Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-14-2007, 09:54 AM
mg196's Avatar
mg196 mg196 is offline
Johnny Thunders - LAMF
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: DC Metro Area
Posts: 75
No, it would not be the same movie. And honestly, no one else could have done it better. That would be like asking if John Williams was the right pick to do Star Wars!
__________________
"You can't put your arms around a memory...so don't try." - Johnny Thunders
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-14-2007, 05:58 PM
Jack Lord's Avatar
Jack Lord Jack Lord is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 156
Quote:
It's Deckard, not Decker.
True. That is what I meant.



Quote:
He shot Zhora in the back.
In the book, her name is Luba Luft. I have read the book more recently than seeing the film.
__________________
Pioneer: SX-1250, RT-1020L, PL-530, P-D70, CT-F9191, H-R60, SE-205 & HPM 100s.

KLH: Models 16 & 18, Tivoli Model CDP & Model 6 Speakers.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-17-2007, 07:18 AM
soundmotor's Avatar
soundmotor soundmotor is offline
super modified
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Just off the shoulder of Orion
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lord
In the book, her name is Luba Luft. I have read the book more recently than seeing the film.
I haven't read the book in so long I'd forgotten that. The book is so different from the movie that they are pretty much separate entities to me. If you are a fan of PKD, try "Man In A High Castle" sometime.
__________________
I took a hammer to a Regency TR-4, I was 6 at the time.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-18-2007, 06:54 AM
Dusty Chalk
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I still think it would be a transcendent film, and this is coming from a huge Vangelis fan (he's in my top 10 favourite artists of all time). It just wouldn't be as perfect. The non-traditional "futuristic" music was perfect for such a forward-thinking movie.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-19-2007, 09:14 AM
Robie's Avatar
Robie Robie is offline
Immortality or Death!
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 26
Funny about the timing of this thread.

2 weekends ago I was searching Yahoo music for available music from one of my favorite late 60s obscure horn featuring rock bands, If. I actually saw If play once at a nearby high school in south suburban Chicago.

If was led by a British jazz saxophonist of some repute named Dick Morrissey who died several years ago. Reading his biography I was surprised to learn that Dick Morrissey played the slow smoldering sax solo on the Vangelis Blade Runner soundtrack in the "Love Theme (Love Song?)" cut.

Not a big Vangelis fan either but I bought the Blade Runner sound track and enjoy it from time to time particularly the above cut. This was probably mentioned previously, but BR was named top SF movie of all time by some group within the last several years. Can't remember which group but seem to recall it involved scientists.

Watched it recently and IMO it has weathered well.
__________________
B&K Pro10MC ST-140 Rega Ela Planet Planar 2 Denon DL-103 Sony ST-J60 Naim NACA5 Chord Cobra
Sumo Athena Polaris McIntosh MA230 NAD 4020 Sony TA-2000F WMD6 Sherwood S-8900A S-7200 S-7100A HK 350i SI Super T ADS 710 200c 2002 Dynaco A-25 Genesis Model 10 EPI 70C InDignias
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #6  
Old 06-03-2009, 07:33 PM
wajobu's Avatar
wajobu wajobu is offline
Near and Far Horizons
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New England
Posts: 206
This just does it, for me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_saUN4j7Gw
__________________
Yamaha, Manley, ADS, McIntosh, Rega, B&O & Victor Talking Machine

"...As worrying is interest paid on trouble, long before it's due..." - Steve Hackett - "Serpentine Song"


Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-03-2009, 10:47 PM
Renzor213 Renzor213 is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: West Detroit
Posts: 1
I picked up the Blu-Ray 5 pack and watched the final cut over a Christmas holiday visit to my brother's. We both agreed the music was a big part of the movie. We hadn't seen this movie in years, but noticed some memorable stuff in final cut missing, such as Rudger Hauer's "F" words and flying off into the sunset with Sean Young ending. Think I prefer the original release. Still a cool movie and agree Rudger Huaer's role was a big part of that.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-04-2009, 07:44 AM
Robie's Avatar
Robie Robie is offline
Immortality or Death!
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by wajobu View Post
Me too, wajobu! Unlike lots of older SF films, this one has held up well, music and all.
__________________
B&K Pro10MC ST-140 Rega Ela Planet Planar 2 Denon DL-103 Sony ST-J60 Naim NACA5 Chord Cobra
Sumo Athena Polaris McIntosh MA230 NAD 4020 Sony TA-2000F WMD6 Sherwood S-8900A S-7200 S-7100A HK 350i SI Super T ADS 710 200c 2002 Dynaco A-25 Genesis Model 10 EPI 70C InDignias
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-04-2009, 06:31 AM
ducati_EL34's Avatar
ducati_EL34 ducati_EL34 is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 127
Yes! The music is very good, however, it is the story that makes for an excellent movie.
__________________
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” -- Frank Sinatra
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-04-2009, 08:08 AM
slow_jazz's Avatar
slow_jazz slow_jazz is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SE Michigan, Downriver....
Posts: 148
I love the movie and feel the music is perfect for it.... I don't think it would be as good without it.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.