!) and I remember quite a few. I seem to associate him with Dennis the Menace for some reason.
He was a neat guy. At 102 he seemed to have lived a good full life.
__________________
You Rang? R.I.P. little buddy! |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
He was THE "Crabby Boss" on just about every sitcom ever...
__________________
Benevolent Despot |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Homer Bedloe on Petticoat Junction is the way I best remember him.
__________________
all the best, mrh |
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Played cops in a lot of '40s--'50s movies IIRC.
|
| Audiokarma |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Amazing...102...the things that man has seen and lived through. What a life.
__________________
Yamaha, Manley, ADS, McIntosh, Rega, B&O & Victor Talking Machine "...As worrying is interest paid on trouble, long before it's due..." - Steve Hackett - "Serpentine Song"
|
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Last of the adult stars of Its A Wonderful Life (he was the bank examiner).
I remember reading about him a couple of years ago- they threw a party for his 100th birthday. One of the last of the old school.
__________________
Pioneer: SX-1250, RT-1020L, PL-530, P-D70, CT-F9191, H-R60, SE-205 & HPM 100s. KLH: Models 16 & 18, Tivoli Model CDP & Model 6 Speakers. |
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
Actually he was Mr. Potter's rent collector who said one of these days he would be asking Mr. Bailey for a job.
Just nitpicking.
|
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
Wonder if he was a hateful old man in real life, like the characters he usually portrayed ?
__________________
Benevolent Despot |
|
#10
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
![]() RIP. |
| Audiokarma |
|
#11
|
|||
|
|||
|
Read the Link.
|
|
#12
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0485272/bio
__________________
Preamp jumpers? What preamp jumpers? |
|
#13
|
||||
|
||||
|
I remember seeing that guy on a TV Land awards show a couple of years ago when he was 100, and he said something like "I'm ready to go to work if anyone needs me!"
I totally dug that spirit and attitude. God bless him. |
![]() |
|
|