Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-12-2006, 07:55 AM
SoCal Sam's Avatar
SoCal Sam SoCal Sam is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 40
MNF on ESPN

Did you catch the doubleheader last night? What do you think of the new MNF on cable and why two games? IMO, the "A" announcing crew sucks. Tirico is a golf announcer and Cornheiser is a shock jock. Theismann is the only one who seserves to be there. The "B" team of Nessler, Vermeil, and Jaworski is much more football savvy and called a much better game. SNF with the old MNF crew of Michaels and Madden is the now the standard bearer. Opinions?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-12-2006, 08:06 AM
Clmrt's Avatar
Clmrt Clmrt is offline
Just thrilled.
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Richfield, Minn
Posts: 23
NFL = Overrated. Thank God for Tivo, s'all I gotta say. I watched the whole Vikings game in 50 minutes. Listened to KQRS during.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-12-2006, 09:58 AM
Fernzee's Avatar
Fernzee Fernzee is offline
Heyyyyyy
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota
Posts: 8
Ya Clmrt,
I also turned the volumn off on the TV and turned KFAN on. Thank god, they kept on showing Jamie Fox and Tom Cruise the whole time. Talk about kissing up. Bleah!
__________________
My Sound:
Pioneer
SX-680 SX-780 SX-1250
PL-530 PL-A45D CT-F9191 RG-1 DT-400
2 pairs HPM-60's
Vandersteen 2 series
Bose 901 Series 1 Speakers
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-12-2006, 10:23 AM
Clmrt's Avatar
Clmrt Clmrt is offline
Just thrilled.
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Richfield, Minn
Posts: 23
Yeah - WTF was that all about?


Hating it. Gimme back the no-BS days of the '60's with MARCHING BANDS for halftime shows.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-12-2006, 10:28 AM
Scorpion8's Avatar
Scorpion8 Scorpion8 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Juneau, AK
Posts: 92
I don't know why they need two games on MNF. They lose half the east coast crowd who won't stay up until 2 AMish unless you're a real diehard. And the west coast people... heck, the first game was half over before I got home from work. I just thought the time was excessive. One game would be fine.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #6  
Old 09-12-2006, 10:28 AM
Duffinator's Avatar
Duffinator Duffinator is offline
Lost in the Supermarket
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: ROCKville, CA
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal Sam
SNF with the old MNF crew of Michaels and Madden is the now the standard bearer. Opinions?
I agree. I've been doing SNF parties with the guys in my FF league for the past few years and not MNF. This is for reasons other then the announcers. But with Micheals and Madden on SNF this is a sure thing that will continue this season. Sam, if you are in town on October 15th stop by for brats and beer. The Raiders are playing the Ponys. I believe the two games last night was just for the first week only.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-12-2006, 11:40 AM
Mudder's Avatar
Mudder Mudder is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: East central Missouri
Posts: 1
No cable at work. It's all about money. Their loss.
__________________
SA-9100/ SA-8800/ SA-9500/TX9100/ TX8500/ TX9800/ Teac 4300/ Teac A-6300/CT-F700/JVC XL-M222 Disk Changer

JBL's 4312 BK/4311 WX/LC312-1/ L 36's
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-12-2006, 12:51 PM
CarlV's Avatar
CarlV CarlV is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: SF east bay
Posts: 48
I miss Jack Buck and Hank Stramm calling games on CBS radio. I never listened to the tv audio if they were calling the game.



Carl
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-12-2006, 01:44 PM
Drybasement's Avatar
Drybasement Drybasement is offline
Hold the ketchup...
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Midland, Michigan
Posts: 41
I'll watch MNF if the Lions are playing. Hmmm, come to think of it, it's been years since I've seen a MNF game.

I'm just kidding but does anybody outside of the Detroit area really want to see the Lions on MNF? It's bad enough the nation has to endure them on Thanksgiving Day.

I like Cornheiser's PTI but as an announcer on MNF, nope. He tries to be too serious.

They'll go back to just one game next Monday night. Probably the usual 9 PM start time.
__________________
...and pass the mustard.

A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore. ~ Yogi Berra
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-26-2006, 09:35 AM
SoCal Sam's Avatar
SoCal Sam SoCal Sam is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 40
Anybody watch last night? Too much side show and not enough football. Spike Lee live interview? Come on!!! College commentators call better games.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #11  
Old 09-26-2006, 09:36 AM
SoCal Sam's Avatar
SoCal Sam SoCal Sam is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffinator
I agree. I've been doing SNF parties with the guys in my FF league for the past few years and not MNF. This is for reasons other then the announcers. But with Micheals and Madden on SNF this is a sure thing that will continue this season. Sam, if you are in town on October 15th stop by for brats and beer. The Raiders are playing the Ponys. I believe the two games last night was just for the first week only.
Hey Duffinator: Sounds great! I'll lay two touchdowns and take the Ponys. Sam.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-26-2006, 10:17 AM
CarlV's Avatar
CarlV CarlV is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: SF east bay
Posts: 48
ESPN was truly pathetic last night. I couldn't take it anymore so off went the TV and on went the radio.

Carl
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-26-2006, 11:00 AM
Fernzee's Avatar
Fernzee Fernzee is offline
Heyyyyyy
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota
Posts: 8
I think my "favorite" part of last night's New Orlean's game, was when they changed the song lyrics of House of the Rising Sun.

New lyrics:
"there is,
a house,
in New Orleans.
They call the
SUUUUUUPPPPPPPPER DOMEEEE!

That made me laugh for a good long while, considering the origional house, the Rising Sun, was a brothel. Too many jokes come to mind.
__________________
My Sound:
Pioneer
SX-680 SX-780 SX-1250
PL-530 PL-A45D CT-F9191 RG-1 DT-400
2 pairs HPM-60's
Vandersteen 2 series
Bose 901 Series 1 Speakers
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-26-2006, 11:17 AM
Duffinator's Avatar
Duffinator Duffinator is offline
Lost in the Supermarket
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: ROCKville, CA
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal Sam
Hey Duffinator: Sounds great! I'll lay two touchdowns and take the Ponys. Sam.
I know the Raiders suck this year but be nice. The Spike Lee interview was totally unnecessary. Thank goodness for SNF!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-26-2006, 11:24 AM
Holst's Avatar
Holst Holst is offline
<Mahler and Me
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: S Crow Wing Co. Minnesota
Posts: 217
I like PFT's running commentary on MNF.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/LiveBlog.htm
__________________
Main: McIntosh MC2125, McIntosh C27, Ohm Acoustics Walsh 300's, AMC CD8b, Luxman K-373, Marantz 2110, Phillips N4504 w/dbx 222/200/NX40, SOTA Moonbeam w/Shure V15II/JICO-SAS
Upstairs Mancave: Yaoin VK2100, Ohm Walsh F's, Luxman D-373, Sony ST-3950SD
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:40 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.