Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Recorded Video

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #38  
Old 12-03-2022, 12:40 AM
probnot's Avatar
probnot probnot is offline
15.7Khz squeal with joy
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltchan View Post
Any former VCR techs remember the RCA VR-270 (2-head) or VR-450 (4-head) VHS VCR (the compact-design made by Hitachi with top-button controls)? I bet over 20% of the RCA's 2,758 total number (552 units) in for service was either the VR-270 or VR-450.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/384474593933

Studio Sound Electronics owner also says a lot of bad things about the RCA VR-270 and VR-450 too. "One of Hitachi's worst products ever," is his favorite daily quote to me.
I have a VR-275 still kicking around. Somehow it still works, although the linear stereo circuitry is all messed up. I remember seeing a few with dead power supplies when I was younger.

What were the major issues with this series of VCRs?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VR-275.jpg (49.2 KB, 19 views)
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:02 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.