Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #4  
Old 08-05-2005, 07:41 PM
tv beta guy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
One thing I've noticed on newer TVs (like a few weeks ago while at Best Buy) is a lot of those sets are way too blue on the grey scale, to make it look "brighter." It makes everything look like crap.

I don't know why people like that 9300+K color temp. I hate it. On our (somewhat) newer TVs, my 1990 Sears/Sanyo TV (my first TV) and my parent's 1992 Panasonic 31" console have a natural 6500K greyscale as is. Seems like after the early 90s, they started doing that. My 1996 GE/Thomson had a way overly blue greyscale, with no consumer adjustment for it. Once I learned of the service menu, it has been readjusted. All my computer monitors have been readjusted for 6500K.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:39 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.