Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #6  
Old 12-11-2020, 09:11 PM
Jeffhs's Avatar
Jeffhs Jeffhs is offline
<----Zenith C845
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Fairport Harbor, Ohio (near Lake Erie)
Posts: 4,035
I am trying to find more information on the Zenith SJ2722lk5 TV, as I like all models of Zenith TV, radio, stereo, et al. (I am particularly interested in the details on this particular TV, as it is one of the last sets made by the original Zenith Radio Corporation before the company left Chicago for Korea.) However, every search I've done for this model returns an error. What are the letters following SJ2722? I tried "lk5" but that, like the other searches I've done for this chassis, returned an error, telling me to check my spelling (which I did, several times). The error shows up even with everything properly spelled. Are the letters following the set's model number "lk5", "lK5", "LK5"...? I also did a search for just plain SJ2722 (no letters following the final digit), with the same results.

BTW, I wouldn't operate the TV with just a horizontal line across the CRT, as this will burn the phosphors, as it will in older b&w sets. This line is caused if the service switch, on the rear apron of the chassis, is set to the "service" position; however, if the TV does not have such a switch, the problem is almost certainly caused by horizontal sweep failure. This can occur in solid state televisions (b&w or color) because the horizontal sweep in SS sets has nothing (or very little) to do with the HV plant.

Also, I was surprised to see the Zenith "System 3" badge on the front panel of this TV. Until now, I was not aware that Zenith was still using that particular model name as late as the early 1990s; I thought they had retired it by then, or at least by the end of the '80s.

Thanks much.
__________________
Jeff, WB8NHV

Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002

Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten.

Last edited by Jeffhs; 12-11-2020 at 09:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:49 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.