Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 12-21-2007, 01:42 PM
Sandy G's Avatar
Sandy G Sandy G is offline
Spiteful Old Cuss
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Rogersville, Tennessee
Posts: 9,571
Yep. Loved "Radio Days", too. GREAT music ! Woody's a genius, but his work is kinda uneven, & he CERTAINLY has uhh, "Issues", to be polite.
__________________
Benevolent Despot
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-21-2007, 01:43 PM
chewy's Avatar
chewy chewy is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7
Although I have tremendous respect for his work, they are not the movies that I ever liked or made me want to see again. Don't know why, just never enjoyed them.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-21-2007, 02:05 PM
sleddogman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Sleeper was great.

My all time favor line: "There is nothing wrong with you that can't be cured with a couple of Prozac and a polo mallet". - Manhattan Murder Mystery
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-21-2007, 02:54 PM
Tom Brennan's Avatar
Tom Brennan Tom Brennan is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 108
How about in Sleeper when the two doctors from the future are talking about Allen's character's 20th Century health food ideas----"What, no deep fat? No hot fudge?"

Or when a large Black women in Bananas identifies herself on the witness stand as J. Edgar Hoover.

"My mustache wiil eat your beard."

"Name three presidents."

"I'd say you were sadistic, bestialic and necrophiliac but that would be beating a dead horse"

The guy is funny.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-21-2007, 03:22 PM
Yamaha B-2 Yamaha B-2 is offline
registered user
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NJ Shore
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmjrt View Post
His early movies were funny - through Annie Hall. Of his later movies...I watched them until I found out he was a pedophile hunting at home. At this point I wouldn't care if he turned out the best movie in history, I wouldn't pay a dime to see it. http://judicial-inc.biz/woody_allen_with_mia_farrow.htm
Believe this falls under the heading of, "she said, he said". WA has spent no time in jail for all of what Mia has said, and it was thoroughly investigated. Aren't they still married?
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #21  
Old 12-21-2007, 05:51 PM
Andyman's Avatar
Andyman Andyman is offline
Scroungus Stereophilus
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North of Detroit, East of Grumpy. West of Kegger
Posts: 261
I like most of his early stuff and will almost always watch his films when they come on TV.

Lots of good stuff in them.

Remember Gene Wilder drinking the Woolite in the alley.......
__________________
I think the world is run by "C" students - Al McGuire
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-21-2007, 06:23 PM
jcmjrt's Avatar
jcmjrt jcmjrt is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: S.F. Bay
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha B-2 View Post
Believe this falls under the heading of, "she said, he said". WA has spent no time in jail for all of what Mia has said, and it was thoroughly investigated. Aren't they still married?
Soon-Yi the adopted daughter of his partner of 10 years (Mia Farrow) was of the age of consent (freshman in college) when the affair between the two was outed (allegations were that it began when she was in high school). Illegal no. Unethical, yes! No crime but just about as slimey as you can get.
There was enough evidence of molestation of his children that he was barred from unsupervised visits with his biological son and adopted daughter. The bar for civil issues is lower than the bar for legal ones but evidence is still required. Would you let Woody baby-sit your children?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-21-2007, 07:18 PM
Yamaha B-2 Yamaha B-2 is offline
registered user
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NJ Shore
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmjrt View Post
Would you let Woody baby-sit your children?
Well....she will be 34 in February, so she can make that decision herself. But, I'm guessing she agrees with you. Though, I'll probably not ask.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-21-2007, 10:33 PM
dr*audio's Avatar
dr*audio dr*audio is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 93
An interesting movie to watch is "Wild Man Blues." It's a documentary about the Dixieland Jazz Band that Woody plays in, touring Europe. Soon-Yi accompanies Woody and it really gives an insight into their relationship and his neuroses. Also great concert footage of the band.
__________________
Warren

"No choice for sugar, but what choice could there be,
But to drown in coffee, or drown in tea?"
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-21-2007, 10:35 PM
Snade's Avatar
Snade Snade is offline
humble AK member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago burbs - DuPage county
Posts: 192
Manhattan = good.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #26  
Old 12-21-2007, 11:01 PM
Estring's Avatar
Estring Estring is offline
Shepherd
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 9
I used to like his movies quite a bit, but ever since he hooked up with Soon Yi, I can't get past the fact the he is a sad old man now.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-21-2007, 11:03 PM
dread31's Avatar
dread31 dread31 is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Big Blue Ball
Posts: 43
I didn't get his early movies.....But then I was way young when they first came out. Now I find them hilarious.

It's a good thing no one has actually marketed the "Orgazmatron". I'd be the first in line. Then I would become totally anti-social.

Dave
__________________
McIntosh MA6900, Magnum Dynalab MD90, Musical Fidelity A3cd, Luxman PD264/ClearAudio Aurum Beta S Wood, Vandersteen 2ce Signature.

Harman Kardon Citation 17, Denon POA1500, Revox A77 MkIV, Yamaha YP4B, Infinity RS7.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-22-2007, 08:16 AM
soundmotor's Avatar
soundmotor soundmotor is offline
super modified
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Just off the shoulder of Orion
Posts: 614
Young Asian women, Woody Allen, whodathunkit.....

__________________
I took a hammer to a Regency TR-4, I was 6 at the time.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-29-2007, 01:59 AM
RussinOhio's Avatar
RussinOhio RussinOhio is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Westlake, Ohio
Posts: 120
He's funny but he IS a freak. His "association" with the young asian girl has been public knowledge for a long time. Personally I find it rather sick that he'd actually marry his ex-wifes step daughter. You don't even want to know the stuff that is NOT public knowledge! (Shudder at the thought!)
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-29-2007, 02:20 AM
goraman goraman is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kalifornski,USA
Posts: 46
I cant remember the name of the movie but he said "my family lived above a bowling ally and it was the bowling ally that complained about the noise!"
He is a favorite and ok it is a little messed up about the yong asian girl but who dosent think it's cool for Hugh Hefner.If a rich man has a young sweetie on his arm hes cool but a poor old guy is a perv right? I really dont care what people do as long as both are concenting ADULTS.and no children are involved.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:02 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.