Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 05-30-2008, 08:02 AM
ozmoid's Avatar
ozmoid ozmoid is offline
Resident Frog
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 111
Tom Hanks in Joe VS the Volcano:

Joe Banks: You look terrible, Mr. Waturi. You look like a bag of shit stuffed in a cheap suit. Not that anyone could look good under these zombie lights. I, I, I, I can feel them sucking the juice out of my eyeball. Suck, suck, suck, SUCK... For 300 bucks a week, that's the news. For 300 bucks a week, I've lived in this sink, this used rubber.

Mr. Waturi: You watch it, mister! There's a woman here!

Joe Banks: Don't you think I know that, Frank? Don't you think I am aware there is a woman here? I can smell her, like a flower. I can taste her, like sugar on my tongue. When I'm 20 feet away I can hear the fabric of her dress when she moves in her chair!
__________________

Nothing outside you can ever give you what you're looking for. I'm gone fishing... see you at the pond.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-30-2008, 08:27 AM
caddisgeek's Avatar
caddisgeek caddisgeek is offline
sorry.......what?
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Southwest Vic, Australia
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickr15 View Post
As long as were on a Clint theme.

"I know what you're thinking punk. You're thinking did he fire six shots or only five. And to tell you the truth I forgot myself in all this excitement. But being this is a 44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question. Do I feel lucky? Well do you, punk?"

Or the ever popular

"A mans got to know his limitations"
Beat me too it!

Tom Joad

"............I'll be there.....!"
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-30-2008, 08:32 AM
Filmboydoug's Avatar
Filmboydoug Filmboydoug is offline
Nikko Freako
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Willamette Valley
Posts: 131
Jack Burton from Big Trouble In Little China:

You just listen to the old Pork Chop Express and take his advice on a dark and stormy night when some wild-eyed eight foot tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against a bar room wall, looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if you've paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker in the eye and remember what ol' Jack Burton always says. 'Have you paid your dues, Jack?'
'Yes sir the check is in the mail.'
__________________
___________________

ACHOO!!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-30-2008, 08:40 AM
Filmboydoug's Avatar
Filmboydoug Filmboydoug is offline
Nikko Freako
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Willamette Valley
Posts: 131
Or:

Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says, "Give me your best shot. I can take it."
__________________
___________________

ACHOO!!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-30-2008, 09:05 AM
markc2's Avatar
markc2 markc2 is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: a Yankee in TX
Posts: 94
The Day the Earth Stood Still.
(1951)

Klaatu: I am leaving soon, and you will forgive me if I speak bluntly. The universe grows smaller every day, and the threat of aggression by any group, anywhere, can no longer be tolerated. There must be security for all, or no one is secure. Now, this does not mean giving up any freedom, except the freedom to act irresponsibly. Your ancestors knew this when they made laws to govern themselves and hired policemen to enforce them. We, of the other planets, have long accepted this principle. We have an organization for the mutual protection of all planets and for the complete elimination of aggression. The test of any such higher authority is, of course, the police force that supports it. For our policemen, we created a race of robots. Their function is to patrol the planets in spaceships like this one and preserve the peace. In matters of aggression, we have given them absolute power over us. This power cannot be revoked. At the first sign of violence, they act automatically against the aggressor. The penalty for provoking their action is too terrible to risk. The result is, we live in peace, without arms or armies, secure in the knowledge that we are free from aggression and war. Free to pursue more... profitable enterprises. Now, we do not pretend to have achieved perfection, but we do have a system, and it works. I came here to give you these facts. It is no concern of ours how you run your own planet, but if you threaten to extend your violence, this Earth of yours will be reduced to a burned-out cinder. Your choice is simple: join us and live in peace, or pursue your present course and face obliteration. We shall be waiting for your answer. The decision rests with you.
__________________


Quad ESL-63 USA Monitors * Nordost SPM * MC275mkV * Magnan Vi xlr * C220 * Magnan Vi * 834P Deluxe * LP12/ Ittok VII & Lyra Skala *
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #21  
Old 05-30-2008, 09:25 AM
SA-708's Avatar
SA-708 SA-708 is offline
Fluroscan Fan
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NE Tennessee
Posts: 12
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-30-2008, 10:45 AM
markc2's Avatar
markc2 markc2 is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: a Yankee in TX
Posts: 94
Jefferson Smith : Mr. Smith Goes To Washington

Just get up off the ground, that's all I ask. Get up there with that lady that's up on top of this Capitol dome, that lady that stands for liberty. Take a look at this country through her eyes if you really want to see something. And you won't just see scenery; you'll see the whole parade of what Man's carved out for himself, after centuries of fighting. Fighting for something better than just jungle law, fighting so's he can stand on his own two feet, free and decent, like he was created, no matter what his race, color, or creed. That's what you'd see. There's no place out there for graft, or greed, or lies, or compromise with human liberties. And, uh, if that's what the grownups have done with this world that was given to them, then we'd better get those boys' camps started fast and see what the kids can do. And it's not too late, because this country is bigger than the Taylors, or you, or me, or anything else. Great principles don't get lost once they come to light. They're right here; you just have to see them again!
__________________


Quad ESL-63 USA Monitors * Nordost SPM * MC275mkV * Magnan Vi xlr * C220 * Magnan Vi * 834P Deluxe * LP12/ Ittok VII & Lyra Skala *
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-30-2008, 02:04 PM
MAXZ28's Avatar
MAXZ28 MAXZ28 is offline
Can't Get Enough Cowbell
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Down The Alley, MN
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA-708 View Post
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-30-2008, 02:43 PM
OvenMaster's Avatar
OvenMaster OvenMaster is offline
DTV blows
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Red Sox Nation
Posts: 565
"You don't win a war by dying for your country. You win a war by making the other poor bastard die for his country!"

George C. Scott as General Patton in Patton

Tom
__________________
Tom
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-30-2008, 03:34 PM
roadie1's Avatar
roadie1 roadie1 is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chillicothe, OH
Posts: 9
"There's gotta be a hundred years of law experience sitting at this very table. My staff has flunked the bar exam six times."

Matt Damon as Rudy Baylor in "The Rainmaker"

.................R1
__________________
I'm Gonzo dammit
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #26  
Old 05-30-2008, 03:41 PM
similost's Avatar
similost similost is offline
Rockin and Rollin....
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Alexandria VA
Posts: 223
To Infinity and Beyond!!!

Buck Rodgers
__________________
Big ass speakers with too much power, and nowhere to go fast...
Altec A7-500; Peavey SUB118-HC
Modded Quicksilver 8417 Mono Amps; Tapco J1400
Behringer MX2004X; Tapco T-231; Peavey VSX; Pioneer SR-303
Technics SL-1200MKII; Pioneer RT-701; Yamaha CDX-1030; KLH Model 18
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-30-2008, 03:46 PM
pioneer54's Avatar
pioneer54 pioneer54 is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: blenheim ontario canada
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by OvenMaster View Post
"You don't win a war by dying for your country. You win a war by making the other poor bastard die for his country!"

George C. Scott as General Patton in Patton

Tom
i don't know the quote verbatim, but it's to the russian general
"i'll drink to that, one son of a bitch to another"
__________________
to fish
or not to fish?
what a stupid question.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-30-2008, 04:27 PM
markc2's Avatar
markc2 markc2 is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: a Yankee in TX
Posts: 94
V: Would you... dance with me?
Evey Hammond: Now? On the eve of your revolution?
V: A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having!

Interrogator: I am instructed to inform you that you have been convicted by special tribunal and that unless you are ready to offer your cooperation you are to be executed. Do you understand what I'm telling you?
Evey Hammond: Yes.
Interrogator: Are you ready to cooperate?
Evey Hammond: No.
Interrogator: Very well. Escort Ms. Hammond back to her cell. Arrange a detail of six men and take her out behind the chemical shed and shoot her.
Guard: It's time.
Evey Hammond: I'm ready.
Guard: Look all they want is one little piece of information, just give them something, anything.
Evey Hammond: Thank you, but I'd rather die behind the chemical sheds.
Guard: Then you have no fear any more. You're completely free.
__________________


Quad ESL-63 USA Monitors * Nordost SPM * MC275mkV * Magnan Vi xlr * C220 * Magnan Vi * 834P Deluxe * LP12/ Ittok VII & Lyra Skala *
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-30-2008, 04:31 PM
Scorpion8's Avatar
Scorpion8 Scorpion8 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Juneau, AK
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayW View Post
While I'm not really much of a Keanu fan, I liked the huddle speech at the end of The Replacements even if the last bit is recycled...

"I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever."

Ray
That's a good one!
__________________
Retired USN.
"Good ........ bad ........ I'm the guy with the gun." Ash, Army of Darkness
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-30-2008, 06:01 PM
6thumbs's Avatar
6thumbs 6thumbs is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 52
(Come with me if you want to live) ,,Arnold
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:51 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.