Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #29  
Old 07-10-2005, 08:35 AM
drh4683's Avatar
drh4683 drh4683 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,094
Nice RCA CTC22

I havnt found a portable tube type tv in over a year! Ive been patient going to many estate sales on saterdays, the majority were dissapointments. I was stunned to find a CTC-22 playing in the bedroom in a NEWER HOME yesterday! An absolute unexpected find! I'll tell you this much, the last time I found a CTC-22 at an estate sale was August 18, 1998 in Downers Grove (I keep a record of all my estate sale finds)
Went to a sale at 4501 madison, Brookfield, IL. It was a newer home, so normally, I dont expect a thing as far as old TV's go. Everything was new downstairs so I figured the rest of the house was a waist of time to go through.
ANyone who was to go upstairs had to take their shoes off (which Ive never had to do at an ES before). I asked, are there any TV's up there. "yes, there is one in the bedroom but you probably wont like it as its a newer set". For the hell of it, I went up and checked anyway. I was blown away to see it was a mint condition CTC-22 on top of a dresser and working!

Snatched it up at half price, so I got it for $10! It still has the model tag on the back which is rare. Its an EM-417W the "URBANITE" and is a 1969 model. This is the newer generation of the 22. It has the newer knobs and RCA logo.
Got it home, and it has all original tubes inside. Even though it worked, it was somewhat of a weak picture. all 8 of the 5GH8's had to go! Its got a nice sharp and bright picture!
__________________
I tolerate the present by living in the past...
To see drh4683's photo page, click here
To see drh4683's youtube page, click here

Last edited by drh4683; 07-10-2005 at 11:25 AM.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:06 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.