Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #91  
Old 09-03-2007, 03:19 PM
willhowl's Avatar
willhowl willhowl is offline
VK Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 9
Connolly Alert

Hey, Outshined- Jennifer C IS a babe. Have you seen her in Dark City? It's a pretty good, DARK sci-fi flick. Not a contender for worst, not great, but pretty darn good flick. Check it out!.......willhowl
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 09-03-2007, 03:47 PM
2DualsNotEnough's Avatar
2DualsNotEnough 2DualsNotEnough is offline
The Goodbye Look
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Phoenix,AZ
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla View Post
Obviously by name you can tell I may be a Godzilla fan...Yes I am...Love the rubber suit...screw CGI!! I grew up with it on WOR Channel 9 as a kid in the 70's. Anyways, the worst movie of the 28 is Toho's 1973 squalid production of Godzilla vs. Megalon. God aweful...even by poorly dubbed Japanese movie standards. The amazing thing is, the music is worst of all...real crappy jazz!

I love that pic!Its gonna be my wallpaper now.
I love those cheesy flicks,too,so Im really looking forward to this.
http://imdb.com/title/tt0372873/trai...ay-E34050-10-2

Its gonna be a real contender for worst,I can tell
Jimmy
__________________
Current System:Cambridge Audio 640 Azur v2/NAD pp-2/,Oppo DV-970HD dvd/cd/,Luxman T-12 Tuner,Technics SL-1200 Mk5/Grado Red,ADS L810.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 09-03-2007, 04:35 PM
Sandy G's Avatar
Sandy G Sandy G is offline
Spiteful Old Cuss
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Rogersville, Tennessee
Posts: 9,571
Oh, man...Those ol' Godziller movies were the BEST !!! I loved it when there'd be some character make a l-o-n-g speech, only to have about 3 words in English come out...Or, they'd use Japanese, & try to make 'em LOOK Western, w/eyeshadow...Or when Godzilla would squash a Toyopet Crown...Their cheeziness was a large part of their appeal...
__________________
Benevolent Despot
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 09-03-2007, 06:45 PM
outshined's Avatar
outshined outshined is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by willhowl View Post
Hey, Outshined- Jennifer C IS a babe. Have you seen her in Dark City? It's a pretty good, DARK sci-fi flick. Not a contender for worst, not great, but pretty darn good flick. Check it out!.......willhowl
Yeah, I have the DVD.
Dark City is pretty good, and I watch it once in a while. Kiefer Sutherland is a good actor and plays a good role in the flick.

Have you seen Jennifer in Requiem for a Dream? An earlier Connelly film.
If you haven't, you should.

I won't go into details if you haven't seen it, but I think you'll dig it
__________________


"So now you know who gets mystified"
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 09-03-2007, 07:40 PM
kichijai's Avatar
kichijai kichijai is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Conn.
Posts: 51
You know I watched Billie Jean the other day and it was not as bad as I remembered. Or was it? I think this shows just how bad movies have gotten in the last 22 years. Billie Jean probably was one of the worst up till '85.

Certainly I could not sit thru Hose of Sand and Fog again. I had rented that only for Connelly. Boy she's really been in some clunkers!
__________________
Acurus A250, RL-11, JVC XL-1050, Ohm Walsh 2
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #96  
Old 09-03-2007, 07:48 PM
outshined's Avatar
outshined outshined is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by kichijai View Post
You know I watched Billie Jean the other day and it was not as bad as I remembered. Or was it? I think this shows just how bad movies have gotten in the last 22 years. Billie Jean probably was one of the worst up till '85.

Certainly I could not sit thru Hose of Sand and Fog again. I had rented that only for Connelly. Boy she's really been in some clunkers!
I rather liked "House of Sand and Fog" But, it's all subjective.

The biggest clunker was Higher learning, without a doubt, to me, at least.

I'm sure you've seen "A Beautiful Mind" Now that's a great film. A true story. Won 4 Academy Awards, including Best Picture. I don't give a damn about the "Academy" but it really was a good movie. Check it out if you haven't

Another good one with Connelly is Waking the Dead, with Billy Crudup.
__________________


"So now you know who gets mystified"
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 09-03-2007, 08:02 PM
kichijai's Avatar
kichijai kichijai is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Conn.
Posts: 51
Isn't it amazing what we guys will sit thru just to see hot chicks? I was biting my tongue all the way thru "A Guy Thing" just to see Selma Blair. It was the most desperate piece of crap comedy ever commited to celluloid. I didn't think it was possible to top The Sweetest Thing..
__________________
Acurus A250, RL-11, JVC XL-1050, Ohm Walsh 2
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 09-03-2007, 08:05 PM
Mr. Lin's Avatar
Mr. Lin Mr. Lin is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 14
The recent horror flick "Dead Silence" was pretty terrible. Bloated with cliches and not even slightly scary. I want the hour and a half of my life back!
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 09-03-2007, 08:19 PM
outshined's Avatar
outshined outshined is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lin View Post
The recent horror flick "Dead Silence" was pretty terrible. Bloated with cliches and not even slightly scary. I want the hour and a half of my life back!
Yeah, this is part of the problem with junky flicks. Gimme storylines and endings like the ones in "The Sixth Sense", for example.

Problem is, one can basically only be surprised once.
__________________


"So now you know who gets mystified"
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 09-04-2007, 07:09 PM
godzilla's Avatar
godzilla godzilla is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ypsilanti, Michigan
Posts: 46
I won't do the "sit through a shit flick just to see a hot chick!" An old girlfriend of mine would watch 'Charmed' and I would tell her..."I'll watch it if you turn down the sound"...Mmmmmm Alissa Milano!
__________________
Sansui Receiver Seven, Sony XA3ES, Klipsch KLF20's. .



Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #101  
Old 11-26-2007, 05:39 AM
panhead's Avatar
panhead panhead is offline
Mac owner for life.
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 13
I nominate Beowolf as the biggest flop of whale dung ever made,i tried several times to watch that terrible movie with no success,i even tried to fall asleep with the movie on but the script was so s#itty every few minutes i'd get pissed off,till i finally turned it off for good.

Crappy script,crappy plot,3rd rate acting & the worst application of 3d i can imagine.
__________________
Main rig , 5 channel stereo.

Mcintosh Mc1201.
Mcintosh Mc7270.
Mcintosh Mc7100.
Mcintosh C-2200.
Mcintosh MVP 841.
Mcintosh XRT 22.
Mcintosh XL1.
Mcintosh XL1-W.
JM Labs Centris.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 11-26-2007, 04:35 PM
theophile's Avatar
theophile theophile is offline
Pheasant Plucker
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia.
Posts: 19
This one's a new release.
I saw a DVD last week(I fast-forwarded it after the first 30 minutes)called "Botched"

It's a complete piece of crap.

A total waste of time and energy.
You have been warned.
__________________
Yamaha GT-2000/Yamaha YSA-1
The Voice Ebony
Simaudio Moon LP 5.3
Hornshoppe 'The Truth'
KRK Expose E8B Studio Monitors
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 11-26-2007, 07:15 PM
2DualsNotEnough's Avatar
2DualsNotEnough 2DualsNotEnough is offline
The Goodbye Look
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Phoenix,AZ
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by panhead View Post
I nominate Beowolf as the biggest flop of whale dung ever made,i tried several times to watch that terrible movie with no success,i even tried to fall asleep with the movie on but the script was so s#itty every few minutes i'd get pissed off,till i finally turned it off for good.

Crappy script,crappy plot,3rd rate acting & the worst application of 3d i can imagine.
Im glad Im not alone on this one.What a joke.The animation looks silly,the script is laughable when its supposed to be serious.I give action films a lot of leeway,but even so,this just didnt do it for me.
Jimmy
__________________
Current System:Cambridge Audio 640 Azur v2/NAD pp-2/,Oppo DV-970HD dvd/cd/,Luxman T-12 Tuner,Technics SL-1200 Mk5/Grado Red,ADS L810.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 11-26-2007, 07:32 PM
Charivari
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by panhead View Post
I nominate Beowolf as the biggest flop of whale dung ever made,i tried several times to watch that terrible movie with no success,i even tried to fall asleep with the movie on but the script was so s#itty every few minutes i'd get pissed off,till i finally turned it off for good.

Crappy script,crappy plot,3rd rate acting & the worst application of 3d i can imagine.
Out of curiosity, how does the "crappy script" compare to the original millennium old poem that sourced the story? Did they keep to it or branch out horribly, such as with Christopher Lambert's take on Beowulf. I've been tempted to watch this movie, but I tend to avoid CGI movies (and WireFu for related reasons). If it's close to the original poem, then my English literature background will drive me to the theater, if not, then the heck with it.

- JP
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:26 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.