Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #16  
Old 01-11-2021, 07:51 PM
dtvmcdonald's Avatar
dtvmcdonald dtvmcdonald is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,268
I have a Pilot TV-37. Its got stray 60 Hz everywhere. I've verified that its there even if there is no B+ or B- because the rectifiers AC feeds are disconnected (but heaters are connected). Thus its heater line pickup. In most cases I verified that its not heater-cathode problems by moving tubes of the same type around.

I've also verified that a lot of the problem is modulation
of the RF in the tuner.

I managed to get OK pictures by careful adjustments. Its vitally important to get
the RF level in a good range: if the gain is too high or low it gets worse.
Thus, I need an external attenuator.

You can't really win. The set was designed for pictures that had a constant
average gray, and a constant contrast, no black or white screens. Give it such
a program, and its much happier!
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:19 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.