![]() |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
1988 Zenith Console TV
Hello,
I do not have much information like Model #, chassis number, etc. I had a gentleman that had a customer pass and her sons brought the TV to him. He thought I may be interested in it. The sons said it was working, but assuming he hooked it up to his VCR at his Repair Shop he said all it does is that TV does come on but he gets no Audio or Video to come through the Set. He said the Picture Tube is very weak. Anyone know why the set would have no Audio or Video coming through and if it would be fixable to finish what is left in the Picture Tube or could the tube possibly be rejuvenated? He said it was in a Pecan colored Cabinet and is a 27 inch set. UPDATE ON TV SET: IT turns out it is a 1987 Zenith Sentry 3 Console Set Model # SD27739N. I went and picked up the TV today as it was a giveaway FREE. It once again was to not have any audio or video. However, I got the thing home plugged it hooked up Dish Network Cable Box and I had Audio And Video. It was somewhat blurry and etc. It cleared up with time of the CRT heating up. I took the back off and adjusted the Focus and it now has a nice and clear picture that is very sharp. The Color is not turned up too much on this set but leaving it set lower since the Picture Tube has a lot of hours on it. The Picture Tube # in the Cabinet is- A68ACT00X. Does anyone know if the following 27 inch tube would swap out? The spare Picture Tube # is A68ACT11X? It seems the chassis is good for now as the Repairman said it was probably about 6 years ago or so he replace the capacitors in the set for the Older Lady. She was to used this TV up to the time of her passing which was January of this Year. She was 1 Last edited by Console User; Yesterday at 09:14 PM. Reason: Forgot some more information |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
If the CRT really is weak, then no amount of effort will make it good. It's a waste of time. Rejuvenation is a temporary fix at best.
Better hold out for a set with a strong CRT. If you really like the cabinet you could possibly swap the tube for a good one from a donor set, but that's a lot of work for a late 1980s console which apparently also has chassis issues. |
![]() |
|
|