Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 12-22-2005, 09:54 AM
modge's Avatar
modge modge is offline
“veni, vidi, vici.”
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: The Marches,England
Posts: 11
Sea of Love
True Grit
Alien
Notting Hill
The Brdges of Madison County
A bit if a softy at Heart. Helen Barkin Do I nead to say enythink.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 12-22-2005, 11:17 AM
mhardy6647's Avatar
mhardy6647 mhardy6647 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: New England
Posts: 333
Since someone opened this thread again, let me nominate two Robert Altman films that I thought were really funny. I may be the only person on earth who liked them, though:

Nashville
A Wedding
__________________
all the best,
mrh
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 12-22-2005, 12:22 PM
soundnut594 soundnut594 is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Amish country ,Lancaster Pa.
Posts: 2
Dr. Strangelove, Pulp Fiction,Young Frankenstein,The Good the Bad the Ugly and Star Wars.This is the greatest site on the WEB I've been learnin so much !Thanks and Merry Christmas to All

Last edited by soundnut594; 12-22-2005 at 12:25 PM. Reason: First post
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 12-22-2005, 12:29 PM
Mark W.'s Avatar
Mark W. Mark W. is offline
Instantly addicted
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Silverton, Oregon
Posts: 63
Not sure if these are my best but they come to mind.

American Graffiti

Open Range (the most realistic gun fight in the history of westerns IMHO)

Two Lane Black Top (most realistic Outlaw drag racing movie EVER)

Star Wars 1977 (If you don't understand you weren't sitting in that theator when it came out)

M*A*S*H
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 12-22-2005, 02:05 PM
ARguy's Avatar
ARguy ARguy is offline
AR Collector
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 21
I forgot about Two Lane Black Top w/ James Taylor and Dennis Wilson, Warren Oates-a real classic. Took me forever to get that on VHS!

JAWS
SAVING PRIVATE RYAN
OUTLAW JOSEY WALES
BULLITT
AMERICAN GRAFFITTI
__________________
Preserving the Acoustic Research brand one piece at a time.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #66  
Old 12-22-2005, 03:04 PM
bordeno's Avatar
bordeno bordeno is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Finksburg, MD
Posts: 65
The movies I'll have to post later, BUT

the absolute all time greatest line from a film is.......

Ejector seat?!? You're joking.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 12-22-2005, 03:17 PM
Andyman's Avatar
Andyman Andyman is offline
Scroungus Stereophilus
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North of Detroit, East of Grumpy. West of Kegger
Posts: 261
I never joke about my work, 007

Actually, I thought this line exchange was pretty good too.......

Pussy: "My name is Pussy Galore."
Bond: "I must be dreaming!"

This one too........

Bond: "I suppose I'll be able to get a drink there."
Leiter: "I told the stewardess liquor for three."
Bond: "Who are the other two?"
Leiter: "Oh, there are no other two."

Maybe we need a great lines thread...........
__________________
I think the world is run by "C" students - Al McGuire

Last edited by Andyman; 12-22-2005 at 03:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 12-22-2005, 04:19 PM
gyusher's Avatar
gyusher gyusher is offline
-don't go round hungry-
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Reynoldsburg, Ohio
Posts: 56
Deadwood

Speaking of great lines. . . BTW DW starts the 25th on its new season. . . Personally I cant wait. . .
__________________
Barrymore's Conclusion. The thing that takes up the least amount of time and causes the most amount of trouble is sex .
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 12-22-2005, 04:28 PM
drspiff's Avatar
drspiff drspiff is offline
Chief Squeeze and Bear
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Aggieland USA
Posts: 5
Great movie lines...

"If you're nervous, just sit there, I'll do the masterminding around here!"
John Wayne, Sands of Iwo Jima
__________________
"If you can't measure it, it ain't science" -- Dr. A.T. Perry
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 12-22-2005, 06:20 PM
BULLWINKLE's Avatar
BULLWINKLE BULLWINKLE is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Garden of the Gods, Colorado
Posts: 27
open range, o brother where art thou?, casablanca, cinderella man, wizard of oz. there it is for me
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #71  
Old 12-22-2005, 06:21 PM
BULLWINKLE's Avatar
BULLWINKLE BULLWINKLE is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Garden of the Gods, Colorado
Posts: 27
damn, forgot about paint your wagon! drop wizard for that.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 12-22-2005, 07:47 PM
audioguy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Lord of the Rings: all of them. There's other good movies, but for me Lord of the Rings is always ahead by a long margin. I can easily sit down 4 hours for these movies because of the deep and grasping story, music by howard shore, actors, and the picture. 10 out of 5 stars.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 12-22-2005, 08:00 PM
Randy Bassham's Avatar
Randy Bassham Randy Bassham is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Poplar Bluff, MO
Posts: 220
Casablanca
The Quiet Man
McLintock
Blazing Saddles
1941
__________________
"proximo satis pro administratio"
KAØSCR
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 12-22-2005, 09:46 PM
www.records www.records is offline
Quality over Quantity
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: SW Missouri
Posts: 7
Forest Gump
Old Yeller (this ripped my heart out as a lad)
Woodstock (the original)
Wizard of Oz
Shawshank Redemption

Honerable Mention-

Revenge of the Nerds
The Green Mile
Star Wars
The ALamo (original)

Ok, so I am old and don't really watch many movies. These are some that really made an impression on me.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 12-23-2005, 03:47 PM
cubdog cubdog is offline
banging through drywall
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Oregon IL.
Posts: 18
Bringing Up Baby... funniest movie ever
Sound of Music..... best musical
Before Sunrise...... intellegent dialogue
LOTR.................. best trilogy???
Appolo 13............ just because I watched it last night

cubdog
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:30 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.