Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 08-07-2006, 04:18 PM
Earlsays's Avatar
Earlsays Earlsays is offline
Commander Cody Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Discovery Bay, CA
Posts: 34
The Greatest American Hero....Cheesy? Yes. I used to watch this show in re-runs in the early 90s afternoons after school....it was on before Gilligans Island...and let's not forget George Costanza's answering machine "Believe it or not, Geroge isn't at home...."

Oh, the theme to seinfeld....do do do do do do dooo do do do do do do do do dodo do do (puh) bunununu!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-07-2006, 04:24 PM
Andyman's Avatar
Andyman Andyman is offline
Scroungus Stereophilus
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North of Detroit, East of Grumpy. West of Kegger
Posts: 261
Can't believe no one's mentioned "The Batman Theme" by Neal Hefti from the old Adam West TV show.

Heck, it actually was a 45 and got airplay
__________________
I think the world is run by "C" students - Al McGuire
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-07-2006, 04:42 PM
fershure's Avatar
fershure fershure is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Kent, WA
Posts: 2
The theme from Barney Miller. Cool bass riff. Also The theme at the end of Sesame Street circa 1970. "Sesame Street was brought to you by the childrens television workshop"...then a cool funky tune would play. Lots of wah wah pedal action. Almost like pRon music I'm trying to find a recording of it.

Thomas
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-07-2006, 05:27 PM
fotno's Avatar
fotno fotno is offline
Canis Major
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Buzzardtown, NC
Posts: 118
I'll second the Barney Miller mention, very cool little walking line!

I have to put in a vote for The Rockford Files, and Simon & Simon too.
__________________
Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-07-2006, 05:41 PM
ekmanning5's Avatar
ekmanning5 ekmanning5 is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: geneva il.
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by fotno
I have to put in a vote for The Rockford Files, and Simon & Simon too.
Man! I missed it by 4 minutes. The Rockford Files was what I was going to say.
__________________
Ed
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #21  
Old 08-07-2006, 06:07 PM
Dusty Chalk
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by fershure
The theme from Barney Miller. Cool bass riff.
Thirded. One of the first moments that came to mind for this thread.

Also dig:

I Spy -- the moment right as the three gunshots sounded and it went a little harder and rhythmic.

Dark Shadows -- theremin!

opening few notes of Angel -- I always pleasantly anticipate that door coming off its hinges. I always liked this theme, from the first time I heard it. The use of cello/violin/viola/whatever that instrument is, is brilliant. I think it sets exactly the mood that the show is going for.

And yeah, "one banana two banana three banana four..." I have a t-shirt that says "One tequila two tequila three tequila floor" that always brings a smile to my face.

Last edited by Dusty Chalk; 08-07-2006 at 07:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-07-2006, 06:57 PM
natedogg643's Avatar
natedogg643 natedogg643 is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlsays
The Greatest American Hero....Cheesy? Yes.
Seconded! When I was about 8 or 9, this was my favorite song, and I wanted to play it so much that my parents (who had the LP) gave it to me to play in my room upstairs on my Yorx all-in-one so they wouldn't have to listen to it so much...
I also have fond memories of the MacGyver theme
And of course, the Simpsons theme can't be overlooked
__________________
H/K 430 - KLH 17 - Technics SL-1600MKII - Toshiba 3990 - Yamaha K-350
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-07-2006, 07:04 PM
jlindsey86's Avatar
jlindsey86 jlindsey86 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 44
"where everybody knows your name"
__________________
Main System: Pioneer SA-9100, Pioneer TX-9100, Pioneer Elite PD-59, Pioneer Elite CLD-79, Pioneer Elite DV-47Ai, JBL Decade L36's
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-07-2006, 08:43 PM
KeninDC's Avatar
KeninDC KeninDC is offline
speedfreak jive
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax City, Virginia
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk

Dark Shadows -- theremin!
Far out.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-07-2006, 08:47 PM
Mr Slabi
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I just had to ask the wife about another one I remembered. I mentioned this thread and me cranking up the opening music to a TV show we used to watch a while back....

She blurted out VEGAS without even batting an eye. "A little less conversation"
That remix was pretty cool.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #26  
Old 08-07-2006, 09:13 PM
Earlsays's Avatar
Earlsays Earlsays is offline
Commander Cody Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Discovery Bay, CA
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by natedogg643
Seconded! When I was about 8 or 9, this was my favorite song, and I wanted to play it so much that my parents (who had the LP) gave it to me to play in my room upstairs on my Yorx all-in-one so they wouldn't have to listen to it so much...
I also have fond memories of the MacGyver theme
And of course, the Simpsons theme can't be overlooked
Just to be a jerk about things, I thought I'd mention....the theme to....BEAVIS AND BUTT-HEAD
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-07-2006, 09:37 PM
soundmotor's Avatar
soundmotor soundmotor is offline
super modified
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Just off the shoulder of Orion
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G
What are some of yr favorite TV themes/Music ? Doesn't necessarily have to be the opening theme, just a bar or 2 that was played in the show. F'r instance, the "Tender love" theme in the original "Star Trek"- They played it for Mr Spock in that episode w/the funky plants that shot spores & Spock got emotions. They played it every time Jill Ireland's character, Spock's G/F comes around. Another one of my faves was the opening theme from "Crime Story", a bitchin' Version of "Runaway" by Del Shannon. Sadly, Shannon killed himself not long after the show was on the air. One of the prettiest TV themes was Dominic Frontiere's score for the 1975 TV movie "THe Black Dahlia", starring Lucy Arnaz, & Efrem Zimbalist, Jr., about a famous 1947 murder in Los Angeles that was never really solved. And, going back a little, I LOVED "The Banana Splits' "Tra-La-La" song from 1969, when I was a kid. What are some of yours?
Lost in Space (B&W era)
Peter Gunn
Adams Family
Wild, Wild, West
Miami Vice
H.R. PuffnStuff

The rest were already mentioned -

Banana Splits (Absolutely! I recall being yelled at on a car trip for endlessly singing it. "One banana, two banana, three banana, four.....")
Batman
Munsters
Secret Agent
Hawaii 5-0
Crime Story

Nothing current though strikes a chord.
__________________
I took a hammer to a Regency TR-4, I was 6 at the time.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-07-2006, 09:40 PM
cosmicdust's Avatar
cosmicdust cosmicdust is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Maidens, Va
Posts: 12
Hi Guys,

I love the following :-

1. Hawaii Five O.
2. SWAT.
3. COMBAT! Great, great show. I still watch this show. Sergeant Saunders, Little John, Kirby, Doc and Lt. Rick Jason.

All three theme songs above were played by my Alma Mater's marching Band!

4. Paladin. They don't show this anymore and I miss it. Have Gun Will Travel.
5. Happy Days with the Fonz.
6. Lucky Luke. 'Twas an old French cowboy cartoon show. I liked the theme song.

Thanks :-)
cosmicdust.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-07-2006, 09:45 PM
soundmotor's Avatar
soundmotor soundmotor is offline
super modified
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Just off the shoulder of Orion
Posts: 614
My absolute fave.....

"Here we come, walkin'
Down the street.
We get the funniest looks from
Ev'ry one we meet.
Hey, hey, we're the Monkees
And people say we monkey around.
But we're too busy singing
To put anybody down."
__________________
I took a hammer to a Regency TR-4, I was 6 at the time.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-07-2006, 09:47 PM
donoghue donoghue is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Home of the "Little" 500
Posts: 75
I like the X-Files theme, its perfect for that show and the opening credit sequence, guess thats why they didn't change it for so many years. I see your Cheers nomination and raise you one Family Ties, gotta love those eighties sitcoms...or not.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:06 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.