Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #46  
Old 10-10-2016, 07:30 PM
Electronic M's Avatar
Electronic M Electronic M is offline
M is for Memory
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pewaukee/Delafield Wi
Posts: 15,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olorin67 View Post
if you have an extra good 23V delta gun tube from that hoard, I'll buy it. (for late 60s Zenith)
That is uncertain at this time. I have a very weak one you can have free. I have 2 others that are good but if I keep the console alive one will be spoken for, and the other I need to keep as a spare. If I sell one then I gotta kill the Zenith console...I'd need about $140 for one of the good CRTs to make it worth doing that. Both of my good ones had the safety glass removed...I have the safety glass separate, but that safety glass is etched in places from storage.

If I go back to Indiana I may return with a few more and be comfortable letting one go for a bit less.
__________________
Tom C.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 10-10-2016, 08:41 PM
dieseljeep dieseljeep is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 7,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
Thanks for the advice. I'd like to make do with what I have so if I don't have one (I've got some real oddball pulls so there's always a chance I may have one somewhere), then I may try making another damper tube work in that circuit...I've got some wacky series string dampers sitting in boxes with nothing better to do.
42EC4's, $3.00 at the Florida tube place.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 10-10-2016, 11:07 PM
Electronic M's Avatar
Electronic M Electronic M is offline
M is for Memory
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pewaukee/Delafield Wi
Posts: 15,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseljeep View Post
42EC4's, $3.00 at the Florida tube place.
Slaps forehead. I checked there but thought it was 45 instead of 42, and found nothing...Well if it ain't in my bins (I hope to check tomorrow if the Zappa concert don't eat that time) at least I have a trusted source for them.

Thanks, Dave!
__________________
Tom C.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 10-11-2016, 01:53 PM
wa2ise's Avatar
wa2ise wa2ise is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 3,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by centralradio View Post


I feel sorry about that bottom set .
Did Elvis once own it?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 10-11-2016, 04:42 PM
old_coot88 old_coot88 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,653
Nah. Here's how he done it..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTn2kSKA0b8
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #51  
Old 10-12-2016, 02:11 PM
KentTeffeteller's Avatar
KentTeffeteller KentTeffeteller is offline
Gimpus Stereophilus!
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Athens, TN
Posts: 791
aka the Elvis Presley Bang-Matic Remote Control
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 10-12-2016, 02:41 PM
Electronic M's Avatar
Electronic M Electronic M is offline
M is for Memory
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pewaukee/Delafield Wi
Posts: 15,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa2ise View Post
Did Elvis once own it?
The top or bottom one ?

The bottom as I stated earlier was an OLD necking that cleanly cleaved the back of the neck and the back half of the electron gun off rapidly....The cleaved off front of the electron gun was hurled with tremendous force at the shadow mask by the rush of air into the tube (I know this from the hole in the shadow mask and the crumpling of the getther mounting strap from the impact). it is a shame that black matrix CC CRT has it's phosphor and mask destroyed by the necking...If it had not then it would have been a prime rebuild candidate. That Zenith now has a good CRT in it...I hope someone will sell me a back for that set as I'd like some insurance against another necking...

The moto on top I'm part way on the cabinet reassemble. I'm hoping to make some progress tonight as I want to recap the chassis and get it working soon.

The problem with the Elvis bang-matic that kept it from catching on (aside from how hard it was on CRTs) was that if only had an off function.
__________________
Tom C.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 10-16-2016, 10:23 AM
dieseljeep dieseljeep is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 7,562
Picking up the rest of the sets and parts.

Tom! Are you planning on picking up the rest of the sets, etc?
As you said, the place had to be cleaned out by the end of October.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 10-16-2016, 10:33 AM
dieseljeep dieseljeep is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 7,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_coot88 View Post
Nah. Here's how he done it..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTn2kSKA0b8
As I remember it, he was the only one home at the time.
There was pictures showing the set with only a bullet hole in the CRT face. The set looked like a CTC31 with a resin-bond CRT, so it didn't shatter like that.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 10-16-2016, 04:01 PM
wa2ise's Avatar
wa2ise wa2ise is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 3,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseljeep View Post
There was pictures showing the set with only a bullet hole in the CRT face. The set looked like a CTC31 with a resin-bond CRT...

The "remote" was a chrome plated Beretta M1934 .380ACP.
__________________

Last edited by wa2ise; 10-16-2016 at 04:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:43 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.