Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #691  
Old 07-05-2008, 08:34 AM
70salesguy's Avatar
70salesguy 70salesguy is offline
Only 99 easy payments!
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Close to Charlotte NC, but not TOO close!
Posts: 109
Talking The teen years are fuzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonman View Post
10,000 BC . Not a bad movie with great special effect. I don't know how historically accurate it was though.
Ask Sandy, he probably remembers.
__________________
I'm the only one that has to like the sound of my system. But if you expect to be invited back, you better say you like the sound of my system!.
Reply With Quote
  #692  
Old 07-05-2008, 08:45 AM
WhiteSE's Avatar
WhiteSE WhiteSE is offline
Lambda Acoustics!!!
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Pocomoke, MD
Posts: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70salesguy View Post
Ask Sandy, he probably remembers.
LOL....Sandy grew up with primordial matter...
__________________
" All I know, Is That I Know Nothing".....

Mono: Fisher 500 mono rec. w/EVRegency III, Stereo: Technics SP-10 TT, McIntosh MR-55, Pilot SA-232, JBL L-96, Pilot SA-210 pre.
In reserve: EV12trxb, EV15trx
Reply With Quote
  #693  
Old 07-06-2008, 09:15 AM
70salesguy's Avatar
70salesguy 70salesguy is offline
Only 99 easy payments!
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Close to Charlotte NC, but not TOO close!
Posts: 109
Smile Vantage Point

Vantage Point.

Dennis Quaid is in this one as well as Matthew Fox. It's told in an interesting manner, that is from several different "vantage points".

I enjoyed it, but I remind everyone that I watch movies for entertainment.
__________________
I'm the only one that has to like the sound of my system. But if you expect to be invited back, you better say you like the sound of my system!.
Reply With Quote
  #694  
Old 07-06-2008, 09:31 AM
qdrone qdrone is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10
Post Wanted

It's a cross between Fast and Furious,The Marathon Man and The Fight Club,a non stop adrenilne rush. It was ok.
Reply With Quote
  #695  
Old 07-06-2008, 10:30 AM
2DualsNotEnough's Avatar
2DualsNotEnough 2DualsNotEnough is offline
The Goodbye Look
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Phoenix,AZ
Posts: 308
Hancock

The first hour is funny,action filled,and slowly becomes involving.And then...it jumps the shark like no movie Ive seen in a long,long time.I think about half the audience bought into it,and the other half were like me-frustrated and disapointed.
Jimmy
__________________
Current System:Cambridge Audio 640 Azur v2/NAD pp-2/,Oppo DV-970HD dvd/cd/,Luxman T-12 Tuner,Technics SL-1200 Mk5/Grado Red,ADS L810.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #696  
Old 07-06-2008, 07:20 PM
mmartin0007's Avatar
mmartin0007 mmartin0007 is offline
mmartin0007
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Sunshine State Florida
Posts: 10
A Crazy Flick

I do not know how the other night I watched a disturbing movie "In Open Water" maybe because I like sailing and boating but OMG they must be joking. Filmed on a low buget and camera but made some money on it although it devastated the diving industry for a while to say the least!!!!

Surround sound sharks...

Mike
Reply With Quote
  #697  
Old 07-07-2008, 02:11 PM
reggaenaut reggaenaut is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Brooklyn NY
Posts: 161
The Apartment: very entertaing.
__________________
Blind tests reveal audio truths.
IF you ride like lightening, you will crash like thunder ~ BIG YOUTH

Reply With Quote
  #698  
Old 07-07-2008, 02:42 PM
onepixel's Avatar
onepixel onepixel is offline
.
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 154
Hancock

The first half was great. I never laughed so hard or so long at one scene. The second half, the mood of the movie changed and it sputtered a bit. But overall entertaining.
Reply With Quote
  #699  
Old 07-07-2008, 04:10 PM
Andyman's Avatar
Andyman Andyman is offline
Scroungus Stereophilus
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North of Detroit, East of Grumpy. West of Kegger
Posts: 261
"5 People You Meet in Heaven". It was a good film, but didn't quite live up to my expectations give the glowing reviews at IMDB
__________________
I think the world is run by "C" students - Al McGuire
Reply With Quote
  #700  
Old 07-07-2008, 04:32 PM
onepixel's Avatar
onepixel onepixel is offline
.
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 154
Step into Liquid, 2003

http://www.stepintoliquid.com/

I watched this DVD again last night, one of the few I own. A modern surf classic rivaling and surpassing the culture defining The Endless Summer (1966). Directed by Dana Brown, the son of Bruce Brown the director of the original The Endless Summer.

Waves from ankle biters to open ocean 66 foot giants. Surfing in North Shore Hawaii, Vietnam, Texas, Wisconsin, Easter Island, Maui, Ireland, Australia, Tahiti, Costa Rica and California.

Surfers, surfer girls, pro surfers, groms (kids), the surfing Rabbi, the war veteran surfer, paraplegic surfer, the surfer who has surfed everyday for 30+ years, a surfer whose been surfing since 1925 and is still going strong. Once you've been stoked by surfing you're hooked for life.

A great movie to experience.

Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #701  
Old 07-09-2008, 01:02 PM
riverrat's Avatar
riverrat riverrat is offline
professional camper
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 6
Charlie Wilson's War

Good performances and some fine dialog by Tom Hanks, Julia Roberts and especially Philip Seymour Hoffman as the frumpy but brilliant CIA guy.
Reply With Quote
  #702  
Old 07-09-2008, 02:24 PM
spiderhead69 spiderhead69 is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: San Jose, Ca
Posts: 3
INTO THE WILD - I had read the book, so I wanted to see the movie. Kinda slow at times, but all in all a good character study movie.
Reply With Quote
  #703  
Old 07-21-2008, 06:35 PM
tensleep's Avatar
tensleep tensleep is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Owens Crossroads, AL - relocating to Dallas in 2009
Posts: 41
The Dark Knight - WOW

Heath Ledger gives the best performance of a villain since Anthony Hopkins immortalized Hannibal Lecter. I could be forgetting someone (the guy from No Country for Old Men comes to mind) in all the excitement, but Heath's portrayal of The Joker absolutely stole the show.

I also felt that the writers were very cognizant of the graphic novels and made sure to remain true to the myth - they just enlarged it as only movies can do!
__________________
Silence is Golden,
but Duct Tape is Silver
Reply With Quote
  #704  
Old 07-21-2008, 06:45 PM
onepixel's Avatar
onepixel onepixel is offline
.
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 154
Journey to the Center of the Earth, in 3D

One of my favorite Jules Vern novels. I somewhat remember the original 1959 movie version. I loved those old sci-fis as a kid. The new version seemed like it was geared towards the kids. It had it's moments but overall it was mildly entertaining.
Reply With Quote
  #705  
Old 07-21-2008, 09:22 PM
tcdriver's Avatar
tcdriver tcdriver is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Valley of Heart's Delight
Posts: 75
Tell No One (Ne Le Dis A Personne)

Highly recommended.

Synopsis: Pediatrician Dr Alex Beck has been devastated since his childhood sweetheart and wife, Margot, was savagely murdered in the early days of their marriage eight years ago; a serial killer was blamed. But when he receives an anonymous email directing him to a webcam, he sees Margot's face standing in the crowd, being filmed in real time. "An absorbing and intriguing thriller for grownups that surprises at every turn, with a superb cast.--Urban Cinefile Australia. French, with English subtitles
__________________
Round and Round it goes
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.