![]() |
|
#691
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
__________________
I'm the only one that has to like the sound of my system. But if you expect to be invited back, you better say you like the sound of my system!. |
|
#692
|
||||
|
||||
|
LOL....Sandy grew up with primordial matter...
__________________
" All I know, Is That I Know Nothing"..... Mono: Fisher 500 mono rec. w/EVRegency III, Stereo: Technics SP-10 TT, McIntosh MR-55, Pilot SA-232, JBL L-96, Pilot SA-210 pre. In reserve: EV12trxb, EV15trx |
|
#693
|
||||
|
||||
|
Vantage Point.
Dennis Quaid is in this one as well as Matthew Fox. It's told in an interesting manner, that is from several different "vantage points". I enjoyed it, but I remind everyone that I watch movies for entertainment.
__________________
I'm the only one that has to like the sound of my system. But if you expect to be invited back, you better say you like the sound of my system!. |
|
#694
|
|||
|
|||
|
It's a cross between Fast and Furious,The Marathon Man and The Fight Club,a non stop adrenilne rush. It was ok.
|
|
#695
|
||||
|
||||
|
Hancock
The first hour is funny,action filled,and slowly becomes involving.And then...it jumps the shark like no movie Ive seen in a long,long time.I think about half the audience bought into it,and the other half were like me-frustrated and disapointed.
Jimmy
__________________
Current System:Cambridge Audio 640 Azur v2/NAD pp-2/,Oppo DV-970HD dvd/cd/,Luxman T-12 Tuner,Technics SL-1200 Mk5/Grado Red,ADS L810. |
| Audiokarma |
|
#696
|
||||
|
||||
|
A Crazy Flick
I do not know how the other night I watched a disturbing movie "In Open Water" maybe because I like sailing and boating but OMG they must be joking. Filmed on a low buget and camera but made some money on it although it devastated the diving industry for a while to say the least!!!!
Surround sound sharks... ![]() Mike
__________________
http://www.martinspeakersusa.com |
|
#697
|
|||
|
|||
|
The Apartment: very entertaing.
__________________
Blind tests reveal audio truths. IF you ride like lightening, you will crash like thunder ~ BIG YOUTH |
|
#698
|
||||
|
||||
|
Hancock
The first half was great. I never laughed so hard or so long at one scene. The second half, the mood of the movie changed and it sputtered a bit. But overall entertaining. |
|
#699
|
||||
|
||||
|
"5 People You Meet in Heaven". It was a good film, but didn't quite live up to my expectations give the glowing reviews at IMDB
__________________
I think the world is run by "C" students - Al McGuire |
|
#700
|
||||
|
||||
|
Step into Liquid, 2003
http://www.stepintoliquid.com/ I watched this DVD again last night, one of the few I own. A modern surf classic rivaling and surpassing the culture defining The Endless Summer (1966). Directed by Dana Brown, the son of Bruce Brown the director of the original The Endless Summer. Waves from ankle biters to open ocean 66 foot giants. Surfing in North Shore Hawaii, Vietnam, Texas, Wisconsin, Easter Island, Maui, Ireland, Australia, Tahiti, Costa Rica and California. Surfers, surfer girls, pro surfers, groms (kids), the surfing Rabbi, the war veteran surfer, paraplegic surfer, the surfer who has surfed everyday for 30+ years, a surfer whose been surfing since 1925 and is still going strong. Once you've been stoked by surfing you're hooked for life. A great movie to experience.
|
| Audiokarma |
|
#701
|
||||
|
||||
|
Charlie Wilson's War
Good performances and some fine dialog by Tom Hanks, Julia Roberts and especially Philip Seymour Hoffman as the frumpy but brilliant CIA guy. |
|
#702
|
|||
|
|||
|
INTO THE WILD - I had read the book, so I wanted to see the movie. Kinda slow at times, but all in all a good character study movie.
|
|
#703
|
||||
|
||||
|
The Dark Knight - WOW
![]() Heath Ledger gives the best performance of a villain since Anthony Hopkins immortalized Hannibal Lecter. I could be forgetting someone (the guy from No Country for Old Men comes to mind) in all the excitement, but Heath's portrayal of The Joker absolutely stole the show. I also felt that the writers were very cognizant of the graphic novels and made sure to remain true to the myth - they just enlarged it as only movies can do!
__________________
Silence is Golden, but Duct Tape is Silver |
|
#704
|
||||
|
||||
|
Journey to the Center of the Earth, in 3D
One of my favorite Jules Vern novels. I somewhat remember the original 1959 movie version. I loved those old sci-fis as a kid. The new version seemed like it was geared towards the kids. It had it's moments but overall it was mildly entertaining. |
|
#705
|
||||
|
||||
|
Tell No One (Ne Le Dis A Personne)
Highly recommended. Synopsis: Pediatrician Dr Alex Beck has been devastated since his childhood sweetheart and wife, Margot, was savagely murdered in the early days of their marriage eight years ago; a serial killer was blamed. But when he receives an anonymous email directing him to a webcam, he sees Margot's face standing in the crowd, being filmed in real time. "An absorbing and intriguing thriller for grownups that surprises at every turn, with a superb cast.--Urban Cinefile Australia. French, with English subtitles
__________________
|
| Audiokarma |
![]() |
|
|