Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #10  
Old 07-25-2024, 09:16 PM
vol.2's Avatar
vol.2 vol.2 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Posts: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_tv_nut View Post
Now I wonder if we're looking at the same thing.
I see the same thing you are seeing.

Quote:
I have been assuming you have been talking about the fairly narrow dark and bright vertical bars that extend at least a fifth of a way into the picture from the left.
They do, but then you can see there are also some narrower lines on the right side of the screen. There is one lighter thin bar towards the right. It seems like they are wide on the left, and get narrow towards the right until they are very thin. I would assume the lines are wider on the left because the energy from the flyback is greatest just after the refresh period.

Quote:
These are far too wide for spot blooming to average out unless you are seeing the picture go terribly out of focus at high brightness.
That was just a guess. I was describing what happens when I start from a blank screen and slowly turn up the brightness until I see a white raster.
It made sense to me that the raster itself was what is blooming as a whole solid screen of white, not the spots surrounding the bars.

Quote:
They could, however, be a power bus or ground transient coming from the power supply that reduces in amplitude as the power supply is loaded more heavily.
How do think I could solve that if it was true?

Thanks
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:47 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.