![]() |
|
#16
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
|
|
#17
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
Jimmy
__________________
Current System:Cambridge Audio 640 Azur v2/NAD pp-2/,Oppo DV-970HD dvd/cd/,Luxman T-12 Tuner,Technics SL-1200 Mk5/Grado Red,ADS L810. |
|
#18
|
||||
|
||||
|
A remake of "Plan 9 from Outer Space" or "Mars Needs Women" would be fun.
|
|
#19
|
||||
|
||||
|
There was a TV miniseries of The Martian Chronicles back in the 80s, that was only so-so. But there's a built-in audience of Ray Bradbury fans, and with an intelligent script that's true to Bradbury's vision, and with up-to-date FX, a movie could be a winner.
__________________
Too bad, it only seems, to happen in my dreams, Only in dreams, In beautiful dreams. |
|
#20
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
__________________
apple nad pro-ject blue-jeans klipsch hsu |
| Audiokarma |
|
#21
|
||||
|
||||
|
The last BOND movie was good.
__________________
I'm the one that's got to die, when it's time for me to die. |
|
#22
|
||||
|
||||
|
How bout Debbie reduz Dallas..
__________________
I'm the one that's got to die, when it's time for me to die. |
|
#23
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
__________________
apple nad pro-ject blue-jeans klipsch hsu |
|
#24
|
||||
|
||||
|
I,m holding out for another re-make of King Kong
|
|
#25
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
Just saw that they're coming out with a Transformers movie, due in July. Cool!
__________________
apple nad pro-ject blue-jeans klipsch hsu |
| Audiokarma |
|
#26
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
|
|
#27
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
|
|
#28
|
||||
|
||||
|
Vacant.
Void. Devoid. I have a great idea. Write something new. Produce it with old style values. TRY to come up with some actors with the subtlety of Fonda or Bogart or Stewart or Peck. Stop pissing all over the legacy of classics by remaking them with trite, special effects-driven scripts. The sequels to "Planet of the Apes" got progressively worse, but they were MASTERPIECES compared to the remake of the original. What a convoluted pile of vomit. The reason "The Birds" remake would be atrocicious: The suspense in the film is based on the silence and the acting. The INTERLUDES are what build the mood. Your proposed version would center on a huge flock of digital birds. I'm not scared of digital birds, but I'm scared they will remake the movie.
__________________
Never said I was a stool pigeon. Never said I was a diplomat. |
|
#29
|
||||
|
||||
|
And that King Kong remake was pretty good, by current Hollywood standards, which is to say, Hollywood is fine with putting out lots of crap if it makes lots of moolah.
__________________
Never said I was a stool pigeon. Never said I was a diplomat. |
|
#30
|
||||
|
||||
|
Ahh yes...... hollywood doesn't believe the audience has the patience to sit through pregnant pauses anymore. Try watching the original The Exorcist again. It's a slow movie at first, and builds slowly, by the effect is totally gripping. You won't see horror like that much anymore......if at all.
__________________
32°56'49.15"S 151°39'43.78"E In the middle of my Street |
| Audiokarma |
![]() |
|
|