Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #17  
Old 01-17-2025, 11:44 AM
vortalexfan vortalexfan is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Northern Indiana
Posts: 1,986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Kuehn View Post
You are correct. The 3 position switch simply selects which color gun you're testing. So you need to re-set the cutoff control for each gun when you move between the 3, because there's no memory of the 3 cutoff settings. Some fancier testers have 3 separate cutoff controls and 3 meters so you can compare all 3 color guns simultaneously.
That's what I thought but when I would go to adjust the red color gun settings and do an emissions test on the red color gun in my picture tube I get no needle deflection/movement from the meter but when I would test the green and blue color guns in my picture tube I get deflection/movement meter that shows that the picture tube is still good yet, but how is it possible for a picture tube to have really good testing green and blue color guns but a dead testing red gun?
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:51 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.