Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 07-03-2009, 04:23 PM
goraman goraman is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kalifornski,USA
Posts: 46
I thought I was the only one to watch this stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-03-2009, 09:30 PM
Glen B's Avatar
Glen B Glen B is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artie View Post
If it wasn't for Brit-coms, I probably wouldn't watch TV. "Yes, Prime Minister", "Keeping Up Appearances", "Are You Being Served?", "The Thin Blue Line", "Waiting For God", "As Time Goes By", and of course . . . "Fawlty Towers".

I love this stuff. Anyone else?
I've watched Are You Being Served, Keeping Up Appearances, and Fawlty Towers in the past. I eventually grew tired of the reruns, although once in a while when there's nothing else interesting on TV, I will watch Keeping Up Appearances. I've also been a longtime fan of The Eastenders, having watched the soap for more than 20 years.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-03-2009, 09:33 PM
OvenMaster's Avatar
OvenMaster OvenMaster is offline
DTV blows
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Red Sox Nation
Posts: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artie View Post
If it wasn't for Brit-coms, I probably wouldn't watch TV. "Yes, Prime Minister", "Keeping Up Appearances", "Are You Being Served?", "The Thin Blue Line", "Waiting For God", "As Time Goes By", and of course . . . "Fawlty Towers".

I love this stuff. Anyone else?
My local PBS outlet plays "Keeping Up Appearances" and "Waiting For God".
Over and over and over and over again. They haven't shown any others for at least five years.
__________________
Tom
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-04-2009, 01:09 AM
wilkes85 wilkes85 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Central Saskatchewan
Posts: 103
Are You Being Served? is a good show. I got every episode on tape lol... I recorded them back when it used to be on TV. I even got the episodes that were apparently banned from airplay, but somehow made it's way on TV anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-04-2009, 06:59 AM
Artie's Avatar
Artie Artie is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Jacksonville, Fl
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by OvenMaster View Post
My local PBS outlet plays "Keeping Up Appearances" and "Waiting For God".
Over and over and over and over again. They haven't shown any others for at least five years.
Yeah . . . thats a definite problem around here also. Many of the shows that are listed in this thread, I've never heard of. It would be nice if they could show more variety.
__________________
Sony TA-5650, Sony TC-K700ES, Technics ST-7300, Technics SL-1400 MKII/Grado ZF-3, Nakamichi CR-5, Yamaha NS-1000M's.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #21  
Old 07-04-2009, 11:53 AM
screenersam's Avatar
screenersam screenersam is offline
mostly harmless
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 75
I liked the original 'Blackadder', where he and Lord Percy are dufuses and the peasant Baldrick is the only one with half a brain. after S1 they gave Blackadder the half-brain and made Balrick just another dopey henchman...Young Ones was pretty good.
'Fall and Rise of Reginal Perrin'. just saw bits and pieces but what I saw was pretty darn good.
__________________
"God is not afraid of the 21st century. He knew it was coming."
T. Shawyer
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-04-2009, 02:03 PM
RobShaz's Avatar
RobShaz RobShaz is offline
MiniDisc Loyalist
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by screenersam View Post
I liked the original 'Blackadder', where he and Lord Percy are dufuses and the peasant Baldrick is the only one with half a brain. after S1 they gave Blackadder the half-brain and made Balrick just another dopey henchman...Young Ones was pretty good.
I do too, but the humour is a lot more subtle. It gets very funny after a few watchings. Young Ones has dated terribly. Some of the Comic Strips with the same guys are a much better representation of the '80s alternative comedy scene.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-04-2009, 03:14 PM
BOUXY's Avatar
BOUXY BOUXY is offline
Vintage Bouxy Audio
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: WPG,MB CANADA
Posts: 15
Thumbs up Waiting for god:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artie View Post
If it wasn't for Brit-coms, I probably wouldn't watch TV. "Yes, Prime Minister", "Keeping Up Appearances", "Are You Being Served?", "The Thin Blue Line", "Waiting For God", "As Time Goes By", and of course . . . "Fawlty Towers".

I love this stuff. Anyone else?
"Waiting for god" is that the same as "Heaven can wait" or a different show?.................Rick
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-04-2009, 03:44 PM
jimmymagick jimmymagick is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Oak Park, IL
Posts: 29
I think probably the funniest show now on TV is BBCAmerica's Top Gear.

Not really a Britcom but it has that dry Brit humor (or "humour").

For Britcoms, it has to be Brilliant, That Mitchell And Webb Look and, of course, Black Adder.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-05-2009, 03:30 PM
prisoners's Avatar
prisoners prisoners is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Oak Park, Il
Posts: 62
I think the BBC version of The Office is FAR superior to ours, and Extras (also with Ricky Gervais) is very funny as well.
__________________
Project One w Blue Point #2/Tube Box/AES AE-3/Accuphase P-300/Meadowlark Shearwater HRs
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #26  
Old 07-05-2009, 04:03 PM
Andyman's Avatar
Andyman Andyman is offline
Scroungus Stereophilus
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North of Detroit, East of Grumpy. West of Kegger
Posts: 261
What?? 25 posts and no mention of Monty Python or Benny Hill???
__________________
I think the world is run by "C" students - Al McGuire
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-05-2009, 04:34 PM
RobShaz's Avatar
RobShaz RobShaz is offline
MiniDisc Loyalist
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by prisoners View Post
I think the BBC version of The Office is FAR superior to ours, and Extras (also with Ricky Gervais) is very funny as well.
I have to disagree. The UK Office doesn't come close to the US version. The UK one is too dark and depressing, limiting the appeal of the characters.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-05-2009, 04:45 PM
prisoners's Avatar
prisoners prisoners is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Oak Park, Il
Posts: 62
Hell I LIKE dark and depressing! It is about a workplace after all...!
__________________
Project One w Blue Point #2/Tube Box/AES AE-3/Accuphase P-300/Meadowlark Shearwater HRs
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-05-2009, 04:45 PM
Darkspeed's Avatar
Darkspeed Darkspeed is offline
Keepin' Signals Hot...
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 10
Canadian citizenship revoked!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobShaz View Post
I have to disagree. The UK Office doesn't come close to the US version. The UK one is too dark and depressing, limiting the appeal of the characters.
Wrong. The US version bites. Lacks the original subtleties in the David Brent character as well as any GOOD humour whatsoever. How could you even compare!!!!!!! Thread closed?

Kidding. But I prefer the UK one. I hate bad American rip-off versions.
__________________
Darkspeed Stark Designs SR-2A
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-05-2009, 07:45 PM
dew042's Avatar
dew042 dew042 is offline
Magically delicious
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Next door.
Posts: 48
Love Black Adder, Red Dwarf, Allo Allo, Flawty Towers.

I agree with the comment that Little Britain is pretty unfunny. I tried like three episodes before I gave up.

dew.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:12 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.