Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 08-02-2006, 06:43 PM
Bobby Brady Bobby Brady is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 334
It is very comforting to see anothger set on it's way to safety!
I hope one of you guys gets it.
If I had the money to spare I would want it even as a display piece but I would spend a lot of time getting a new tube produced!
It must be possible to get some person to make a glass mold and recreate it from scratch. It must be posssible to do that or somehow repair the existing ones. I guess one big problem is metal corrosion. Apparently the cone of the CRT is metal. I never saw one but I can imagine. Foriegn company's have and still do take finished products and copy them with apparent ease. Seems like we could get all the users of those 15" CRT's to comibine efforts to get it done.
I guess that is what you guys are doing!
I hope so!
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:44 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.