Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #46  
Old 04-30-2007, 04:12 PM
panhead's Avatar
panhead panhead is offline
Mac owner for life.
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 13
Judge Judy.

The worst for me is that old sea hag Judge Judy,i cant stand the sight of that woman, she has a gaint head & a big mouth.

After that that stupid show The Veiw,anything that big fat pig Rosie is in should be taken off the air as a public service,another giant headed woman who never shuts up.
__________________
Main rig , 5 channel stereo.

Mcintosh Mc1201.
Mcintosh Mc7270.
Mcintosh Mc7100.
Mcintosh C-2200.
Mcintosh MVP 841.
Mcintosh XRT 22.
Mcintosh XL1.
Mcintosh XL1-W.
JM Labs Centris.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 04-30-2007, 04:15 PM
2DualsNotEnough's Avatar
2DualsNotEnough 2DualsNotEnough is offline
The Goodbye Look
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Phoenix,AZ
Posts: 308
If I was a rebellious teenager now,American Idol would be at the top of my shit list.A competition to find MORE homogenous,vapid,phony young shiny people.And the judges.What did Paula Abdul or Randy Jackson(or Simons's label) ever put out of quality or originality.Yeah,the show is harmless,but it annoys me to know end.
BTW,that girl Jordin Sparks goes to a local church that many of my wifes friends and co-workers go to,and I know her dad played pro football.And shes a plus size model,so if I have to have a rooting interest,Ill pick her.
Jimmy
__________________
Current System:Cambridge Audio 640 Azur v2/NAD pp-2/,Oppo DV-970HD dvd/cd/,Luxman T-12 Tuner,Technics SL-1200 Mk5/Grado Red,ADS L810.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 04-30-2007, 04:20 PM
2DualsNotEnough's Avatar
2DualsNotEnough 2DualsNotEnough is offline
The Goodbye Look
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Phoenix,AZ
Posts: 308
I was just thinking:You know how we all miss the "good old days"?It occurs to me that American Idol is just a rehash of the old Ted Mack Amateur Hour from before I was born.Ive seen the old show,and it wasnt so hot either.
Jimmy
__________________
Current System:Cambridge Audio 640 Azur v2/NAD pp-2/,Oppo DV-970HD dvd/cd/,Luxman T-12 Tuner,Technics SL-1200 Mk5/Grado Red,ADS L810.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 04-30-2007, 10:08 PM
TVTeufel TVTeufel is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2DualsNotEnough
I was just thinking:You know how we all miss the "good old days"?It occurs to me that American Idol is just a rehash of the old Ted Mack Amateur Hour from before I was born.Ive seen the old show,and it wasnt so hot either.
Jimmy

At least Ted Mack had the commercial with dancing packs of Old Gold Ciggys with hot legs In the interim, we had Ed McMahon's Star Search, which never to my memory paraded doofuses (doofuci?) to be castigated (castrated) by talentless & tasteless bozos such as Simon.
But, then again, it's all about ratings, isn't it?

Ron (I wish Peter Finch were here to raise that window again).
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 04-30-2007, 10:24 PM
Sandy G's Avatar
Sandy G Sandy G is offline
Spiteful Old Cuss
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Rogersville, Tennessee
Posts: 9,571
Rosie is bad enuff, but the one on "The View"-the few times I've been able to watch it-that frosts me is Joy Behar. She, too, has an overly large head, & a size XXXXL mouth. A most unfunny woman. Judge Judy DOES get her licks in on deadbeats occaisionally. Actually, ALL them "Judge" shows could go away, & I'd not shed a tear.
__________________
Benevolent Despot
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #51  
Old 04-30-2007, 10:26 PM
doctorbongo's Avatar
doctorbongo doctorbongo is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 30
I don't need to see Rachael Ray on my TEE VEE.
She's on my box of Ritz Crackers.
__________________
Never said I was a stool pigeon. Never said I was a diplomat.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 05-06-2007, 11:55 PM
Cosmic's Avatar
Cosmic Cosmic is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 82
...I work in TV, so I actually make a living (freelance) shoveling this manure.

As long as WW2 never ends on the History Channel and "Are You Being Served" and "Fawlty Towers" can still be gotten on PBS, you can keep the rest. I don't even watch my own work.

A TV set is a display. You can show what YOU wish on it.
So, for me, great films. Just had Bergman's "Seventh Seal" on.

C.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 05-06-2007, 11:57 PM
nickrobotron's Avatar
nickrobotron nickrobotron is offline
rejoice
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: KC
Posts: 2
i don't even have TV but i watch king of queens at my girlfriends house sometimes and i freaking love it! the office is great too. i buy the seasons on dvd when it comes out.
__________________
Technics SL-1700 w/ Grado Red, Toshiba SD-4000, Pioneer SX-850, JBL L86, Grado SR80
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 05-07-2007, 01:44 AM
ferninando ferninando is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 72
I've not read the other posts, so if it hasn't been mentioned, the one [of many] I think should go is "Deadliest catch". I mean how many times do you need to see a bunch of crabs being dumped out of cages??
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 05-08-2007, 12:07 PM
glen65's Avatar
glen65 glen65 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Mid Ohio
Posts: 107
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #56  
Old 05-08-2007, 12:46 PM
DougMac's Avatar
DougMac DougMac is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Juliette, GA
Posts: 6
Ted Mack

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2DualsNotEnough
It occurs to me that American Idol is just a rehash of the old Ted Mack Amateur Hour from before I was born.Ive seen the old show,and it wasnt so hot either.
Jimmy
True enough, but the first break for one of the best slide guitarists ever was on the Amateur Hour. The person in question was six at the time.

Who was he? (Worth 50 points)

Doug
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 05-08-2007, 12:47 PM
onepixel's Avatar
onepixel onepixel is offline
.
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 154
90% of whats on the tube.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 05-09-2007, 03:07 AM
Kptn Howdie's Avatar
Kptn Howdie Kptn Howdie is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: toronto canada.
Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickrobotron
i don't even have TV but i watch king of queens at my girlfriends house sometimes and i freaking love it! the office is great too. i buy the seasons on dvd when it comes out.
i started watching that show during the winter months this year and i also love it. the characters flow well together, gerry stiller`s one liners keep me glued each day for more, that fat phuck doug is outrageous and his wife is very pleasing to the eye (even when she`s pudgy).

i watched the second last (i think second last) episode the other day when carrie moved into a apartment in manhattan and doug stayed at the house driving around his rascal. needless to say i think the show has lost its edge.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 05-09-2007, 03:23 AM
Andyman's Avatar
Andyman Andyman is offline
Scroungus Stereophilus
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North of Detroit, East of Grumpy. West of Kegger
Posts: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougMac
True enough, but the first break for one of the best slide guitarists ever was on the Amateur Hour. The person in question was six at the time.

Who was he? (Worth 50 points)

Doug
Lowell George (I love Google)
__________________
I think the world is run by "C" students - Al McGuire
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 05-09-2007, 12:42 PM
john_w's Avatar
john_w john_w is offline
Miscreant
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Englewood, Colorado
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk
None of them -- let the masses watch what they want, I could care less. Just slip in some subliminal messages about using contraception so that they don't take over the world. Stupid people shouldn't breed.
I'm with Dusty!! The more lame TV, the better. Because I don't have time to watch it if it were any good. Unfortunately I spent the last two nights watching Secrets of the Dead and Nova on PBS when I should have been doing other things.

It's been a while since Pink Floyd proclaimed "13 channels of sh!t on the TV to choose from" in The Wall. Now it's more like 130! Except for me - I still use rabbit ears. For now anyhow.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:56 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.