Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 10-22-2005, 02:10 PM
jcmjrt's Avatar
jcmjrt jcmjrt is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: S.F. Bay
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyC
There are about 20 movies in my list of five favorite movies, but if I HAD to choose just five movies they would be:

The Godfater
Blade Runner
A Clockwork Orange
Saving Private Ryan
The African Queen

...yeah Blade Runner and The African Queen are both great flicks. I can name five and then think of five more that should be on the list and...
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 10-22-2005, 08:26 PM
abone1999's Avatar
abone1999 abone1999 is offline
Andy
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Richmond, B.C.
Posts: 4
Apocalyse Now
To Kill A Mockingbird
Mystic River, Unforgiven, Million Dollar Baby (I know I am cheating here but yeah I think he is the finest living director, no special effects, just great directing and acting)
The Day The Earth Stood Still (50's B Sci Fi Movie that still holds up extremely well)
The French Connection
__________________
SF Power 2, SFL2, G-901, G-8000, Vector Research VRX-9000
Thorens TD150 MK II, AR XB, XA
Pioneer RT-1011
AR 58BX
B&W DM604 S3
B&W 302
B&W ASW300
B&W DM601 S3, B&W ASW500, B&W LCR60 S3, B&W DS6
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 10-23-2005, 02:30 PM
RussinOhio's Avatar
RussinOhio RussinOhio is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Westlake, Ohio
Posts: 120
Bridge On The River Kwai
Citizen Kane
Saving Private Ryan
The Right Stuff
Treasure Of The Seirra Madre

....I can never get tired of watching these movies.

Russ
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 10-23-2005, 03:56 PM
Jupiter1610's Avatar
Jupiter1610 Jupiter1610 is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Clackamas County, OR
Posts: 8
Hard to narrow it down but I'll give it a try -

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Lawrence of Arabia
Good Morning Vietnam
Back to the Future I
Dr. Strangelove

Runners-up include The Shining, PeeWee Herman's Big Adventure, Waiting for Guffman, Spinal Tap, Oh Brother Where Art Thou, Hard Days Night
__________________
''Music is your own experience, your own thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn. They teach you there's a boundary line to music. But, man, there's no boundary line to art.''
Charlie Parker
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 10-23-2005, 04:08 PM
Fishstink Fishstink is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 6
My Five?

1. On the Waterfront - Screenplay, Acting and Soundtrack.
2. Fried Green Tomatoes - Real men like this movie but when asked, will deny it.
3. Bride of Frankenstein - Classic
4. Godfather II - Better than I
5. Casablanca - This movie bombed when it came out.

1a. Smoke - with John Hurd. - Rent it.
2a. It's a Wonderful Life.
3a. The Unforgiven - One of the best westerns IMO.
4a. East of Eden - From John Steinbeck - James Dean at his brooding best.
5a. Halloween - The first one.

Many more and previous posts are right on too.
__________________
Fishstink
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #36  
Old 10-23-2005, 04:16 PM
2DualsNotEnough's Avatar
2DualsNotEnough 2DualsNotEnough is offline
The Goodbye Look
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Phoenix,AZ
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeO
American Beauty
Schindler's List
Before Sunset
Chasing Amy
High Fidelity
Can I just borrow your list?That would definetely be ONE of my top five lists!
Jimmy
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 10-23-2005, 04:22 PM
2DualsNotEnough's Avatar
2DualsNotEnough 2DualsNotEnough is offline
The Goodbye Look
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Phoenix,AZ
Posts: 308
Top five list in a popcorn kinda mood:

Seven Samurai
Dragon Forever
El Dorado
Iron Monkey
Aliens(the 2nd one.James Cameron!)
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 10-23-2005, 04:38 PM
2DualsNotEnough's Avatar
2DualsNotEnough 2DualsNotEnough is offline
The Goodbye Look
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Phoenix,AZ
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyman
Anybody ever see a foreign film named "El Topo"???

It's a bloody, allegorical Western that I haven't seen in 30 years.
I saw El Topo a few times about 20 years ago.I remember that the critic Pauline Kael used to call it "El Poto".
Jimmy
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 10-23-2005, 04:41 PM
2DualsNotEnough's Avatar
2DualsNotEnough 2DualsNotEnough is offline
The Goodbye Look
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Phoenix,AZ
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmboydoug
Don't forget The Player.
And if you love Altman,Id also add McCabe and Mrs. Miller,and Short Cuts.
Jimmy
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 10-23-2005, 07:34 PM
VintageNut's Avatar
VintageNut VintageNut is offline
Politically Incorrect
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 8
Let's see:

Deep Throat
Debbie does Dallas
The Devil in Miss Jones

wait....ooppppsss......sorry.....wrong forum..........
__________________
Consciousness: That Irritating Time Between Naps
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #41  
Old 10-23-2005, 09:07 PM
OvenMaster's Avatar
OvenMaster OvenMaster is offline
DTV blows
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Red Sox Nation
Posts: 565
Blade Runner
Batman Returns (c'mon, Michelle Pfeiffer in skintight leather? meow!)
La Femme Nikita (Luc Besson's original with Anne Parillaud)
The Fifth Element
Gonna cheat here and say any 007 movie with Sean Connery

Tom
__________________
Tom
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 10-24-2005, 12:48 PM
Holst's Avatar
Holst Holst is offline
<Mahler and Me
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: S Crow Wing Co. Minnesota
Posts: 217
I've changed my list 37 times just reading these lists.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 10-24-2005, 01:35 PM
Yamaha B-2 Yamaha B-2 is offline
registered user
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NJ Shore
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holst
I've changed my list 37 times just reading these lists.
Know exactly what you're saying. I'm compiling a list of movies I have to rent over the course of this winter while I'm inside. Will be some great entertainment.

BTW- that 'Healthy Choice' microwave popcorn is pretty good.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 10-24-2005, 01:54 PM
Bogframe's Avatar
Bogframe Bogframe is offline
Holy Pioneer!
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 103
Damn, if I have to narrow it down to five (dessert island movies?) they'd be:
Citzen Kane
Hey Good Looking (Ralph Bakshi)
Inncocent Blood (A nude Anne Parillaud as a vampire???)
My Favorite Year
Get Crazy (overlooked movie with brilliant casting and perfect comic timing)
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 10-24-2005, 02:09 PM
Duane's Avatar
Duane Duane is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 190
To Kill a Mockingbird
Dr. Zhivago
Schindler's List
Field of Dreams

and for just plain funny,don't have to think,slapstick stupid..

Revenge of the Pink Panther
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:14 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.