Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #2  
Old 05-15-2005, 01:23 AM
heathkit tv
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I recall seeing some live commercials with Lucy and Desi when they were on a game show (I think it was 'I've Got A Secret'). Their cartoon likeness(es?) also did some cigarette commercials. Most no one seems to be familiar with these cartoon characters as they are almost never seen in the reruns, although they came along later in the run of I Love Lucy when it went to an hour show shortly before they broke up.

IIRC the last cigarette commercials were in the very early 70's. One of the last were spots for Laredo roll your own.....you bought a can of tobacco, rolling papers, and a handheld machine that would roll your smokes. Can you imagine the super happy potheads from around that time? :-)

Anthony
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:10 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.