Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-21-2007, 09:28 AM
Kptn Howdie's Avatar
Kptn Howdie Kptn Howdie is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: toronto canada.
Posts: 56
shows that gotta go!!!!!!!

rachael ray
deal or no deal

the first one couldn`t cook her way out of a wet paper bag, what rock did she crawl out from under......

and that no talent a$$ clown, former germaphobe howdie mandel. everytime i turn on the tube that bald headed boob is on for 2 hrs at a time. wtf is happening to T.V. flushed down the toilet........

oh yeah and survivor blows dog too!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-21-2007, 09:40 AM
Sandy G's Avatar
Sandy G Sandy G is offline
Spiteful Old Cuss
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Rogersville, Tennessee
Posts: 9,571
The 175 different iterations of "Lawn Order" & "CSI" are pretty tiring, too...Mad Magazine did a parody of "Gray's Anatomy" called "Groin's Monotony" that was spot-on, & really better than the show, as "Mad" parodies tend to be anyway..."Judge Judy" is OK, I guess, but most all of the imitators are pretty awful. The trainwreck, "Jerry Springer"-"I CAN'T believe I'm watchin' this sh!t, but when does it come on again ?" I guess everybody loves watching Po' White Trash making raw fools outta themselves..
__________________
Benevolent Despot
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-21-2007, 09:49 AM
Celt's Avatar
Celt Celt is offline
Peanut Head
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Paragould, Arkansas
Posts: 1,746
Yep, decent tee-vee is hard to come by these days. I like Slaw & Odor, but like Sandy, have tired of the zillion variations of it. I thought it would have been more interesting to have kept to the original Law & Order title and airing schedule and just rotate the various L&O shows in sequence. I love Judge Judy. She has no problem telling idiots that they are just that.
__________________

Let me live in the house beside the road and be a friend to man.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-21-2007, 10:00 AM
outlawmws's Avatar
outlawmws outlawmws is offline
On the Run
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Badlands
Posts: 57
All of the reality shows, all of the sit coms, all of the game shows, all of the LONG commercials, (We pay for the privilege now, why do they still need commercials? Oh yeah, Corporate greed) all of the all of the pseudo dramas, most of the "sports".. (Did I miss anything?)

You know, I can live quite nicely without TV at all. A few movies now and then and I'm getting interested in some of the documentaries again, but for the most part, I'd rather listen to music.
__________________
- Outlaw

Main: 9090DB, Snell Type EIII's, Marantz 6100, TEAC PD-D2500

LR: Motorola tubes, EL84 outputs, , Dual 1019 TT, Sony CDP-CE105, Wharfedale Sapphire SP-89's and a 15" GV center in an infinite baffle

Home Office: Sansui 6060, Sony CDP-C305, Original Advents
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-21-2007, 10:02 AM
Sandy G's Avatar
Sandy G Sandy G is offline
Spiteful Old Cuss
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Rogersville, Tennessee
Posts: 9,571
The cooking shows- Paula Deen...Everybody's favorite zaftig mad aunt...Nigella Bites- Damn woman reminds me of a black widow spider...I remember Graham Kerr, the Galloping Gourmet...He was funny & dirty as hell..Julia Child..The best send-up of her was that "Sat Nite Live" riff where she-Dan Aykroyd, IIRC-cut "her" artery in her wrist, & bled to death on camera..
__________________
Benevolent Despot
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #6  
Old 03-21-2007, 10:04 AM
slow_jazz's Avatar
slow_jazz slow_jazz is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SE Michigan, Downriver....
Posts: 148
any reality show has to go........
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-21-2007, 10:09 AM
Kptn Howdie's Avatar
Kptn Howdie Kptn Howdie is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: toronto canada.
Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawmws
All of the reality shows, all of the sit coms, all of the game shows, all of the LONG commercials, (We pay for the privilege now, why do they still need commercials? Oh yeah, Corporate greed) all of the all of the pseudo dramas, most of the "sports".. (Did I miss anything?)

You know, I can live quite nicely without TV at all. A few movies now and then and I'm getting interested in some of the documentaries again, but for the most part, I'd rather listen to music.
its funny, tv used to be free, you through up your antenna and watch away (through the fuzz sometimes). now we pay large dollers for sat dishes and digital cable boxes and we have 100+ channels of crap to sift through plus the commercials.

i`m with you outlaw, i`d rather listen to music
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-21-2007, 10:13 AM
Sandy G's Avatar
Sandy G Sandy G is offline
Spiteful Old Cuss
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Rogersville, Tennessee
Posts: 9,571
What's that horrid shite that usually comes on between 7 & 8 before the networks come on & make all the local stations behave ? Oh, yeah- Gunky Renker, or Gooey Wanker, or somesuch..I THINK it has something to do w/make-up, WHY does it need to be on 5-7 days a week ?!? And those gawdawful "shows" that are nothing but half-or-full hour commercials shilling Time-Life's latest retread collection of Hits from the Fifties ? Or Sixties? Or Seventies? The only good thing about 'em is laughing at Annette Funicello & Troy Donohue, or some other broken down warhorse, & wondering how much plastic surgery they've had, or hoping their pacemakers might konk out while they're shakin' their moneymakers to "Poetry in Motion".. I'm a mean ol' bastard, ain't I ? <grin>
__________________
Benevolent Despot
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-21-2007, 11:02 AM
OvenMaster's Avatar
OvenMaster OvenMaster is offline
DTV blows
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Red Sox Nation
Posts: 565
I'm just glad "Friends" died. Finally.
What I can't stand are the tabloid shows like ET, Inside Edition, Access Hollywood, or the flamin' PBS beg-a-thons that come on like clockwork every two months. Who the hell really wants to see Roy Orbison again and again and again? It's gotten to the point where the only shows I give a crap about are "Family Guy" and Letterman.
Tom
__________________
Tom
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-21-2007, 11:08 AM
70salesguy's Avatar
70salesguy 70salesguy is offline
Only 99 easy payments!
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Close to Charlotte NC, but not TOO close!
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by OvenMaster
I'm just glad "Friends" died. Finally.
What I can't stand are the tabloid shows like ET, Inside Edition, Access Hollywood, or the flamin' PBS beg-a-thons that come on like clockwork every two months. Who the hell really wants to see Roy Orbison again and again and again? It's gotten to the point where the only shows I give a crap about are "Family Guy" and Letterman.
Tom
Every time they had a good program like Charlotte Church or Celtic Woman or Sarah Brightman, it's a darn BEG-A-THON!!! I used to give for the cause, but it got where I could not see a decent show without all the begging and whining.

Between the gov't $ and corporate sponsors, if they can't make it - then go away. The whole PBS thing got started when they were 3 channels on other than them. Now you can watch the 24 hour porcupine mating channel or whatever. The politics of PBS type channels are far too left-leaning for me.

Just like AMTRAK, if you can't make - see ya.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #11  
Old 03-21-2007, 11:14 AM
hellhound94 hellhound94 is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Westlake Ohio
Posts: 10
Thank God for cold beer, a comfortable recliner, and an outstanding vintage stereo system!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-21-2007, 12:10 PM
Holst's Avatar
Holst Holst is offline
<Mahler and Me
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: S Crow Wing Co. Minnesota
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow_jazz
any reality show has to go........
Yes....

Quote:
What I can't stand are the tabloid shows like ET, Inside Edition, Access Hollywood,
Yes

Quote:
i`d rather listen to music
Yes....
__________________
Main: McIntosh MC2125, McIntosh C27, Ohm Acoustics Walsh 300's, AMC CD8b, Luxman K-373, Marantz 2110, Phillips N4504 w/dbx 222/200/NX40, SOTA Moonbeam w/Shure V15II/JICO-SAS
Upstairs Mancave: Yaoin VK2100, Ohm Walsh F's, Luxman D-373, Sony ST-3950SD
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-21-2007, 12:27 PM
Clarence's Avatar
Clarence Clarence is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here
Posts: 16
are you smarter than a fifth grader is one of the worst shows I have ever seen.

Seinfeld reruns for me, thank you very much.
__________________
apple nad pro-ject blue-jeans klipsch hsu
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-21-2007, 12:54 PM
Sandy G's Avatar
Sandy G Sandy G is offline
Spiteful Old Cuss
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Rogersville, Tennessee
Posts: 9,571
Do they pick women to go w/Regis Philbin as in "Live wRegis And....." on the basis of their stupidity and/or insipid-ness? Cathy Lee Epstein was bad enuff, then they got that dizzy bint Kelli Zippa, (Pippa,Tippa, Rippa, who cares?) who looked like she thought every utterance from that old fraud's mouth was really from the Oracle At Delphi, or somesuch. Ok, she was cute as a Bug's Ear, but I honestly think you coulda stuck a Marlboro Lites 100s in her ear, & drew it thru the other side. Worse of all, she'd prolly never have noticed...
__________________
Benevolent Despot
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-21-2007, 12:56 PM
doctorbongo's Avatar
doctorbongo doctorbongo is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 30
I don't think anything necessarily needs to go because I get to turn the channel any time I want. However, in a culture in which a woman whose only truly notable skill is having huge knockers becomes a megacelebrity, and whose death is covered to far greater detail than the death of president (got WAY more ink than Jerry Ford's departure from the planet, and he presided over one of the more remarkable periods in history), and in which complete imbeciles like Paris Hilton (saw about 30 seconds of her "program" a couple of minutes ago while surfing, but it was a good 30 seconds because she was writhing on the ground after apparently falling from a horse) and Nicole Richie are famous, i'm game for LOTS of channel changing.

And obviously lots of people are NOT smarter than fifth graders, because they continue to watch the dreck the programming people throw (up) at us.
__________________
Never said I was a stool pigeon. Never said I was a diplomat.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:42 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.