Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #12  
Old 02-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Jeffhs's Avatar
Jeffhs Jeffhs is offline
<----Zenith C845
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Fairport Harbor, Ohio (near Lake Erie)
Posts: 4,035
I had two great-aunts, now deceased, who had a Sony color portable TV similar to yours. Theirs was a 12-inch all-channel TV from, IIRC, the late 1960s or maybe the early seventies; I'm not sure, but since it was all-channel I'd guess 1970s. Their set did not have remote control, that I was ever aware of, but since they were always within a few feet of the set when watching it they really didn't need a remote. They lived in a third-floor apartment in a Cleveland suburb; the TV worked very well, as it should have in a third-story dwelling (their building did not have any kind of master TV antenna service, and this was long before their area ever had cable), using only its built-in VHF dipole and round UHF antennas. I don't know what became of the TV after they died, but I do hope it found a good home since it was working extremely well as long as they were alive and needed no service, that I was ever aware of.
__________________
Jeff, WB8NHV

Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002

Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.