Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #46  
Old 04-24-2009, 10:34 PM
ducati_EL34's Avatar
ducati_EL34 ducati_EL34 is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie1210 View Post
The Corbomite Maneuver
Right actor, wrong episode. That scene is from, "What are little girls made of?"

Ted Cassidy was in three TOS episodes.
__________________
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” -- Frank Sinatra
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 04-24-2009, 10:44 PM
zombie1210's Avatar
zombie1210 zombie1210 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 164
Correct. I had too much Tranya.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 04-25-2009, 12:04 AM
Bigerik's Avatar
Bigerik Bigerik is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: I've Been Everywhere
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducati_EL34 View Post
Get over it! Brannan and Braga have already rewritten Star Trek history, starting with the first season of TNG.
And while doing so, ran Star Trek into the ground.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 04-25-2009, 06:39 AM
ducati_EL34's Avatar
ducati_EL34 ducati_EL34 is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigerik View Post
And while doing so, ran Star Trek into the ground.

That is for sure... But I seem to remember Roddenberry had some input on the first season, and he was not too lucid at that point. Seasons one and two hd two big problems, Jumpsuits and Wesley Crusher...
__________________
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” -- Frank Sinatra
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 04-25-2009, 08:29 AM
soundmotor's Avatar
soundmotor soundmotor is offline
super modified
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Just off the shoulder of Orion
Posts: 614
I watched TNG because it was on and certainly watched it every week. Was there any other sci-fi show even broadcast in the late 80's? Although I like Patrick Stewart, the kindler, gentler, conflict resolution style of starship captaining always left me cold. Personal preference was how Riker was portrayed, much more like the original Kirk. Data is certainly still a fave too. The rest, send to the airlock. However, TNG absolutely paved the way for the tumult of sci-fi shows since. IIRC it was nearly a dead genre on broadcast TV prior to the arrival of TNG. I don't know if anyone has read the sneak reviews from the UK on the new ST but by all accounts it is a steamroller and should lock many sequels to come. Good!
__________________
I took a hammer to a Regency TR-4, I was 6 at the time.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #51  
Old 04-25-2009, 09:17 AM
ducati_EL34's Avatar
ducati_EL34 ducati_EL34 is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundmotor View Post
I watched TNG because it was on and certainly watched it every week. Was there any other sci-fi show even broadcast in the late 80's? Although I like Patrick Stewart, the kindler, gentler, conflict resolution style of starship captaining always left me cold. Personal preference was how Riker was portrayed, much more like the original Kirk. Data is certainly still a fave too. The rest, send to the airlock. However, TNG absolutely paved the way for the tumult of sci-fi shows since. IIRC it was nearly a dead genre on broadcast TV prior to the arrival of TNG. I don't know if anyone has read the sneak reviews from the UK on the new ST but by all accounts it is a steamroller and should lock many sequels to come. Good!
Agreed 100% I was watching it too. It was fresh for its time and there were good episodes. Worf to the airlock? That was the one original bright idea they had, as characters go...

WRT Riker, without the beard, does he remind you of Potsy Webber of Happy Days?
__________________
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” -- Frank Sinatra
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 04-25-2009, 09:56 AM
Reel 2 Reel's Avatar
Reel 2 Reel Reel 2 Reel is offline
Mad Dog Junkie
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Rockport Texas
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundmotor View Post
The rest, send to the airlock.

WAIT!!!!!...send Doctor Crusher to my quarters... wearing something skimpy!

Perferribly this....


__________________

Gary in Texas

Last edited by Reel 2 Reel; 04-25-2009 at 10:00 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 05-04-2009, 02:57 PM
SBEEZ's Avatar
SBEEZ SBEEZ is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Alaska
Posts: 15
I haven't been this stoked for a movie since the new Indiana Jones, which was a big disappointment. My brother got to see a press preview, and said it was fantastic. And he's not half the fan I am.

I was a fan of the other movies, but thought they were generally running out of ideas. Thus, I was glad to see a reboot. My next hope: a new Star Trek show similar to the new Battlestar Galactica.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 05-04-2009, 04:15 PM
markc2's Avatar
markc2 markc2 is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: a Yankee in TX
Posts: 94
I am actually surprised nobody has mentioned Q. Some of the best episodes are between him and Picard.

The one with Moriarty who steps OUT of the holodeck.

I am beginning to think based on what I've seen of previews the man who talks Kirk into joining starfleet is Pike.

Mark
__________________


Quad ESL-63 USA Monitors * Nordost SPM * MC275mkV * Magnan Vi xlr * C220 * Magnan Vi * 834P Deluxe * LP12/ Ittok VII & Lyra Skala *
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 05-04-2009, 04:28 PM
ducati_EL34's Avatar
ducati_EL34 ducati_EL34 is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by markc2 View Post
I am actually surprised nobody has mentioned Q. Some of the best episodes are between him and Picard.
Q was good.

Quote:
I am beginning to think based on what I've seen of previews the man who talks Kirk into joining starfleet is Pike.

Mark

imdb.com lists Bruce Greenwood as Capt. Christopher Pike.
__________________
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” -- Frank Sinatra
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #56  
Old 05-04-2009, 04:38 PM
markc2's Avatar
markc2 markc2 is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: a Yankee in TX
Posts: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducati_EL34 View Post




imdb.com lists Bruce Greenwood as Capt. Christopher Pike.
Cool, it's him. He's the voiceover too on some of the previews too.

Thanks

Mark
__________________


Quad ESL-63 USA Monitors * Nordost SPM * MC275mkV * Magnan Vi xlr * C220 * Magnan Vi * 834P Deluxe * LP12/ Ittok VII & Lyra Skala *
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 05-05-2009, 04:57 PM
SBEEZ's Avatar
SBEEZ SBEEZ is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Alaska
Posts: 15
TNG remains my favorite series. Though DS9 and TOS are tied for second. DS9 for some good acting and story lines, and TOS for its classic-ness. Many of the episodes from the early days of DS9 were really snore-fests though.

That being said, Wesley Crusher was a little too much. I hated Q at the time, but he's grown on me over time. TNG also introduced the Borg and set the stage for the next 20 years of Trek, which slowly degraded over time.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 05-07-2009, 10:36 PM
tshoejohn's Avatar
tshoejohn tshoejohn is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Madison Hts, Mi.
Posts: 39
I just saw it, and I thought it was great! The special effects were like a mixture of Star trek and Battlestar Galactica (new series) with a much bigger budget. Pretty fast paced start to finish. I got to go see it again on IMAX !
__________________
Bell Sound Labs: Bell 6060 "Carrilon", H/K TU610 Tuner, Fostex FE103E's (Folded Horn) Technics Sl-3200 TT, Velodyne CT-100, Infinity RSe.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 05-07-2009, 11:05 PM
Bigerik's Avatar
Bigerik Bigerik is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: I've Been Everywhere
Posts: 60
Just saw it in IMAX tonight. Still not 100% sure what I think of it. Odd detail stuff kept snapping me out of it. It was a good sci-fi movie, but I don't know if it was a good Star Trek movie or not.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 05-08-2009, 03:01 AM
2DualsNotEnough's Avatar
2DualsNotEnough 2DualsNotEnough is offline
The Goodbye Look
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Phoenix,AZ
Posts: 308
I just got back from seeing it in IMAX tonight,too.I really liked it a lot.Im glad they didnt go by the old ST playbook on some things.And it still had the humor of the original.And the main characters were all a nice fit.The new Uhuru is the hottest thing on feet.
JImmy
__________________
Current System:Cambridge Audio 640 Azur v2/NAD pp-2/,Oppo DV-970HD dvd/cd/,Luxman T-12 Tuner,Technics SL-1200 Mk5/Grado Red,ADS L810.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:06 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.