![]() |
|
#61
|
||||
|
||||
|
Dawn Of The Dead
This is my all time fav movie. The first time i saw it was at Northridge Mall and a local radio station used to have midnight movies there. After Dawn Of The Dead was over it was about 2:30 in the morning and they had the cheesy mall music playing as we were walking out. You just knew that there were zombies waiting for you around the corner!!! To this day i still get chills when i go in to a mall because of that experience! I think i was all of 12 years old at the time too.
__________________
He went right up side the head of my favorite baby seal He went WHAP! With a lead-filled snow shoe |
|
#62
|
|||
|
|||
|
Robot Monster
This one kills me.An alien in a gorilla suit with diving helmet afixed with rabbit ear antennae! He's on Earth to finish the job of killing off the human race.In his cave hideaway are various "alien" devices,including a bubble making machine(!) and jacob's ladders.Godawful dialogue,acting,and even the legendary Elmer Bernstein contributes a clunky score.Hard to believe Ed Wood had nothing to do with this one.
|
|
#63
|
|||
|
|||
|
Gamera the Invincible!
ManFromPorlock,
The amazing spinning/flying turtle is Gamera (or Gammera)! I just saw that movie on my box set of 50 sci-fi movies for 19.95! I was impressed that the movie actually had Bryan Donlevy (one Professor Quatermass) in it. Bill |
|
#64
|
||||
|
||||
|
Original Godzilla with Aaron Burr, "Blob" or "the Thing" with Steve McQueen (I think, memory is poor), Mothra, Calling All Monsters, Attack of the Gargantuas (??, the one with a Green Gargantua vs. a Brown Gargantua).
|
|
#65
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
You should see the Mystery Science Theatre 3000 version of "Robot Monster". It was one of their funniest episodes ever.
__________________
Quote:
|
| Audiokarma |
|
#66
|
||||
|
||||
|
Yeah, "Mothra" was one I never could quite figger out-but I've never seen the whole enchilada from end-2-end. The little miniature Jap girls that were always singing or something-WTF was THAT all about ?!? And was Mothra evil or just kinda big & clumsy? Doncha just LOVE English badly dubbed into a Japanese movie where what they say & what their mouths are doing are nowhere near the same?
__________________
Benevolent Despot |
|
#67
|
|||
|
|||
|
Alien -- I still can't watch it unless I am in a very specific mood (I.E. to be scared). The pinnacle of "atmosphere" and tension-building -- nothing even happens for like 40 minutes, and there's no blood for about half the movie.
If Alien was an allegory for struggling by one's self with a disease (I.E. cancer), then Aliens was an allegory for an epidemic (I.E. aids) -- I love the way the director seems to build the tension, and then just turns it into an action movie. Getting old school, the one with the giant concrete statue...can't remember the name, three syllables, something like Daikugin...maybe something with a Z...that one creeped me out as a kid. |
|
#68
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
|
|
#69
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
__________________
Quote:
|
|
#70
|
|||
|
|||
|
Name of movie?
I am trying to find out the name of a Japanese monster movie where there were two huge same looking monster, one was brown and the other a grayish color. The brown one was good and came from the mountains and the grayish was not so good and came from the sea. The brown attempted to convince the grayish monster not to be mean and destroy towns but couldn't do the convincing and both ended up fighting and in the ocean. Thanks in advance, Ed.
|
| Audiokarma |
|
#71
|
||||
|
||||
|
__________________
Quote:
|
|
#72
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
Thanks for the quick answer! |
|
#73
|
||||
|
||||
|
lol...I love all those movies that have been previously mentioned! I watched a lot of them growing up. I partially watched the original Predator on the Spanish channel the other day. What other movie can you see two governors kick butt?
The original Alien with Sigourney Weaver is a classic and was scary fun too. Especially since I saw it on acid. |
|
#74
|
||||
|
||||
|
The Golem
(Golem, wie er in die Welt kam, Der -1920)
|
|
#75
|
||||
|
||||
|
The first few John Holmes movies. Thank god for Seka.
__________________
I'm the one that's got to die, when it's time for me to die. |
| Audiokarma |
![]() |
|
|