Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #10  
Old 12-03-2022, 11:47 AM
bandersen's Avatar
bandersen bandersen is offline
RCA 741PCS
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 8,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
... Are these tubes as rare as folks are saying? Am I probably going to need to buy a donor set in the end Bob?
Yes, I guess you missed my earlier post? Admiral may have been the only maker to use this CRT. Likely few folks would have dropped the cash to replace the picture tube in these little portables so not many were made.

On the plus side these are relatively common and small enough shipping is feasible.

It's not that hard to line up and slide on a base with only 5 or 6 pins. I've done it a few times. I've only needed extension wires for 14 pin 7JP4s.
I've also files away glass to repair a broken off lead. Nerve wracking but not impossible
__________________
Here are my Vintage Radio & TV YouTube Channel and Photo Gallery
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:58 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.