![]() |
|
#61
|
||||
|
||||
![]() ZABRISKIE POINT Pink Floyd Kaleidoscope Grateful Dead Patti Page The Youngbloods Roscoe Holcomb John Fahey MGM |
|
#62
|
|||
|
|||
|
This is a great thread. Many of the suggested titles I have never heard of before. It should be great fun to track them down and give a listen. Most of my favorites have all been mentioned already. With one slight exception: Down and Out in Beverly Hills introduced me to "Burning Down the House" (I believe) and the music of the Talking Heads. After the movie, I went straight out and bought their album. If I had to put my favorites in order it would look something like this:
O Brother where art Thou Amadeus The Committments Oklahoma The Buddy Holly Story Sound of Music Star Wars
__________________
Vintage: Kenwood KR-8010, Kenwood KR-9600 (2), Marantz 2385, Marantz 2500, McIntosh MAC-1700 (2), SAE TWO R9, Sansui RZ7000, Yamaha R1000 Main: McIntosh MX130, MI-3, MC300, Sony/TRL CE595, Magnepan 1.6qr Office: Marantz 2385, Music Hall Maverick, Monitor Audio Bronze 2 |
|
#63
|
|||
|
|||
|
Anything with SpongeBob. Its Aquadelic.
|
|
#64
|
||||
|
||||
|
"Once" and "Across the Universe" are two of the best Newer movies in my book.
"A Hard Days Night" would have to take it in the older film category.
__________________
Good Listening Jack |
|
#65
|
||||
|
||||
|
What? No "Eddie and the Crusers"?
What about 'FM'? "Car Wash"? Who can forget Rose Royce? |
| Audiokarma |
|
#66
|
||||
|
||||
|
Three best Music Movies
Immortal Beloved -- Beethoven in all its glory
Amadeus -- who knew Mozart was such a jackass? The Wall -- I have become Comfortably Numb in my old age |
|
#67
|
||||
|
||||
|
The kids are alright...talk about getting a feel for whats required to "make it" night after night
__________________
"Common Sense isn't quite so common anymore" SX-1250,1050,1010,939,838 x2, 737,636 CR-3020 CR-2020 x2,1020 x2,820 Concept 16.5,6.5,KR-7400 Thorens TD-145 Mk II Yamaha CDC-715 KLH,Advent |
|
#68
|
||||
|
||||
|
Once again, after watching Amadeus again, I think that that movie takes the cake, in my opinion....
__________________
Denon, Mackie, Lenco, JBL, Onkyo, Crown, Tascam, Teac, Otari, Ampex, Pro-Ject, Kenwood, Technics, Sound Engineering Labs, Apple, PreSonus, Panasonic, Shure, Realistic and JVC spoken here |
|
#69
|
|||
|
|||
|
Hi Fidelity
200 Motels Zacharia - The First Rock Western |
|
#70
|
||||
|
||||
|
Dennis Potter's "Pennies From Heaven" - 1978 Six part BBC mini series. (Not the Steve Martin Hollywood film).
An experience you will never forget. |
| Audiokarma |
|
#71
|
||||
|
||||
|
I like the Def Leppard movie, not sure why, but I enjoy it. Almost Famous is great.
How about Standing in the Shadows of Motown? Though it is a bit more documentary.
__________________
_______________________________ All there is to life is beer and music.... Well, family too, but they are where the beer and music is. Work? That's just to get me to the weekend.... where the beer, music and family are. Like I said, those are the important things. |
|
#72
|
||||
|
||||
|
The Wall,Clockwork Orange,Doctor Zharivo.Miami Vice had some good songs on the tv series too.
__________________
ALTEC 9846-8A Studio Monitors YAQIN 100B TUBE AMP Sony TA2000F preamplifier |
|
#73
|
||||
|
||||
|
I'll agree with some of the above, disagree with others, either on the basis that they suck, or I don't agree they're music movies.
I'll go ahead and add: Searching For The Wrong-Eyed Jesus |
|
#74
|
||||
|
||||
|
My picks for Musicals of the Millenium:
. Singin' In The Rain
. A Night At The Opera Henderson: You live here all alone? Otis B. Driftwood: Yes. Just me and my memories. I'm practically a hermit. Henderson: Oh. A hermit. I notice the table's set for four. Otis B. Driftwood: That's nothing - my alarm clock is set for eight. That doesn't prove a thing. . Gold Diggers of 1933 . Duck Soup (Freedonia Forever!) |
|
#75
|
||||
|
||||
|
__________________
Denon, Mackie, Lenco, JBL, Onkyo, Crown, Tascam, Teac, Otari, Ampex, Pro-Ject, Kenwood, Technics, Sound Engineering Labs, Apple, PreSonus, Panasonic, Shure, Realistic and JVC spoken here |
| Audiokarma |
![]() |
|
|