Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-29-2007, 07:49 PM
SoCal Sam's Avatar
SoCal Sam SoCal Sam is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 40
Hear Soundtrack Before Seeing Movie?

Ever hear the soundtrack before seeing the movie? I just got the soundtrack to Kingdom of Heaven (2005) and it is an excellent mix of dark gothic and ancient european instrumental and vocals. Haven't seen the flick yet but the soundtrack intrigues me enough to want to.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-29-2007, 08:04 PM
wajobu's Avatar
wajobu wajobu is offline
Near and Far Horizons
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New England
Posts: 206
Vangelis - 1492
Tangerine Dream - Sorcerer
__________________
Yamaha, Manley, ADS, McIntosh, Rega, B&O & Victor Talking Machine

"...As worrying is interest paid on trouble, long before it's due..." - Steve Hackett - "Serpentine Song"


Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-30-2007, 03:11 PM
SoCal Sam's Avatar
SoCal Sam SoCal Sam is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by wajobu
Vangelis - 1492
Tangerine Dream - Sorcerer
Thanks! I'll look for them and maybe think about the movie later.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-30-2007, 03:19 PM
slow_jazz's Avatar
slow_jazz slow_jazz is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SE Michigan, Downriver....
Posts: 148
There have been several movies like that. Sometimes the soundtrack is much better than the movie. "Out of Africa" had a great soundtrack but the movie was so boring.... Great score by John Barry.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-01-2007, 06:36 PM
Dusty Chalk
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
L yeah, all the time -- I have many Tangerine Dream, Vangelis, and Rick Wakeman soundtracks that I've never seen the movie to, in addition to a couple that I received long before I saw the movie.

Of course, it sucks when you read the tracklisting, which sometimes include spoilers. So don't read the tracklisting!

E.G. (these are not real titles) "Bad Guy Gets Arrested", "Bad Guy Escapes from Jail" and "Bad Guy's Death", that kind of thing.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #6  
Old 05-20-2007, 08:54 AM
JBL 4645's Avatar
JBL 4645 JBL 4645 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bournemouth, Dorset, United Kingdom
Posts: 13
Only one film comes to mind (James Horner’s) “Apollo 13” (1995). Upon waiting for the release of the film I was trying to put in my mind how the score was fitting together with the visuals although I only had a name of the track that was about to play I was trying to see what Horner’s vision was for the music. Alone the score sounded fantastic but when I saw the film about two weeks later I was stunned particularly during the launch sequence out of this world.

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-20-2007, 09:08 AM
Johncan's Avatar
Johncan Johncan is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 17
Almost every Ennio Morricone soundtrack... including his spaghetti westerns. I heard the music many years before seeing the movies.
__________________
Main rig
McIntosh MC2105 amp; Mcintosh MX-110Z preamp; Bozak Concert Grands; Systemdek IIX with Dynavector 10X4 MKII; Denon DVD-2910 CD/SACD/DVD-A/HDCD player; Roku Soundbridge M2000 into a Musical Fidelity X-DAC V.3
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:50 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.