Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-17-2007, 11:44 AM
subdermis2000's Avatar
subdermis2000 subdermis2000 is offline
Soviet Canuckistanian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 6
Canada Goes Digital Only

It's official, the CRTC has decreed that by August 13, 2011 all TV licencees will have to broadcast in digital only. Anyone care to share how this affects older TVs?

linky here: http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/NEWS/RELEA...07/r070517.htm
__________________
Brent
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-17-2007, 12:02 PM
Jack G Jack G is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 44
It will probably be like what will happen here in the US in a few years. Satalite/cable companies will probably offer converter boxes, and for OTA, there will be (hopefully) cheap tuners/converters for older TVs.
Jack
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-17-2007, 12:57 PM
Celt's Avatar
Celt Celt is offline
Peanut Head
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Paragould, Arkansas
Posts: 1,746
By that point I'll probably be so disgusted with television that I'll no longer care.
__________________

Let me live in the house beside the road and be a friend to man.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-17-2007, 05:28 PM
OvenMaster's Avatar
OvenMaster OvenMaster is offline
DTV blows
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Red Sox Nation
Posts: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celt
By that point I'll probably be so disgusted with television that I'll no longer care.
I'm already there. I'm seriously considering not bothering with a converter or buying a new TV or hard disc recorder when analog dies. I'm lucky to be able to spend a half hour a day in front of the TV now. A new one isn't worth it to me.
__________________
Tom
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:14 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.