Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 04-20-2009, 07:27 PM
jimfet's Avatar
jimfet jimfet is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: N.C.
Posts: 63
The Captain Pike episode was one of the best.
__________________
I'm the one that's got to die, when it's time for me to die.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-20-2009, 07:30 PM
ducati_EL34's Avatar
ducati_EL34 ducati_EL34 is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie1210 View Post
First off...don't tell me what to "get over"....that's rude.
You say rude, I call it "blunt".

I told you to get over it, because rewriting Trek history is nothing new, and if you want to enjoy this movie, "getting over it" might help.

Quote:
Secondly...using time travel and alternate time scenarios to justify backstory differences can either be a good thing, or extremely cheesy.
That was not what happened in Enterprise. The trek history was rewritten in TNG and there is nothing that can be done about it. However, they did a good job of tying together the rewritten early history and up to TNG.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-20-2009, 07:33 PM
ducati_EL34's Avatar
ducati_EL34 ducati_EL34 is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimfet View Post
The Captain Pike episode was one of the best.
The story was great, the direction left something to be desired. Number 1 had less emotion than Commander Spock... I mean Spock even smiled.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-20-2009, 10:11 PM
tshoejohn's Avatar
tshoejohn tshoejohn is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Madison Hts, Mi.
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie1210 View Post
Seems to me that it will be missing one important thing:

CAPTAIN PIKE.

He was first to command the Enterprise.

Someone told me that they have sort of "re-written" Star Trek history.

If they have, it will SUCK big time.

I guess we will find out.
Cast and crew list for the movie "Captain Christopher Pike- Bruce Greenwood"
__________________
Bell Sound Labs: Bell 6060 "Carrilon", H/K TU610 Tuner, Fostex FE103E's (Folded Horn) Technics Sl-3200 TT, Velodyne CT-100, Infinity RSe.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-22-2009, 07:03 PM
Harvey/ Ga's Avatar
Harvey/ Ga Harvey/ Ga is offline
Harvey/ Ga
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cumming, Ga.
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by markc2 View Post
That olde outdated technology is the reason the Enterprise lasted for so long, maybe if they made 1701-D that way it would have lasted longer.

There I go taking this seriously. .......again.

The corvette scene, I think that had more to do with what they were saying about Kirk as a character. I think they are trying to make this movie somewhat "unlike" previous Star Trek pieces. Me, I am fine with that, so long as it is well done.
Hmmm..I wonder if anyone knows how they came up with 1701 for the ship number??
__________________
Harvey/ Ga

Yamaha CR-2020, Yamaha PX-3, Yamaha K-1020, Pioneer PD-59, Wharfedale W-60E
Marantz 2270, Pioneer PL-L1000, Mitsubishi DP-EC20, Denon DCD-620, Advent 5012/W
Pioneer SX-3800, Micro-Seiki BL-61, The Smaller Advent

Practical Devices XM-5, AKG-K240S, PMD430
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #36  
Old 04-23-2009, 08:45 AM
soundmotor's Avatar
soundmotor soundmotor is offline
super modified
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Just off the shoulder of Orion
Posts: 614
zombie1210, ducati_EL34, don't make me come taze you both!



Why don't you team up and supply a subtitle to this -

__________________
I took a hammer to a Regency TR-4, I was 6 at the time.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-23-2009, 08:57 AM
soundmotor's Avatar
soundmotor soundmotor is offline
super modified
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Just off the shoulder of Orion
Posts: 614
The only false start for me in the film is whom they chose for Scotty, Simon Pegg. I like Pegg but I don't see him in the role. All that said, I am pretty certain he will hit a home run and own the role from here on out. However, Paul McGillion would have been pitch perfect. Watched him enough on SG-Atlantis to feel he could have easily handled it. What's odd is that his name appears on the IMDB cast log for the new film and it turns out he was in the running for the role. I wonder what happened there? IMO, all of the characters do look plausible as young versions of the TOS cast w. the exception of Scotty. You can draw your own conclusions on Doohan, Pegg, & McGillion's resemblance -



__________________
I took a hammer to a Regency TR-4, I was 6 at the time.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-23-2009, 09:02 AM
cfranz's Avatar
cfranz cfranz is offline
Repressing my inner freak
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oak Park, Il
Posts: 58
Is anyone the least bit weirded out by Scotty being played by Simon Pegg?

Mind you, I think that Hot Fuzz was the funniest movie of that year and Shaun of the Dead the sillyist...
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-23-2009, 09:18 AM
ducati_EL34's Avatar
ducati_EL34 ducati_EL34 is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundmotor View Post
zombie1210, ducati_EL34, don't make me come taze you both!

Tell me that is not you!


Quote:
Why don't you team up and supply a subtitle to this -

I will pass...
__________________
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” -- Frank Sinatra
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 04-23-2009, 09:20 AM
soundmotor's Avatar
soundmotor soundmotor is offline
super modified
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Just off the shoulder of Orion
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfranz View Post

Is anyone the least bit weirded out by Scotty being played by Simon Pegg?
He's an odd pick IMO too but he must have shown something key to get the role.
__________________
I took a hammer to a Regency TR-4, I was 6 at the time.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #41  
Old 04-23-2009, 09:21 AM
soundmotor's Avatar
soundmotor soundmotor is offline
super modified
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Just off the shoulder of Orion
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducati_EL34 View Post

Tell me that is not you!
In know, the ears make me look fat.

Here I am again at the Tron anniversary party -

__________________
I took a hammer to a Regency TR-4, I was 6 at the time.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 04-23-2009, 12:10 PM
ducati_EL34's Avatar
ducati_EL34 ducati_EL34 is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundmotor View Post
[B]

Why don't you team up and supply a subtitle to this -

Oh alright...

I think this will be the right size for the big guy.
__________________
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” -- Frank Sinatra
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 04-23-2009, 05:59 PM
zombie1210's Avatar
zombie1210 zombie1210 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 164
One of my favorite episodes. And it has nothing to do with what Kirk has in his hands!
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 04-24-2009, 02:40 PM
Harvey/ Ga's Avatar
Harvey/ Ga Harvey/ Ga is offline
Harvey/ Ga
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cumming, Ga.
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie1210 View Post
One of my favorite episodes. And it has nothing to do with what Kirk has in his hands!
Msst have missed that one...name it. pls??
__________________
Harvey/ Ga

Yamaha CR-2020, Yamaha PX-3, Yamaha K-1020, Pioneer PD-59, Wharfedale W-60E
Marantz 2270, Pioneer PL-L1000, Mitsubishi DP-EC20, Denon DCD-620, Advent 5012/W
Pioneer SX-3800, Micro-Seiki BL-61, The Smaller Advent

Practical Devices XM-5, AKG-K240S, PMD430
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 04-24-2009, 06:00 PM
zombie1210's Avatar
zombie1210 zombie1210 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 164
The Corbomite Maneuver
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:35 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.