Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-05-2007, 11:04 AM
Mister Pig's Avatar
Mister Pig Mister Pig is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1
Saw Transformers In the Theater

My 10 year old son wanted to see this movie, so off to the theater we went. We only see a couple of movies a year, so its a treat.

You know what, this is a movie that is a must see in the theater. It would take a real high end HT set up to do it justice at home.

It was awesome. Just plain awesome. Heard a movie reviewer describe it as "shock and Awe" filmmaking. This is commercial Hollywood movie making at its finest. Pure adrenaline inducing action. I can't think of a movie in this genere that I have enjoyed more. Loved it. Will see it again for sure.

Regards
Mister Pig
__________________
Don't Try to Teach A Pig To Dance. You Will Only Get Muddy,And Irritate The Pig.:yippy:
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-05-2007, 03:21 PM
Clmrt's Avatar
Clmrt Clmrt is offline
Just thrilled.
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Richfield, Minn
Posts: 23
Good - I'm going to the 1040AM showing on Friday. Alone. More popcorn for me!
__________________
?????????????
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-05-2007, 08:47 PM
gearhead's Avatar
gearhead gearhead is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: central Illinois
Posts: 53
I want to take my 8 year old boy to see it.
Does it seem to you movies don't stay in the theater as long as they did 30 years ago?
__________________
**your witty remark here for just pennies a day!!!**
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-05-2007, 09:53 PM
geespot's Avatar
geespot geespot is offline
PUT it IN MY POCKET
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 17
I went today. Eye Candy all around. Action from start to finish, never a slow part. Too bad everything has a brand attached to it, you'll see what I mean.

g

Will probably be a HT show-off disc when it comes out.
__________________
"I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell."

A woman is only a woman, but a cigar is a smoke.

If I throw a stick, will you leave?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-05-2007, 11:00 PM
dgwojo's Avatar
dgwojo dgwojo is offline
Away 8/14 -->8/16/2009
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: SouthEast Michigan
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
I want to take my 8 year old boy to see it.
Does it seem to you movies don't stay in the theater as long as they did 30 years ago?
We usually only run a movie for 1 week, if the pickins are slim the following week we hold it over, Shrek 3 did really good both weeks, Pirates 3 was too darned long but it held its own for 2 weeks, it was almost 3 hours long!! High gas prices are helping us as people are staying local to see the films, the $3 admission Tuesday's are very popular, Dave. PS - Some day I'll hook up my Altec A7's for a real sound treat!! S.L.T.
__________________
11-Altec A7(515/802/511B/N501),Model 19(416/802/811B/N1201),Model 18(604-8H),604-8G,8K,604C,604E,Model 9,EV Interface D,LT12,Koss CM1030.
Soundcraftsmen MA5002,MA5002A,Pro-Power3.
Toshiba SD5700(8),SD4700(4),SD3750(9).
RCA 10 band EQ w/expander(3).
HK Citation 25(2),Mac C27,1700.
Marantz 2270(3),4300,2285B,2325,2226,2230,2240,2245,2250.
Lafayette LR1500TA(2),Allied 395(3),Pioneer SX1010,850.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #6  
Old 07-08-2007, 07:43 AM
soundmotor's Avatar
soundmotor soundmotor is offline
super modified
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Just off the shoulder of Orion
Posts: 614
I saw it on the 4th at dinnertime. My son has been agitating for weeks and after I watched the online theater trailer so was I. We got great seats & the theater had an excellent sound system. The only disappointment was the digital projector would periodically put a thin green line down the center of the screen.



I mostly didn't notice it however. Although there is a slight drag in the middle, the movie is pretty damn cool. I like Shia Labeouf and thought he did a great job but, this movie isn't about people. Oh no, not one little bit. It had some of the best CGI I have ever witnessed. It is quite possibly a perfect summer movie. I will tell you though mindset is everything. One of my coworkers absolutely hated it. His reasons though were comical & he was roundly thrashed by myself & another at work who saw it. As it would be a spoiler to explain, I'll just leave it at that.
__________________
I took a hammer to a Regency TR-4, I was 6 at the time.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-08-2007, 10:42 AM
Clmrt's Avatar
Clmrt Clmrt is offline
Just thrilled.
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Richfield, Minn
Posts: 23
Great movie. I'll rent it when it comes out on DVD and see what it can REALLY sound and look like though, as the theater had no bass and was out of focus a bit.

BB looked better as an old POS.
__________________
?????????????
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-09-2007, 01:03 PM
rickr15's Avatar
rickr15 rickr15 is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mesa AZ.
Posts: 51
Saw it yesterday. Well worth the price of admission. Some of the best special effects ever IMO.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-09-2007, 11:05 PM
crackerkorean's Avatar
crackerkorean crackerkorean is offline
Striving for Polymathdom!
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Winder Georgia
Posts: 19
My wife and saw it on the 4th, the first showing at IMAX. Although the screen quality isnt quite as good it was great. I cant wait to get it on DVD. Its def one im getting the day it comes out.
__________________
Most people give me a superiority complex,they aren't stupid,I'm just awesome.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-10-2007, 04:17 AM
grumpy's Avatar
grumpy grumpy is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Michigan
Posts: 380
Took the family to see it at one of the best theaters in town and it was a really action packed movie. Really a fast paced flick. May be a little hard for the littler ones to follow.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:59 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.