Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 06-01-2010, 03:39 PM
Kalamazoo-DJ's Avatar
Kalamazoo-DJ Kalamazoo-DJ is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kalamazoo Michigan Area
Posts: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB5pro View Post
I think a big part of the shows success is due to the incredible music that opened it. I can't imagine topping that sound. I like the intro and it's music in every way. The best part is when the helicopter camera zooms in to the penthouse balcony to find Jack Lord turning around at the same moment always ready for the perfect close-up.
Does anybody know the name of that hotel? I bet it is still there.
It is still there, at least was in 2008 they mention it in the tribute to Jack Lord in the series collection I think it was the Hawaiian Paradise but cant be positive I know the HPD cop Duke actually still owns the famous Mercury and drives it around Hawaii.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-02-2010, 02:49 PM
JB5pro JB5pro is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 616
I found out the hotel is The Ilikai and is said to be mostly condo but there as it was with ads that it is a hotel and suite deal.
That is cute that somebody still uses the Mercury. I would guess it is the later model one. The original '68 prolly got auctioned off and lost, just a guess.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-02-2010, 08:50 PM
Kalamazoo-DJ's Avatar
Kalamazoo-DJ Kalamazoo-DJ is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kalamazoo Michigan Area
Posts: 342
Ah... I didn't recall what the hotel was, Wofat (the Chinese agent) was named after an actual local bar and grill called Wofat's in Honolulu. As a once serious fan of the show I own an authentic portrait of Jack Lord waiting to be seated at Wofat's for dinner. that picture now hangs behind my Philco roundie. But as far as the 68 mercury it was supposedly exploded in a scene and then they switched it to a 74 and then later to a newer model mercury .
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-05-2010, 01:41 PM
spinkick spinkick is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 1
I'd love to see your Wo-Fat photo.
Regarding the 68 Mercury. it is alive and well in Chicago. I have driven it myself. The 74 belongs to JL's stunt double and lives on Oahu. The 67 from the pilot episode(2 door model) however was a Hertz rental and is long gone. Check out my website
http://www.hawaiifive0.org
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-05-2010, 03:21 PM
Kalamazoo-DJ's Avatar
Kalamazoo-DJ Kalamazoo-DJ is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kalamazoo Michigan Area
Posts: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinkick View Post
I'd love to see your Wo-Fat photo.
Regarding the 68 Mercury. it is alive and well in Chicago. I have driven it myself. The 74 belongs to JL's stunt double and lives on Oahu. The 67 from the pilot episode(2 door model) however was a Hertz rental and is long gone. Check out my website
http://www.hawaiifive0.org
You will have to excuse the flashbulb but here it is. I also have a check cashed by JL And yes I have already visited your page beforehand, it's very good!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 840A0821.JPG (61.6 KB, 39 views)

Last edited by Kalamazoo-DJ; 06-05-2010 at 03:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #21  
Old 06-11-2010, 01:15 AM
JB5pro JB5pro is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 616
I can understand being a fan of the show although I never got to see it very much. I expect I will as time goes by. That is a great photo of Jack Lord. He sure has an intriguing presence... very cool. I heard he once dated Tina Louise. Probably been with many more women than he can remember.

Hi, spinkick! Welcome to a great group of people! I love your website! That is great to hear about the cars. Did the one you drove have all the options? I always thought it was totally cool to see Barnaby Jones driving similar cars with the factory sun/moonroof. I think Canon had a sunroof mark IV or two. I am kinda obsessed with getting a big Mark IV with a sun or moonroof.

Last edited by JB5pro; 06-11-2010 at 01:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-12-2010, 12:15 PM
Kalamazoo-DJ's Avatar
Kalamazoo-DJ Kalamazoo-DJ is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kalamazoo Michigan Area
Posts: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB5pro View Post
I can understand being a fan of the show although I never got to see it very much. I expect I will as time goes by. That is a great photo of Jack Lord. He sure has an intriguing presence... very cool. I heard he once dated Tina Louise. Probably been with many more women than he can remember.

Hi, spinkick! Welcome to a great group of people! I love your website! That is great to hear about the cars. Did the one you drove have all the options? I always thought it was totally cool to see Barnaby Jones driving similar cars with the factory sun/moonroof. I think Canon had a sunroof mark IV or two. I am kinda obsessed with getting a big Mark IV with a sun or moonroof.
thanks, I was bidding on a copper clad wall hanging JL hand made for some friends in Hawaii but it started at $350.00 and ended around $4,000.00 so I lost at $750.00 of course, I always liked the 77-79 marks they had some real class and looked like a ship from the end of the hood to the windshield.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-12-2010, 12:28 PM
JB5pro JB5pro is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalamazoo-DJ View Post
thanks, I was bidding on a copper clad wall hanging JL hand made for some friends in Hawaii but it started at $350.00 and ended around $4,000.00 so I lost at $750.00 of course, I always liked the 77-79 marks they had some real class and looked like a ship from the end of the hood to the windshield.
$4,000.! I wish my budget would allow such luxuries. That would be cool to have something he made if it could be proven to be from him.
I have a friend that has a '79 dark blue in/out Collector Series Mark V with the sunroof I can buy kinda cheap but I really like the Mark IV styling better partly because it is a tiny bit shorter or at least it looks a tiny bit smaller even though I guess it is same basic size minus like a 1/2" in bumper length but I will prolly end up gettin it anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-12-2010, 12:51 PM
AUdubon5425's Avatar
AUdubon5425 AUdubon5425 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Picayune, Miss.
Posts: 1,769
I measured the length of the hood on a Mark V I owned years ago - 6 feet from the windshield to the edge of the header panel.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-12-2010, 12:56 PM
Kalamazoo-DJ's Avatar
Kalamazoo-DJ Kalamazoo-DJ is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kalamazoo Michigan Area
Posts: 342
Oh it was his he signed it and everything, it had the names of his friends carved in it that was the only drawback we wouldn't know who they were.You can still find things from his estate online for sale but they go pretty high in most cases, I paid $45.00 in the auction for his cashed check and that was the cheapest one auctioned.As far as the Marks go I would take any of them except the late 80's/90's with the short trunk the airbag systems were junk.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #26  
Old 06-26-2010, 09:05 AM
Kalamazoo-DJ's Avatar
Kalamazoo-DJ Kalamazoo-DJ is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kalamazoo Michigan Area
Posts: 342
I just noticed in the earlier series Jl said "book em Dano" then never did it again until 6th and 7th series but then it was only once or twice.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-22-2010, 07:51 PM
Kalamazoo-DJ's Avatar
Kalamazoo-DJ Kalamazoo-DJ is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kalamazoo Michigan Area
Posts: 342
Theme changed on season 7 it is actually a bit longer and the scene changed to HFD in place of Kono/Ben in two episodes
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-19-2010, 10:52 AM
JB5pro JB5pro is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalamazoo-DJ View Post
Theme changed on season 7 it is actually a bit longer and the scene changed to HFD in place of Kono/Ben in two episodes
I love the details you bring up. I saw a clip of the new one... wrong as I might be it looked typically awful.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-26-2010, 10:12 PM
Kalamazoo-DJ's Avatar
Kalamazoo-DJ Kalamazoo-DJ is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kalamazoo Michigan Area
Posts: 342
I agree! I watched a trailer of it the sarcastic, cocky one liners are pretty evident with the new characters, something that would have been considered rude and out of line totally in the original. Which to me shows disrespect for the "Job" at Five O.
It reminds me of a cross between Die Hard and Seinfeld. Maybe I am wrong also, but the more I see the more I think it will flop. There is too much of the same ole cheap shot, all bout myself characters in the modern tv shows.This one seems to chase right after it.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-29-2010, 11:20 AM
Kalamazoo-DJ's Avatar
Kalamazoo-DJ Kalamazoo-DJ is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kalamazoo Michigan Area
Posts: 342
This could be considered political but in series seven McGarret makes a quote you will never hear these days!

" I am sorry you can try to intimidate me MR, but I will never have anything to do with Communist China or the things it sends my way, not ever"

No political correct venues in that script.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:33 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.