Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Diagnostic & Test Equipment

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #2  
Old 12-04-2022, 07:57 PM
jr_tech's Avatar
jr_tech jr_tech is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winky Dink View Post

The .001 disk cap is not a problem, but I don't kknow anything about diodes. (Except that they can be really bad if you put them in backwards.) So, I have diodes 1N401, -4002, -4004, -4005, -4007, 1N5399, and NTE125.

QUESTION: Can I use one of those to replace the crystal diode?

Thanks, Henry.
Those all appear to be silicon power rectification diodes... I suspect that Heathkit used a sensitive germanium diode such as a 1N34 or 1N60 in the probe.
If the original diode checks ok, I would use it.

jr
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:13 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.