Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 02-15-2008, 02:07 PM
DougMac's Avatar
DougMac DougMac is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Juliette, GA
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmsummer View Post
"Once"

"O Brother Where Art Thou?"
What he said. Why am I not surprised we'd agree?

There have been other fine movies mentioned ("Commitments").

I just have to add another: "A Hard Days Night".

Doug
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-15-2008, 02:41 PM
vinyldavid's Avatar
vinyldavid vinyldavid is offline
EFSP
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Creve Coeur, Missouri, USA
Posts: 239
"O Brother Where Art Thou"
"Woodstock"
"The Blues Brothers"
"The Music Man"
Not sure if this counts, but I sure do love this movie:
"The Sound of Music" :ducks for cover:
__________________
Denon, Mackie, Lenco, JBL, Onkyo, Crown, Tascam, Teac, Otari, Ampex, Pro-Ject, Kenwood, Technics, Sound Engineering Labs, Apple, PreSonus, Panasonic, Shure, Realistic and JVC spoken here
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-15-2008, 02:44 PM
Divotdog's Avatar
Divotdog Divotdog is offline
"I can fix it Grampa"
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Boise Idaho
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snade View Post
The movie "Almost Famous" (2000) has an excellent soundtrack and is a great movie about 70's rock bands. The new music by Stillwater is also good.

Cheers, Snade
__________________
Mel

Vinyl~AT440-MLa~Thorens TD-145 Mk II~Modded Dynaco PAS-3~Adcom GFA 545II~Klipsch Heresy~Ears
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-15-2008, 03:05 PM
MisterManly MisterManly is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 1
The Big Chill.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-15-2008, 03:31 PM
dr*audio's Avatar
dr*audio dr*audio is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 93
I forgot "That Thing You do."
__________________
Warren

"No choice for sugar, but what choice could there be,
But to drown in coffee, or drown in tea?"
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #21  
Old 02-15-2008, 03:33 PM
Mystic's Avatar
Mystic Mystic is offline
AK Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Gabriel Valley
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr*audio View Post
"Across The Universe"
"You Can't Do That; the Making of A Hard Day's Night"
"A Hard Day's Night"
"The Rose"
"Woodstock"
"Let It Be"
"School of Rock"
I'm with you one this one. Filmed concerts & rockumentary productions aside, it's difficult to imagine an original film score that's better than what's presented in A Hard Day's Night. Except maybe the soundtrack to Bill Asher's magnum opus How To Stuff A Wild Bikini (1965).
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-15-2008, 03:35 PM
similost's Avatar
similost similost is offline
Rockin and Rollin....
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Alexandria VA
Posts: 223
WOAH.. I can't believe I get to name some of the best 3 of all time that haven't been mentioned...

The Song Ramains the Same
Sgt. Peppers
Purple Rain

I won't even mention Yellow Submarine was also forgotten..

Those are probably my 3 all time favorites (short of the one I didn't mention )
__________________
Big ass speakers with too much power, and nowhere to go fast...
Altec A7-500; Peavey SUB118-HC
Modded Quicksilver 8417 Mono Amps; Tapco J1400
Behringer MX2004X; Tapco T-231; Peavey VSX; Pioneer SR-303
Technics SL-1200MKII; Pioneer RT-701; Yamaha CDX-1030; KLH Model 18
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-15-2008, 03:36 PM
similost's Avatar
similost similost is offline
Rockin and Rollin....
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Alexandria VA
Posts: 223
OH...

and not a single mention of Tommy? THE ULTIMATE rock opera... slackin people.. slackin...
__________________
Big ass speakers with too much power, and nowhere to go fast...
Altec A7-500; Peavey SUB118-HC
Modded Quicksilver 8417 Mono Amps; Tapco J1400
Behringer MX2004X; Tapco T-231; Peavey VSX; Pioneer SR-303
Technics SL-1200MKII; Pioneer RT-701; Yamaha CDX-1030; KLH Model 18
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-15-2008, 03:47 PM
Snade's Avatar
Snade Snade is offline
humble AK member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago burbs - DuPage county
Posts: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmsummer View Post
"Once"
Great movie and music.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-15-2008, 03:54 PM
similost's Avatar
similost similost is offline
Rockin and Rollin....
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Alexandria VA
Posts: 223
Oh.. I do gotta admit I like the West Side Story now that I got older and can appreciate it.. .
__________________
Big ass speakers with too much power, and nowhere to go fast...
Altec A7-500; Peavey SUB118-HC
Modded Quicksilver 8417 Mono Amps; Tapco J1400
Behringer MX2004X; Tapco T-231; Peavey VSX; Pioneer SR-303
Technics SL-1200MKII; Pioneer RT-701; Yamaha CDX-1030; KLH Model 18
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #26  
Old 02-15-2008, 05:18 PM
cubdog cubdog is offline
banging through drywall
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Oregon IL.
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinyldavid View Post
"O Brother Where Art Thou"
"Woodstock"
"The Blues Brothers"
"The Music Man"
Not sure if this counts, but I sure do love this movie:
"The Sound of Music" :ducks for cover:
I'm a closet TSOM fan. I think I just outed myself.

cubdog
__________________
Adcom GFA-555II-DQ-10
Yamaha CR-2020-Dynaco A-25
Onix SP3-Klipsch Cornwall
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-15-2008, 05:22 PM
vinyldavid's Avatar
vinyldavid vinyldavid is offline
EFSP
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Creve Coeur, Missouri, USA
Posts: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by similost View Post
Oh.. I do gotta admit I like the West Side Story now that I got older and can appreciate it.. .
:slaps head: HOW DID I FORGET THAT? I actually play that sound track as a demo record sometimes!

Oh yeah, just putting this out there, I LOVE MUSICALS!
__________________
Denon, Mackie, Lenco, JBL, Onkyo, Crown, Tascam, Teac, Otari, Ampex, Pro-Ject, Kenwood, Technics, Sound Engineering Labs, Apple, PreSonus, Panasonic, Shure, Realistic and JVC spoken here
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-15-2008, 05:46 PM
markmarc's Avatar
markmarc markmarc is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 3
1. Almost Famous

2. Quadrophenia

3. Vision Quest

4. The Big Chill
__________________
Founder/Publisher Emeritus Affordable$$Audio

Staff Writer TONEAudio
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-15-2008, 05:47 PM
caddisgeek's Avatar
caddisgeek caddisgeek is offline
sorry.......what?
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Southwest Vic, Australia
Posts: 59
I'm with Mark W, "This is Spinal Tap"

"Dont even look at that guitar"

"How much more black can you get than that? None more black"

"You cant do heavy metal in dubly"

"......will we be doing stonehenge tonite"

"its a fine line between clever aqnd stupid"

I could go on all day
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-15-2008, 05:48 PM
rickr15's Avatar
rickr15 rickr15 is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mesa AZ.
Posts: 51
I always liked "Streets of Fire" but maybe thats just because of Diane lane.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:45 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.