Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-31-2007, 09:30 PM
Clarence's Avatar
Clarence Clarence is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here
Posts: 16
Why hasn't Hollywood remade it?

I'll start.

Alfred Hitchcock - The Birds.

What a great movie! With todays technology, could be a real screamer....
__________________
apple nad pro-ject blue-jeans klipsch hsu
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-31-2007, 10:07 PM
Danger Boy's Avatar
Danger Boy Danger Boy is offline
web troll :-)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Spokane, Washington
Posts: 23
Howard the Duck? Why I ask, WHY??
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-31-2007, 10:10 PM
Danger Boy's Avatar
Danger Boy Danger Boy is offline
web troll :-)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Spokane, Washington
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarence
I'll start.

Alfred Hitchcock - The Birds.

What a great movie! With todays technology, could be a real screamer....

You can't remake a classic like that and have it be any good. I agree.. with today's advancement's it would look great. but, i doubt it would have that fear factor if you will, of the original.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-31-2007, 10:13 PM
tentoze's Avatar
tentoze tentoze is offline
Twangophile
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 125
Anyone with enough hubris to muck around with a Hitchcock original should be summarily executed in the most horrible manner imaginable.
__________________
"If evil exists, it's a pair of train tracks,
And the Devil is a railroad car."

-Josh Ritter-
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-31-2007, 10:17 PM
Clarence's Avatar
Clarence Clarence is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by tentoze
Anyone with enough hubris to muck around with a Hitchcock original should be summarily executed in the most horrible manner imaginable.
I agree, to a point. Am I wrong to think it would be a blockbuster success though??
__________________
apple nad pro-ject blue-jeans klipsch hsu
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #6  
Old 03-31-2007, 10:18 PM
tentoze's Avatar
tentoze tentoze is offline
Twangophile
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 125
No idea- I'm pretty detached from popular culture. And for good reason.
__________________
"If evil exists, it's a pair of train tracks,
And the Devil is a railroad car."

-Josh Ritter-
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-31-2007, 11:04 PM
soundmotor's Avatar
soundmotor soundmotor is offline
super modified
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Just off the shoulder of Orion
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by tentoze
Anyone with enough hubris to muck around with a Hitchcock original should be summarily executed in the most horrible manner imaginable.
I believe Hitchcock phoned in his direction on "The Birds". A remake might improve it.
__________________
I took a hammer to a Regency TR-4, I was 6 at the time.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-31-2007, 11:11 PM
speakerlust's Avatar
speakerlust speakerlust is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 32
Hollywood screws up every movie that they re-make.
Everything they try to re-make turns out to be trash.
They can't even make a good movie now on a first run.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-31-2007, 11:17 PM
NeedForSpeed's Avatar
NeedForSpeed NeedForSpeed is offline
RiffMaster
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 37
Magnum P.I..
__________________
Pioneer/Carver/Technics/Marantz
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-31-2007, 11:18 PM
Clarence's Avatar
Clarence Clarence is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedForSpeed
Magnum P.I..
Was that a movie? I thought it was a TV show.
__________________
apple nad pro-ject blue-jeans klipsch hsu
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #11  
Old 03-31-2007, 11:22 PM
speakerlust's Avatar
speakerlust speakerlust is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 32
Clarence, your Avatar,.......Make and model........Drooling............
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-31-2007, 11:23 PM
2DualsNotEnough's Avatar
2DualsNotEnough 2DualsNotEnough is offline
The Goodbye Look
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Phoenix,AZ
Posts: 308
They remade Psycho word for word a few years back,and it just didnt feel right.
You are better off remaking a bad movie,or one that no one has seen.Thats what they did with Seven Samurai.Made the Magnificent Seven.
Did the same thing with Infernal Affairs.Now its the Departed.
Jimmy
__________________
Current System:Cambridge Audio 640 Azur v2/NAD pp-2/,Oppo DV-970HD dvd/cd/,Luxman T-12 Tuner,Technics SL-1200 Mk5/Grado Red,ADS L810.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-31-2007, 11:37 PM
Clarence's Avatar
Clarence Clarence is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakerlust
Clarence, your Avatar,.......Make and model........Drooling............
Mcintosh PS 112 Subwoofer. Match LS 360 mains. Drool away.




Attached Images
File Type: jpg PS112_large.jpg (54.5 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg LS360_large.jpg (47.6 KB, 127 views)
__________________
apple nad pro-ject blue-jeans klipsch hsu
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-01-2007, 11:17 PM
Dusty Chalk
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I can think of nothing that I would want to see Hollywood remake.

WRT The Birds, I can explain it -- imagine someone trying to "pitch" this -- without the Hitchcock slant -- the executives would go, "so let me get this straight, you never figure out why the birds do what they do?" "Yes, that's right. It would just end with the main characters walking very tensely through a crowd of birds that inexplicably don't attack them..." (pause) "Alrighty, then, don't call us, we'll call you. Okaythanksbuhbye."
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-02-2007, 02:57 AM
JimJ[VT]'s Avatar
JimJ[VT] JimJ[VT] is offline
Glowbug Junkie
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: McLean, VA/Hillsborough, NC
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakerlust
Hollywood screws up every movie that they re-make.
Everything they try to re-make turns out to be trash.
They can't even make a good movie now on a first run.
Ocean's Eleven was the one exception to this, recently

Clooney's no Sinatra, but I thought he (and the rest of the cast) did a fine job...only person I couldn't stand was Julia Roberts, but then again, I can't think of a movie I actually like her in.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:17 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.