Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 06-13-2024, 07:51 PM
Yamamaya42's Avatar
Yamamaya42 Yamamaya42 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Round Rock TX
Posts: 3,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandersen View Post
Yes ^^^ but you can use a much smaller wattage. The power will divide in the same ratio as the resistance.

A 12K rated for 3 watt or better will do. If you don't have one handy, use a 10K just to see what effect it has.

Here's how I did a 721TS recently. I paralleled a 1500 with 5000 to get the required 1125.
How common is it for the larger 25w resistors to be bad? The tested OK on mine a few years ago, so I left them in. only 1 section candohm resistor tested funny at the time, which I bypassed, I should have done all 3 sections, as I now suspect the other 2 are starting to fail as well, as when the sound is at max,the picture shrinks horizontally. Granted this set had no sound OEM, but that sound not be an issue, as it has the same power system in it as TVs with sound originally.



For now, I have the audio output pulled and am using a cheap LM386 amp for sound till I address the candohm resistor issue, but, do I replace ALL the bleeder network preemptively, or leave the larger 25w resister in if it still seems good?
__________________
=^-^=
Yasashii yoru ni hitori utau uta. Asu wa kimi to utaou. Yume no tsubasa ni notte.
いとおしい人のために
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:28 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.