Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #586  
Old 04-12-2008, 02:48 PM
jimdgoulding jimdgoulding is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Texas, yo. Can't seem to get away.
Posts: 11
Volver- Think Penelope Cruz is just a pretty face? She turns in a world class performance here as a working class, turning 40, mother of a teenage daughter. Very resourceful, lots of fortitude, and repressed feelings. Everything about her character to include what she is thinking at any given moment can be see on her face. Excellent movie if you can forgive no special effects or super heros. And it's in Spanish but worth the hassel.
Reply With Quote
  #587  
Old 05-12-2008, 12:49 PM
outshined's Avatar
outshined outshined is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 72
I Am Legend.
One question, though. I thought it was said that canines are immune to the virus, but, Will Smiths character is attacked by zombie dogs. Have I missed something here?
__________________


"So now you know who gets mystified"
Reply With Quote
  #588  
Old 05-12-2008, 12:58 PM
ablethevoice's Avatar
ablethevoice ablethevoice is offline
boatanchors rule!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NW FloridHell panhandle. Ivan and Dennis survivor.
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by outshined View Post
I Am Legend.
One question, though. I thought it was said that canines are immune to the virus, but, Will Smiths character is attacked by zombie dogs. Have I missed something here?


Typical overlooked plothole in a sloppily-written movie...

Anyway, last film I watched was REEFER MADNESS on TCM Underground. Funny stuff. The only time I get "reefer madness" is when I can't find any.
Reply With Quote
  #589  
Old 05-12-2008, 01:06 PM
Andyman's Avatar
Andyman Andyman is offline
Scroungus Stereophilus
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North of Detroit, East of Grumpy. West of Kegger
Posts: 261
Last week, "No Country for Old Men".
This week, "What Dreams may Come" w/Robin Williams and "Glengarry Glen Ross" which always blows me away.
__________________
I think the world is run by "C" students - Al McGuire
Reply With Quote
  #590  
Old 05-12-2008, 01:09 PM
Rat44's Avatar
Rat44 Rat44 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tacoma,Wa
Posts: 19
Watched Eragon yesterday.Even my wife liked it.If you like sci-fi or dragon movies you will love it.The scenery is spectacular.Wish I had seen at on the big screen.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #591  
Old 05-12-2008, 08:08 PM
tcdriver's Avatar
tcdriver tcdriver is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Valley of Heart's Delight
Posts: 75
Under the Same Moon. My wife and I both enjoyed it. Recommended.
__________________
Round and Round it goes
Reply With Quote
  #592  
Old 05-13-2008, 03:01 AM
2DualsNotEnough's Avatar
2DualsNotEnough 2DualsNotEnough is offline
The Goodbye Look
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Phoenix,AZ
Posts: 308
I saw Redbelt today.Smart,plot driven Mixed Martial Arts movie written and directed by David Mamet.Much better than I expected.
Jimmy
__________________
Current System:Cambridge Audio 640 Azur v2/NAD pp-2/,Oppo DV-970HD dvd/cd/,Luxman T-12 Tuner,Technics SL-1200 Mk5/Grado Red,ADS L810.
Reply With Quote
  #593  
Old 05-13-2008, 01:24 PM
pmsummer's Avatar
pmsummer pmsummer is offline
simul justus et peccator
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rheinhardt Station, Peters Colony, Republic of Texas
Posts: 122
Juno.

Good stuff.
__________________
P.M. Summer



McIntosh MA6100, Klipsch Klipschorns, Denon DP-1800 w/AT-15SS, Sony XDR-F1HD, Yamaha CDC+Entech dac
McIntosh MAC4100, Fons Mk1 w/Shure M97xE, AR3a, Frazier Mk V, Yamaha NS1000M, TEAC A-2300SR
H.H. Scott 299D, Frazier La Fiesta, Tivoli Model CD, ELAC 40A
Reply With Quote
  #594  
Old 05-14-2008, 06:17 PM
Tmac83's Avatar
Tmac83 Tmac83 is offline
AK Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 16
Golden Compass

I think it is a good movie, but I know some people don't care for fantasy.
__________________
Adcom GTP-500 II, Adcom GFA-545, Marantz Model 6300 w/Grado Gold, Cambridge Audio 540p, Cambridge Audio 640C v2, Magnepan MG-1's or Thiel 03a's
Reply With Quote
  #595  
Old 05-14-2008, 06:35 PM
gyusher's Avatar
gyusher gyusher is offline
-don't go round hungry-
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Reynoldsburg, Ohio
Posts: 56
Golden Compass - decent
Deaden - sucks
Charlie Wilson's War - kinda cool
Speed Racer (animated)- for children but easy to watch
Iron Man (animated)- as SR
__________________
Barrymore's Conclusion. The thing that takes up the least amount of time and causes the most amount of trouble is sex .
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #596  
Old 05-16-2008, 12:24 AM
riverrat's Avatar
riverrat riverrat is offline
professional camper
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by outshined View Post
I Am Legend.
One question, though. I thought it was said that canines are immune to the virus, but, Will Smiths character is attacked by zombie dogs. Have I missed something here?
Watched this one tonight...pretty good, a huge improvement over Omega Man which was basically the same movie that came out in the 70s and starred Charlton Heston.

As I recall, it was said in the movie that canines are only immune to the airborne form of the virus.
Reply With Quote
  #597  
Old 05-16-2008, 01:16 AM
beans's Avatar
beans beans is offline
Future tube roller
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Houston
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by iphasic View Post
Last weekend I saw "into the wild".

perfect casting, however i thought the movie sucked from a visual standpoint. also the chronology was all over the place. I'm not sure if this was how the book was written, but i found it very unnecessary and hard to follow. i think the film would have been much stronger had it been directed by someone like Ang Lee. just my .02
Not sure what you didn't like visually, but overall it was for people that read the book. To anyone else, it's just a sad downer. The book is fascinating because it's documentary style (of a true story). It makes you really wonder what makes the guy tick. The movie does not.
__________________
MBR Stereo McIntosh MC752, McIntosh MR78, McIntosh C504 preamp, Norman Labs Seven spks, ProJect Debut III TT, Stanton 681EEE-III, ReVox B77 MkII
HT Yamaha RX-V995 A/V rcvr, Boston VR Series, Paradigm PW-2200 sub, Pioneer RT707
Boy's Room Sherwood BPC receiver, Indignia 3.5
Reply With Quote
  #598  
Old 05-16-2008, 01:23 AM
timofred's Avatar
timofred timofred is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Port Macquarie,NSW,Oz
Posts: 7
Sweeney Todd.
Possibly the best thing Depp has done.
__________________
Project 6.1 tt,Marantz CD-40,CX3400,C-2x,B-2,PM-82,SA-1055,StaxSR-3,411-8A,MS 35Ti.
"I'm virtually unrepentant, and I just don't care." - FZ
Reply With Quote
  #599  
Old 05-16-2008, 10:16 AM
OvenMaster's Avatar
OvenMaster OvenMaster is offline
DTV blows
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Red Sox Nation
Posts: 565
I've finally gotten my hands on the last season of The Sopranos. Don't tell me how it ends, okay? I wanna find out for myself!
Tom
__________________
Tom
Reply With Quote
  #600  
Old 05-16-2008, 11:57 AM
outshined's Avatar
outshined outshined is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by riverrat View Post
Watched this one tonight...pretty good, a huge improvement over Omega Man which was basically the same movie that came out in the 70s and starred Charlton Heston.

As I recall, it was said in the movie that canines are only immune to the airborne form of the virus.
Thanks for clarifying. I would have picked that up, except I only watched it once, so little things slip by. Gonna watch it again tonight.
__________________


"So now you know who gets mystified"
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:17 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.