![]() |
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
what movies are you watching on your home setup?
I just watched (last night) the movie CLUE that's based off the kid's board game, on my "vintage theatre" I have at home. It's really a good movie, IMO. verry funny.
when your playing the board game CLUE, never be MR. Green. Watch the movie and you'll see what I mean. ![]() ![]() ![]() What movies are you watching? PS--think we could make this a sticky?
__________________
Setton RS-440 Setton BS-5500 Cambridge Audio Azur 540D JBL L-80T |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Last 10 Days -
A Scanner Darkly Mars Attacks Night of the Comet Hardware The Abominable Dr. Phibes
__________________
I took a hammer to a Regency TR-4, I was 6 at the time. |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Recently:
"Appoinment With Danger", 1951, Alan Ladd and Jack Webb (as a bad guy). "The Killer Is Loose" 1956. Joseph Cotton and the Skipper a.k.a. Alan Hale Jr. "Don't Knock The Rock" 1956, Rock & Roll movie w/ Alan Freed, Bill Haley, and a rather restrained performance by Little Richard. "Carousel" 1956, (frankly I didn't care for this one "The Towering Inferno" 1974 (Nothing like a little vintage cheese )"Pandoras Box" 1929 Silent starring Louise Brooks. "Green For Danger" 1946 British Murder Mystery set in a Hospital. "Disaster" 2005 Animated disaster film spoof, (primarily of Armageddon) "Laser Blast" MST3K version. Usually start the evening with an Episode of vintage TV like I Love Lucy or Superman. Last edited by Eric H; 02-17-2007 at 01:56 PM. |
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Sanjuro (kurosawa flick, not much good for sound but overall a great movie)
District B-13 (French flick, awesome action )Boondock Saints (amazing for sight and sound, great action movie!) Matrix 2 (Wish I had my subwoofer back before I watched this) Anybody know some good movies for surround sound?
__________________
iPod+headphones->$->hpm-100s+bgw 6000 amp+dynaco preamp+Sony 500 disc CD player... They may not fit in my pocket, but damn do they sound good! |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Recently...
Pirates of the Caribean "Dead mans chest", I wasn't thrilled. Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid. six bucks at deep discout. Dark Star Red Dwarf season VIII.
__________________
Main: McIntosh MC2125, McIntosh C27, Ohm Acoustics Walsh 300's, AMC CD8b, Luxman K-373, Marantz 2110, Phillips N4504 w/dbx 222/200/NX40, SOTA Moonbeam w/Shure V15II/JICO-SAS Upstairs Mancave: Yaoin VK2100, Ohm Walsh F's, Luxman D-373, Sony ST-3950SD |
| Audiokarma |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
I don't watch a whole lot of tv. The last movie I saw on the HT setup couple of weeks ago I don't even remember.
The last one that I do remember was Boat House with John Cusack and Sandra Bullock. Falls into the "chick flick" category. I'm out numbered by women in the house, but I actually liked it. I prefer explosions but there hasn't been anything good lately. |
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
As of late...
Battlestar Galactica the Epic series Kung Fu into the third season already Dukes of Hazzard season one Best Of Bizarre Vol. 1&2(John Byner's Showtime comedy show from 1981-lots of topless women) SCTV Vol.1 now going onto Vol.2 Kentucky Fried Movie Hardbodies 1&2 (Laserdisc) Merlin Naked Space with Leslie Neilsen (ultimate cheese) DVD Sinbad with Lou Ferrigno (every voice overdubbed, cheese deluxe)Laserdisc Robot Wars (Sci Fi robot movie not bad, kinda the sequel of Robot Jox different story line tho) Laserdisc Delirious Eddie Murphy just released on DVD |
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
French Connection
Midnight Run Nobody's Fool Blame it on Rio Sideways Body Heat Red Rock West
__________________
Acurus A250, RL-11, JVC XL-1050, Ohm Walsh 2 |
|
#9
|
|||
|
|||
|
"The World's Fastest Indian" -- anybody into vintage anything and the pride involved in it's upkeep and performance will dig this one.
"The Devil and Daniel Johnston" -- stellar documentary on the one and only Mr. Johnston "Down By Law" -- with Tom Waits and by Mr. Jarmusch. "Dazed and Confused" -- viewed this one too many times, but sick cars, music and Wooderson's lines-- it's definitely a keeper. "Sketches of Frank Gehry" -- interesting look into the mind of the eccentric architect. Cheers.. |
|
#10
|
||||
|
||||
|
Parents-my girlfriend thought it was "icky"
Anybody seen it? Back to the Future I-my 2 younger kids (girl 11-boy 8) loved it, and so did I-again.
__________________
**your witty remark here for just pennies a day!!!** |
| Audiokarma |
|
#11
|
|||
|
|||
|
Crank -- DOA done as a comedy in the style of a music video -- wonderful
Saw III -- sucked |
|
#12
|
|||
|
|||
|
Today I watched "The Departed". Nicholson still has it. Man, he plays an excellent bad guy. Good flick.
__________________
"Man is that amp a beast or what? It's like owning a nuclear weapon!" |
|
#13
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
The Descent Original Unrated Cut 2006 After a tragic opening, thrill seeking girlfriends go on a caving trip and get trapped with some scarry creatures. Watch it in the dark with the volume up. Makes ya jump. The classic Serpico lined up for this evening.
|
|
#14
|
||||
|
||||
|
Pandora's Box eh? Very good.
My recent picture watching The Departed----a stinker IMO Flags of our Fathers----pretty good picture Star Wars----was on HBO-HD Serenity----pretty good picture, HBO-HD Sergeant York----what can you say The Fountainhead----this picture is delirious, hallaucingenic, Coop with his rock drill and Neal with her riding crop. Amazing cast and King Vidor too. Springfield Rifle----Very interesting early 1950s Gary Cooper picture with The War of the Rebellion seen as the Cold War and the Confederates as Communists. |
|
#15
|
||||
|
||||
|
Just watched last night...
Zoom - pretty funny show with Tim Allen - great if you have kids Open Season - pretty funny show - great if you have kids See a theme starting here? ![]() Scott
__________________
Music, when combined with a pleasurable idea, is poetry.
Music without the idea is simply music. Without music or an intriguing idea, color becomes pallor, man becomes carcass, home becomes catacomb. |
| Audiokarma |
![]() |
|
|